Anyone else beat it yet?

• 26 Replies

Offline DoomGoon

• View Profile
Anyone else beat it yet?
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:26:52 »
Wasn't planning on picking it up this weekend and playing through it in one go... but couldn't resist a Nifflas game!

Overall, loved it... wished there was more platforming though versus the puzzle terminals though!  Some I loved, others I would have rather skipped.  I cannot wait for more episodes and user generated content.

Anyone find any secrets yet?  I think I found a hidden area but I couldn't figure it out in the end... might look tomorrow

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else beat it yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 14:10:50 »

Well.
You mean you found one of the endings...
But have you found them all, already?!

I mean...
I mean...
It all depends on where you go, what you've done.
Perhaps you should tell what ending you got to first,
and hide it as a spoiler,
and then go off finding the rest...!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 15:10:15 »
I think it's not much of a spoiler to tell you there are 6 different endings, but there is one which is definitely "the good ending".

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:01:48 »
I finally finished the game (I had just assumed I needed all the items in the game, so I gathered them all, and used the best ones, getting the best ending.)

Another amazing game from Nifflas.  Kind of short for a game that actually costs money, but since I never donated before I'll just look at it like I was paying for all the fun I've had with his previous games at the same time.

Now to figure out if I can actually do anything with the level editor....

Offline Muttroid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 23:23:32 »
Kind of short for a game that actually costs money, but since I never donated before I'll just look at it like I was paying for all the fun I've had with his previous games at the same time.

That's the way I looked at it, too. I think paying 19 bucks as thanks for the many hours that Saira, Knytt, Knytt Stories, Within A Deep Forest, A Strange Dream, etc. is perfectly reasonable. Particularly if there'll be further episodes yet to come. It's like a debt paid and an investment all in one!

As for me, I sat down around 2 PM to play the demo, bought the game around 3 PM and finished about half an hour ago (shortly before 6 PM). All in all, it was a great afternoon!  C)p Saw all 6 endings, and managed to spot a couple of the secrets they're talking about over in the Secrets thread. I might try fiddling with the F12 debug later this evening, seeing what fun stuff I can find!

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 04:55:57 »
I'm done. I liked the
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 05:15:11 »
I think it's not much of a spoiler to tell you there are 6 different endings, but there is one which is definitely "the good ending".
The ending I found is kinda a tease or "taunt" from nifflas :P
But in order to find others, you need to find better/other items? (in the full version I assume..)

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 05:24:10 »
I finally finished the game (I had just assumed I needed all the items in the game, so I gathered them all, and used the best ones, getting the best ending.)
Same here. :P
Lurk more.

Offline .viR

• .r:-146[7]+
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 17:19:05 »
What combi is the Knytt ending with?
So far I've got the
I like it.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 20:34:11 »
I managed to get all of the endings the day after I bought it, and a few secrets on
.. but that only because it was 4am, and I was really tired. I just played away at it constantly, until I had it beat. Well worth buying. I would actually be curious to find out how many people have bought it to date, out of pure curiosity...

Edit: The Knytt ending is...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 20:37:19 by Alan »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 20:41:08 »
I would actually be curious to find out how many people have bought it to date, out of pure curiosity...
Well, according to this extremely accurate poll, as many as 20 people have actually bought the game!
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 21:43:38 »
What combi is the Knytt ending with?

I know it was answered but

All endings and combinations are here:
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=2305.0

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 07:18:59 »
I would actually be curious to find out how many people have bought it to date, out of pure curiosity...
Well, according to this extremely accurate poll, as many as 20 people have actually bought the game!
Hey, that's over $380 in a few days.
Lurk more.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 07:28:59 »
:-/

Still not too much. I would hope that Saria is selling extremely well. I mean if Nifflas worked on the game for a year or so (not sure how much) he would like to get the equivilant of the money he could've gotten if he was working on a part time job, at least... So MORE than $380. Plus if he wants to make the next game faster, the best possible outcome would be to get so much money, to last him the development of the next series and earn from that, etc...

Yes, finished the game, all 6 endings. Was a matter really of going each time to Lomondo, or however is called and changing one item at the time.

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 15:40:02 »
Oh yes, I finished it a few days ago. Got all the endings and made a list of them too! But it turned out LightningEagle beat me to the punch on that one :P2

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.