All our Reasons to buy Saira!

• 22 Replies

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
All our Reasons to buy Saira!
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:58:55 »
Heya people!

1. It's a great game, and without purchasing you can't go everywhere, do everything, discover all of it...!

2. You want Nifflas to like you even more!

3. You have too much money on your credit card, it's too heavy in your purse!

4. You havn't splurged for several hours now!

5. Well, the season is the reason!
It's a great gift for christmas, with which you in a cordial way tell your friends
"I'm waaay more intelligent than you, blockhead, I give you this game just to make this clear,
 I will beat you at unraveling it's mysteries in NO TIME!
Yes thats the menu, wan't me to help you start it?"

Tell me your reasons!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:13:44 by Beomene »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: All our Reasons to buy Saira!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:08:07 »
1) It's pretty!

2) It has some funky menu music.

3) Nifflas is just plain deserving, and £10/$17 is nothing for a game this awesome.

4) You get to give someone a nice gift of an awesome game for $2 or so.

There are more, but they've gone missing..

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 04:31:09 »
Can I wish for unlimited wishes? No? Aww, well... I'll use my first wish on some cake!

Also, another reason is that, in true Nifflas style, it's so serene, and relaxing, even when
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
that you could almost fall asleep playing it. That is, if it wasn't so gripping at the same time.

Anyway, it's 3:30am, and I'm up early tomorrow. Sleepy time for me!

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 04:31:52 »
Okay, I bought the game. :D
I think the biggest reason is to support Nifflas with future game development. Just by playing the first few levels, I can see how much effort he has put in to creating it, and it just makes me happy to know that the money that I am giving him will help him create other great games in the future.
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 04:36:21 »
I think the biggest reason is to support Nifflas with future game development. Just by playing the first few levels, I can see how much effort he has put in to creating it, and it just makes me happy to know that the money that I am giving him will help him create other great games in the future.
This.

My feelings exactly.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 04:38:39 »
Yep, you two did! (help him create more)

In, combined, 34 ways... ^_ ^
I will start stalking (oh, yes, becuase I really havn't up until now!) Nifflas and capture on camera how happy he gets when you are this considerate.

Or...
Well...

We are though facing the problem of Nifflas actually not soaking praise the way he should.
Sorry to tell on you Nifflas, but
in order not to get too saddened by flamers, I think he tries not to get too happy when complimented.
That's a shame!
And it's quite common, to shut off in that way.

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 04:41:32 »
Can I wish for unlimited wishes? No? Aww, well... I'll use my first wish on some cake!

Also, another reason is that, in true Nifflas style, it's so serene, and relaxing, even when
that you could almost fall asleep playing it. That is, if it wasn't so gripping at the same time.

Anyway, it's 3:30am, and I'm up early tomorrow. Sleepy time for me!

((This post was motivated by me granting Alan three wishes. I deleted that post and went back on my word, though, niihihi! *evil giggle*))

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 04:49:44 »

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 05:06:31 »

Wow.
how far are you people getting?! Slow down. *grumble* I got stuck somewhere after Mozo... *sulk*

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 05:56:19 »
My reason:

The challenge of making a custom level. That's it.

Oh, and it's finally nice to get an extra excuse to give Nifflas money, even if its only 17$.
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 09:18:08 »
1) Because Nifflas games are awesome
2) Because if you've played the demo you'll know it's awesome
3) Because Nifflas put a lot of work into it.
4) Because I haven't played it yet, so if you don't want to be a knytt in a pineapple suit, you'll buy it.
5) Because Beomene looks like she'll go off the deep end if you don't.
6) Because of all the great graphics
7) Because Nifflas made it
8) It's the only Nifflas game to begin with 's,' the most common starting letter in English.
Lurk more.

Offline dvit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 10:43:26 »
All the reasons that
have been said, mainly because
it's made by Nifflas

And it might be a
good game too ...uhh... nanana
nanananana

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 14:07:50 »
1) Because Nifflas games are awesome
2) Because if you've played the demo you'll know it's awesome
3) Because Nifflas put a lot of work into it.
4) Because I haven't played it yet, so if you don't want to be a knytt in a pineapple suit, you'll buy it.
5) Because Beomene looks like she'll go off the deep end if you don't.
6) Because of all the great graphics
7) Because Nifflas made it
8) It's the only Nifflas game to begin with 's,' the most common starting letter in English.

Yes! It's right!
I really will!
If you don't!

Offline Beomene

• View Profile
Things is wish Nifflas would read and trust!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 03:13:18 »
Saira är ett vackert lågmält spel med tung atmosfär, en fortsättning på en redan spännande spelkatalog från en ärlig spelskapare. En utmaning man inte bör missa.

http://www.blogemup.se/?p=4830

Within a Deep Forest. Knytt. Knytt Stories. Three fantastic exploration platformer type games by Nifflas. Perhaps some of my favorite games. They're also freeware. To my surprised, Nifflas released a new game just a few days ago called Saira. I haven't played much of it yet, but what I've played so far has been quite good. One thing that differentiates Saira from his previous titles is that it's being sold for $17. I have no issue with that as Nifflas is die fick-zauberer.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/extreme-blogging-nifflas-roomba-delicious-actually-panties/378277/

by stephen1980 - 12/12/2009 - 10:10pm

It is. This game is amazing!
http://www.gamebuilder.info/world/node/640

Previously teased as "Project Q", Nygren's latest 2D platform game is heavily influenced by classic puzzle adventure games and uses a new unique graphical style combining high resolution photography into a lush and mysterious world. Developed almost as much in the outdoors as indoors, Saira relies heavily on recreating a beautiful universe with up to 11 layers of high definition parallax scrolling in a world that only Nicklas could create.

http://ebook30.com/games/games/158525/saira-v1.0-by-nifflas-games.html

I'm really liking this one, the graphical style is great-- I like that he decided to diverge from the pixel style. Pixel graphics are great, but there are plenty of other styles to be explored and I love to see something new.
Posted by: Beefsurgeon

I thought that it was really beautiful to see trees wave in the wind and to see the world move in the background and foreground as you travel. I thought it was good that a single screen is no longer limited to the size of a single screen and that you see more of the current area as you explore.

I thought the puzzles were great. The platforming was fun and fluid. It seems like the only logical direction to go after Knytt Stories.
Posted by: allen

I played the demo for a half hour or so earlier today, and I don't know why people are having such negative reactions towards it.
I absolutely love Knytt and Knytt Stories and just about all of Niffla's games. This game was no exception. I was having a lot of fun playing it and have every intention of purchasing it.
Posted by: coreymill

A new nifflas game? Bought it at once.
Posted by: Captain_Duck |

Nifflas never dissapoints. A great exploration game.
Posted by: Dusan Vlahovic

A new Nifflas game? Excellent.
Posted by: Gregory Weir |

Shit, jag blev rätt hypad här. Vill dock höra lite recensioner och så om spelet innan jag skaffar det själv. Ser bra mysigt ut dock. (Som alltid när det gäller Nifflas spel) - Lobban

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 17:56:37 »
Most important reason for me to buy this game would be:

- Nifflas made it, so it must be good.

After that:
- It has great graphics, which is nice for a change. Adds to the atmosphere.
- Great concept in movement, giving it almost ninja-like movement. I always like that in games.
- Big variety in puzzles. You'll be assured that throughout the game you'll never play the same kind of puzzles over and over again.

Only downside would be that one environment isn't being reused all the time, which would happen in WaDF or even Knytt Stories. Not that this is a bad thing, its just something I always enjoyed in his games; clever usage of the level.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex