Poll

HAVE YOU BOUGHT IT?

Ouch, stop shouting... It, what do you mean "it"?! (google Saira)
2 (3.7%)
YES I HAVE! ONE OF DEM!
12 (22.2%)
No, but I will. Just fooling around with the demo, becuase (insert sissy excuse here).
14 (25.9%)
YES I HAVE! TWO OF DEM!
15 (27.8%)
Nope. No indulgences here. I'm Ebenezer Scrooge, btw, nice to meet ya...
1 (1.9%)
I've been fortunate enough to get it from someone! Yay
10 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Bought it, thinking about it or refraining?

• 40 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Bought it, thinking about it or refraining?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 13:52:11 »
My sissy excuse is that I have no way to get the money to Nifflas, 'cause I'm too young to have a paypal account. I'd gladly pay the 17 bucks for the game, but I guess it'll have to wait.
Can't you arrange something with your parents? Like that they keep it from your allowance? Or perhaps get the game for Christmas? :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Candlelight

• "To light a candle is to cast a shadow..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 14:23:48 »
My sissy excuse is that I have no way to get the money to Nifflas, 'cause I'm too young to have a paypal account. I'd gladly pay the 17 bucks for the game, but I guess it'll have to wait.
Can't you arrange something with your parents? Like that they keep it from your allowance? Or perhaps get the game for Christmas? :)
Well, I tried already, but no luck... My parents (and family) are completely computer illiterate, they're the kind that believe that paying through the Internet will get them scammed and lose all the money in their bank account.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 15:24:36 »
Really? They don't even trust PayPal?
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline charity236

• Om nom nom, leaves
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 16:02:41 »
I bought it! Getting Paypal was a good decision :D

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 16:28:29 »
Hey, charity, your name seems awfully familiar, but...
Also why do I think of Niffchat now all of a sudden.

Offline Candlelight

• "To light a candle is to cast a shadow..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 19:49:02 »

Well they didn't even know what it is, and they googled it and happened to find this page: http://www.paypalsucks.com/, so, long story short, I can't really say they trust it :/

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 21:48:44 »
Wow, and I thought my parents were noobs...
There is complaint- and hate sites of everything, but don't take them seriously because... well they are trying to brainwash you.
Good, though extreme, example: http://www.godhatestheworld.com

Offline karooble

• View Profile
    • My art -- I'm a pro and I take commissions!
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 21:54:23 »
Wow, LimeLemon, I've never seen a better example of Poe's Law. If they're serious, that site is terrible, but if they're trolling, it's fantastic<3

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 22:06:15 »

Well they didn't even know what it is, and they googled it and happened to find this page: http://www.paypalsucks.com/, so, long story short, I can't really say they trust it :/

that is very unlucky for you. :(

to answer the topic, i played the demo the day it was released and then bought the full version the day after (along with an extra code for a friend). this game rocks my socks so hard.

Offline karooble

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 22:10:35 »
to answer the topic, i played the demo the day it was released and then bought the full version the day after (along with an extra code for a friend). this game rocks my socks so hard.

Did you already pick a friend to give the extra code to? If not, I'll be happy to pay you $2 to give it to Candlelight.  C)p

Offline Muttroid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 22:45:53 »
Bought and finished. That was a nice afternoon treat for myself after finishing my last exam! I'd already voted for "playing the demo and buying afterwards," however. There's a good chance that that survey will get pretty inaccurate pretty quickly as people buy it.

Did you already pick a friend to give the extra code to? If not, I'll be happy to pay you $2 to give it to Candlelight.  C)p

Did someone already give you their code, karooble? I picked up the extra code without really having anyone to give it to (none of my friends would appreciate this game), I just figured I might as well for an extra two bucks. It's up for grabs if anyone wants it, free of charge!

Just as soon as that second email arrives, that is...

Offline karooble

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 22:49:51 »
Did someone already give you their code, karooble? I picked up the extra code without really having anyone to give it to (none of my friends would appreciate this game), I just figured I might as well for an extra two bucks. It's up for grabs if anyone wants it, free of charge!

Just as soon as that second email arrives, that is...

No, I haven't found anyone with an extra code yet. But I'm more likely to be able to buy the game than Candlelight is, so I think they deserve it more for now. :) I'd love to play the full game soon (I've played through the demo twice already), but I can wait if I must.  :^^: Candlelight should have it!

Offline Muttroid

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 22:58:21 »
No, I haven't found anyone with an extra code yet. But I'm more likely to be able to buy the game than Candlelight is, so I think they deserve it more for now. :) I'd love to play the full game soon (I've played through the demo twice already), but I can wait if I must.  :^^: Candlelight should have it!

Works for me! Still no followup email, though, so whoever gets it will still have to wait until it comes.

Until then, I think I'll go scan through the Secrets thread to make sure I found everything...  8D

Offline karooble

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 23:01:19 »

Works for me! Still no followup email, though, so whoever gets it will still have to wait until it comes.

Until then, I think I'll go scan through the Secrets thread to make sure I found everything...  8D

Maybe you should send her a PM to let her(him?) know -- she's going to be overjoyed! :D I'm touched by how sweet people on this forum are. You've just made someone's Christmas, Muttroid. <3

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 23:05:29 »
You guys are such nice people, it's not often that one finds such solidarity, especially directed towards people who are almost complete strangers. It's actions like those that still give me some faith in the world. :)

You both have my deepest respect. :)