Poll

HAVE YOU BOUGHT IT?

Ouch, stop shouting... It, what do you mean "it"?! (google Saira)
2 (3.7%)
YES I HAVE! ONE OF DEM!
12 (22.2%)
No, but I will. Just fooling around with the demo, becuase (insert sissy excuse here).
14 (25.9%)
YES I HAVE! TWO OF DEM!
15 (27.8%)
Nope. No indulgences here. I'm Ebenezer Scrooge, btw, nice to meet ya...
1 (1.9%)
I've been fortunate enough to get it from someone! Yay
10 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Bought it, thinking about it or refraining?

• 40 Replies

Offline karooble

• View Profile
    • My art -- I'm a pro and I take commissions!
Re: Bought it, thinking about it or refraining?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 23:09:42 »
You guys are such nice people, it's not often that one finds such solidarity, especially directed towards people who are almost complete strangers. It's actions like those that still give me some faith in the world. :)

You both have my deepest respect. :)

*blushes* Thank you! That means a lot to me. I'd still love it if someone else had an extra code lying around, but otherwise I'll wait until next month when I can fit it into my budget. :)

Something a lot like this happened on the Torchlight forums soon after its release -- a kid was desperate for the game, but his parents refused to purchase it (monetary reasons). One of the users on the forum just bought it for him outright, trusting that it wasn't a scam and not really caring if it was. They didn't even have a "get an extra copy for 85% off" deal -- he just paid the whole amount and sent it to the kid. It was adorable, and deeply heartwarming. The little fellow was overjoyed, too.  C)

Offline Muttroid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 23:27:33 »
You guys are such nice people, it's not often that one finds such solidarity, especially directed towards people who are almost complete strangers. It's actions like those that still give me some faith in the world. :)

You both have my deepest respect. :)

Aw, shucks, t'ain't nothing, sure. :oops: If the people I know aren't cool enough to enjoy a good, atmospheric platform/explorer game, I figure someone should benefit from my purchase, and who better than someone on the forums?

Offline karooble

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 23:30:31 »
Aw, shucks, t'ain't nothing, sure. :oops: If the people I know aren't cool enough to enjoy a good, atmospheric platform/explorer game, I figure someone should benefit from my purchase, and who better than someone on the forums?

True that! Still, I applaud you, and I hope you get cooler friends soon (just hang out here!  X)).

Offline Muttroid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 23:43:29 »
Aha! I knew I should've check my junkmail box! My second code came at the same time as the first (which makes sense, really).

PM being sent to Candlelight!

(I feel like I need a chimney to climb down... XD)

Offline karooble

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 23:45:22 »
(I feel like I need a chimney to climb down... XD)

I've got an extra floppy Santa hat in the closet if you'd like to borrow it!  C)

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 08:13:44 »
to answer the topic, i played the demo the day it was released and then bought the full version the day after (along with an extra code for a friend). this game rocks my socks so hard.

Did you already pick a friend to give the extra code to? If not, I'll be happy to pay you $2 to give it to Candlelight.  C)p

yeah, i already had someone in mind as soon as i read that i could buy an extra code, a very good friend of mine who i know will appreciate it. seems everything worked out for candlelight anyway, which is great to see. :)

Offline Candlelight

• "To light a candle is to cast a shadow..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 23:54:07 »
I feel like telling you about a surprise I received today... I come home after a rather atrocious exam, log in to the forum... and find a PM from Muttroid asking me if I'd like a key for the game.  :whoa: :^^:

I know this forum is special, but I'd never have thought someone'd actually give away a key to a complete stranger... hell, it's not just that we've never met in person, I don't even have 10 posts here..

THANK YOU, everyone..

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 05:05:57 »
Ah! The warm fuzzies that come from this thread are overpowering! Go, Niff Support Squad, Go!  X) You guys rock! I personally will have to wait a bit to get the game, since my AP History grade wasn't so good for the quarter, but when I do get my hands on it I plan on getting a friend code. So if Karooble or someone doesn't get one by then... well, I'll probably have en extra!

Offline Muttroid

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 05:10:26 »
Ah! The warm fuzzies that come from this thread are overpowering! Go, Niff Support Squad, Go!  X) You guys rock! I personally will have to wait a bit to get the game, since my AP History grade wasn't so good for the quarter, but when I do get my hands on it I plan on getting a friend code. So if Karooble or someone doesn't get one by then... well, I'll probably have en extra!

Just so you know, a thread dedicated to goodwill key giving has been created here. Feel free to offer your spare key in that thread when you get one.

Glad I could start a good Samaritan trend here!

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 03:11:36 »
I'm impressed.

This is the right way to treat strangers.
How come you are all so likeable on this forum?
Is it something about Nifflas type of games (which is stemming out of his personality) that pull nice people together?
I'm starting to guess it is...

Offline karooble

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 06:35:40 »
Is it something about Nifflas type of games (which is stemming out of his personality) that pull nice people together?
I'm starting to guess it is...

I think so -- his games focus so much more on peaceful ways to address dangerous situations than basically any other games I've played. Take Knytt Stories and Saira: sure, you encounter dangerous enemies, laser beams, etc. But you never destroy them with guns or bombs; there are no zombies, no blood-and-guts. Instead, you use your mind and your agility to outmaneuver these dangers. The resulting game attracts, I would guess, a much more peace-loving audience; we're not the people who spend our days playing Counterstrike and shouting obscenities into headset mics. ;)