Is something suppost to happen?

• 4 Replies

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
Is something suppost to happen?
« on: December 12, 2009, 19:04:56 »
When I press D near the ship or a device, the game freezes and the arrow keys make beeping sound. Pressing D again disables the left and right arrow keys, and makes a notification thing on the screen... I have to press escape to get out of it. Is something suppost to happen? Because  have no idea what I'm suppost to do if all I hear is beeping...

[mod]removed superfluous text colouring, because it makes the text harder to read. Also there's a rule against unneeded formatting.[/mod]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 19:55:38 by Miss Paula »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: Is something suppost to happen?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 19:13:01 »
That sounds like a bug... :S
Can you show us a screenshot of that notification?

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 19:48:38 »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 19:49:05 »
From our chat I can conclude that you need a graphics card with more memory. One with only 32MB of graphics memory might simply not have the capabilities to display the sub-applications.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 20:07:22 by Nifflas »

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 19:55:30 »
Agreed.  LB, the problem you're having is not that the game is frozen, but that the menus aren't showing up.

Pressing D once on a device is supposed to bring up a screen for the device (up, down, left and right all do something on the device you show in that picture, which is why they make sound).

Pressing D again makes the PDA appear on the side (only up, down, and S do anything in the main menu of the PDA).  The notification you see in the middle is a picture of the Tab key; it tells you that the Tab key switches between the device and the PDA screens.  Unfortunately for you, neither of those screens are showing up.

You will not be able to enjoy Saira if these menus are not showing up (it will be nearly impossible to play), so you might want to try it on another computer.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 20:01:28 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!