Help me translate the press release

• 43 Replies
Re: Help me translate the press release
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 13:29:12 »
I have attached the Serbian version of the press release, I have no idea if you will find this of any use at all but I thought it would be fun to make. Cheers!

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 16:26:13 »
A Danish translation of the press release. Translations certainly are difficult when you don't have words for like "parallax scrolling", which I wonder how many know what is.
At least I didn't.  :S

EDIT: @Nifflas: Something I wondered about. If we're supposed to contact you before the 10th with instructions. Should we contact the medias in mind beforehand?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 16:51:29 by LightningEagle »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 17:21:50 »
The medias should be contacted the same day as the game is released so they can try it instantly. The reason you got to contact me before is so I can give you a serial code that you can hand out to the medias, as well as a free one that you can use as thanks for this help, and the final date is the 10th so I get the 11th to do other things than respond to Forum PM's, I'll probably be extremely busy the day before and during the release. Everything have to work when the game goes out...

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:06 »
I might be able to get a Tagalog translation for you, but dunno if you need it or even if I can manage quite yet :(

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 18:56:50 »
I'll try to translate it to Czech.

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 10:27:12 »
Had a friend help me correct a few details in my translation (Danish).

The last paragraph should be replaced with this:

Nygren, hvis tidligere projekter inkluderer Within a Deep Forest, Knytt og Knytt Stories, er g?et sammen med den franske komponist og designer Yann van der Cruyssen, der har komponeret en stor del af spillets mere end to timer lange soundtrack. Selvom musikken er komponeret vha. traditionel PC, har alt fra h?ndholdte spillekonsoller til circuit bending og endda kunstv?rker ombygget til instrumenter v?ret med til at skabe lyden i Saira!

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:31 »
I just finsihed translating the press release into Czech.

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 14:50:17 »
Okay... here goes nothing!

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 15:07:47 »
I have to add that later today. When I created my nlited Windows installation I didn't think I'd need full language support so I skipped it. That have proven to be a bad decision several times now. I can get it to work as soon as I've located my Windows XP installation CD.

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 17:55:57 »
Heh... heh heh... I find that somewhat ironic. Not sure why.

I should have gotten it to you sooner. Sorry :<

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 20:20:12 »
Well, it is really my fault, I guess this serves as a punishment for me thinking "hmmm, naah" when the option of including East-Asian language support was presented to me.

Offline LightningEagle

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 22:04:50 »
Wow.. Korean... (right? I think I recognize the characters... and of course "ko" helps a bit too)

This game will go all around the globe, it seems.
This collected effort really deserves to pay off.  >)

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2009, 21:26:48 »
Honestly, I've been only looking for a Knytt Stories level when I mistakly ran into this thread through google. I've seen the game before on IGN or Gamespot if I'm not mistaken, and am really glad to see it coming out!

Well, I just couldn't skip this thread without contributing. Here's a Hebrew translation of the press release.

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2009, 22:34:57 »
Hi Nicklas,

here is the Italian translated press release. Unfortunately, I'm not hooked up with anyone in Italian medias or magazines, so I can't help with the press. And I've already bought the game with an extra serial, so don't worry about that. (Great game, by the way...)

Any other way I can be of help? Please ask!