Saira 1.1 is released!

• 51 Replies

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
Re: Saira 1.1 is released!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 01:21:38 »
The download URLs are down. Just to let you know.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 02:12:25 »
But the ones with the underscores (the expected download targets) are now up.  Looks like Nifflas resolved the naming issue!
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 02:17:17 »
Would it be possible to add an options menu where you could turn down some graphics settings? Saira is pretty laggy on my machine.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
Re: WiP: Saira 1.1
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 03:55:25 »
As far as suggestions go, one thing I was kind of disappointed in was when I realized the camera has limited memory.  I wanted to take pictures just for fun of my favorite creatures and locations throughout the game, in keeping with the character of Saira being a photographer.  But it turns out there isn't much room for "just for fun" pictures when you also have to leave room for pictures of clues.  It would be nice if the camera held more photos.  (Not a big deal, but just something I thought of when I started playing.)

Hmm... what do you do in real life when your digicam's memory is full? ;) You can do the same thing here, transfer the files to another directory.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 13:48:40 »
@Nifflas:

So, the fly animation was redone in the new version.
And this should unable us to create our own animations for flying.

How would you have created one before?

By creating a whole new sprite sheet for Saira? and if that's so, couldn't we just do that now too as the sprites for flying is in that sprite sheet?

Or was it possible to do it in another way before?

Offtopic: And those sprite sheets, by the way. Are they auto-generated with Anime Studio Pro?
I mean: do you have a file where Saira as a character is in and the different part of her body are some kind of objects in such a way that you can change the look and still have the animated figure.

I'm not sure if that made any sense... :huh:

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 15:09:32 »
I noticed an improvement in performance with this update. Well done, Nifflas. :)

Also, Nifflas may be interested in knowing that today I was running my laptop from battery power and the performance (of both 1.0 and 1.1) was a lot worse. Getting the game to run properly on some computers may depend on changing the battery-saving plan.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 15:12:53 by PONTO »

Offline .viR

• .r:-146[7]+
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 21:31:45 »
I wonder, will you be releasing new episodes when you have time to make them? (Or are they planned?)
Knytt stories seems to be the "nice 'n' easy" level making and Saria has more of a "professional" look to it.

Also, loved the music on Dragon Noir.
I like it.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 17:23:46 »
I noticed an improvement in performance with this update. Well done, Nifflas. :)

Also, Nifflas may be interested in knowing that today I was running my laptop from battery power and the performance (of both 1.0 and 1.1) was a lot worse. Getting the game to run properly on some computers may depend on changing the battery-saving plan.

This is actually expected behavor. When you use a low-battery performance plan on your laptop, it will not give the GPU much power to extend the duration of the battery. Due to this, the performance of the GPU becomes less too. Any 3D app will have the same impact. You're basically performing a high powered demanding task with low/medium power.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline .viR

• .r:-146[7]+
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 17:40:49 »
Also, how do I "update" to 1.1? Do I have to find my save files and back them up, then uninstall and reinstall?
I like it.

Offline Muttroid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 17:53:38 »
Also, how do I "update" to 1.1? Do I have to find my save files and back them up, then uninstall and reinstall?

I think this is explained on the download page. Seems pretty straightforward.

Quote from: Nifflas
Upgrade

To upgrade the non-portable (installer) version of the game, you can install the new version over the old one. To upgrade a portable (zip) version of the game, extract the new version of the game into a new folder and move the Settings folder from the old version to the new one.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 18:39:06 »
That's strange, because I just extracted the 1.1 zip to the same place as the old one, and my saves and settings were intact. Actually, this should always apply, since the zip don't contain any settings folder. The settings folder is created when you first start up the game (if you don't have any).
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 21:18:53 »
Holy groffle! I just found this on JiG! I can't wait to try it out :whoa:

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 02:46:54 »
In the site you put the purchase of Saira "Kreator", Will it protect credit card ID

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 03:42:18 »
In the site you put the purchase of Saira "Kreator", Will it protect credit card ID
Why would Nifflas use a site that would steal your credit card number? :huh:

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!