Level Creation Ideas

• 7 Replies

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
Level Creation Ideas
« on: December 12, 2009, 05:47:33 »
Weeeeell, for a start, after examining the demo's file structure, it appears that the game is completely expandable! And the endings to the current level are quite weird/creepy.

Post your ideas and attempts here!
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
Re: Level Creation Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 13:44:19 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
I'm really looking forward to see what happens when the editor comes out.

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 14:05:11 »
Yes, go create!
 :whoa:

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 21:34:57 »
I'm hoping level editing won't be quite as hard as Nifflas has made it out to be if I just want to make environmental levels without puzzles.  I would LOVE to make environmental levels for this game.  (I haven't even finished what's in the demo yet, but I already love the game.)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 21:38:52 »
^ If you take a look at the files in the directory of the main level, you'll have an idea of what to expect already; as Nifflas said, the level editor is quite easy to use (you'll probably use it to make the map structure, place tiles and objects and little else), but there's a lot of work to be done with text files.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 21:52:17 »
The one thing I think I'll find most intimidating about level editing in Saira is the 11 independently scrolling layers.  I can't imagine how there could possibly be an easy way to manage that, because not only is 11 layers a lot, but they're probably all different sizes, too (otherwise they couldn't scroll at different speeds).
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 22:26:32 »
Well, the editor is up!

Check it out here!

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 23:00:15 »
Thanks for mentioning that here, Nifflas.  I don't always check all those other forums up there, and would have completely missed that it was released!