Editor

• 15 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Editor
« on: December 12, 2009, 22:23:25 »
Edit: Note the new editor version for Saira 1.1!

Download editor here (to avoid spoilers, play through the game before you use the editor). Extract it so the editor program location is Saira\Editor\Editor.exe - the editor should be used with the Portable (zip) version of the game. Level editing is difficult and completely unsupported. Please don't ask me for help, but feel free to help each other out in this board! Also be aware that custom levels only runs in the full version of the game. If you create a really good level that I think can give the game more attention, I can unlock is to that it plays from the game demo.

To make level editing easier, there are a few ingame debug keys in the game that's good to know. One can be considered a cheat.

F9 triggers a song instantly
F11 activates collision mask mode (hold Shift to display collision mask and sound emitters)
Spoiler: the cheay one... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 16:53:26 by Nifflas »

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
Re: Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 23:13:15 »
Gaaahhhh
You weren't kidding.  This really is confusing!

And the window is too tall for my computer screen, though only by a bit.

It's a shame newer versions of Windows don't let the user move a window above the visible region of the screen.  I'd gladly sacrifice the application title bar to reach that last row of tiles or the Layer button tucked away at the bottom.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 23:26:11 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 23:26:53 »
Gaaahhhh
You weren't kidding.  This really is confusing!

And the window is too tall for my computer screen, though only by a bit.

It's a shame newer versions of Windows don't let the user move a window above the visible region of the screen.  I'd gladly sacrifice some of the application title bar for that region of the screen I'll never never be able to see.

How about changing the resolution to a step higher than the screen takes by default. You should be able to pan around the desktop. At least you could with old CRT screens (just tried and my LCD freaked out :shocked: )

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 23:29:43 »
I knew I shouldn't have edited out the bit about my screen.  X)
How about changing the resolution to a step higher than the screen takes by default.
No can do.  I'm on a laptop, which means LCD screen, which means fixed pixel size.  There is only one resolution on this thing:1366x768 (wide).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:56:37 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 23:33:05 »
Hey, does anyone know where the Nifflas extension for MMF2 is? I searched on the Clickteam forums and it won't display results older than the 5th of this month.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:36 »
Yessss - playtime!!! :D

Thank you Nifflas! It will be fun trying to figure out the largest puzzle of the entire game. ;)

It's a shame newer versions of Windows don't let the user move a window above the visible region of the screen.  I'd gladly sacrifice the application title bar to reach that last row of tiles or the Layer button tucked away at the bottom.

I feel your pain. :) Wide-screen laptop here, with a low screen height. The thing that solved the problem for me is turning off the "taskbar always on top" option. This frees up a little vertical space at the bottom of the screen, just enough to show the entire editor window from top to bottom.

Right-click the taskbar, select Properties. Uncheck the checkbox next to the Keep the taskbar on top of other windows option and that's it. If you need to switch between applications, use Alt+Tab. Works like a charm on XP. ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:30:34 by SiamJai »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 12:48:16 »
I knew I shouldn't have edited out the bit about my screen.  X)
How about changing the resolution to a step higher than the screen takes by default.
No can do.  I'm on a laptop, which means LCD screen, which means fixed pixel size.  There is only one resolution on this thing:1366x768 (wide).

Change your dpi settings to 80% and you should be able to get everything on screen. Nifflas programmed it for 1280x800, so you're only 32 pixels short. Even 90% will probably do.

For XP: http://www.lawfirmsoftware.com/support/change_dpi_settings_xp.htm
Vista and win7 doesn't allow smaller values than 100%, but using the registry (warning, is dangarous) you can still change it (both vista and win7): http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-12843-0.html?forumID=102&threadID=269119&messageID=3190792
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:53:58 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 17:21:39 »
Is possible to edit levels without buying the game? Is possible to test them?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 17:28:34 »
Is possible to edit levels without buying the game? Is possible to test them?

You can edit levels without buying the game, but you won't be able to test them.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 00:48:37 »
Well. it doesn't seem too hard.
30 seconds later: so... how do i get out of a selected room?
10 seconds later: oops probably shouldn't of edited the originial level in the demo
5 seconds later: task manager kill process
2.5 seconds later: *open saira**load game*"huh? i cant pl......  :shocked:"
1.25 seconds later: *re extracts saira*

btw saira isnt part of  the dictionary (sacrilege!)

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 00:51:56 »
30 seconds later: so... how do i get out of a selected room?
ESC

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 04:30:50 »
Thanks C)

Offline JohnG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 12:53:52 »
When I try to download the editor from the link above, I get a 404 error:

The requested URL /content/tools/Saira Editor 110.zip was not found on this server.

Is this still available?

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 01:11:29 »
btw saira isnt part of  the dictionary (sacrilege!)
It's a name.
Lurk more.

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 03:11:46 »
Download link is broken.