[exploration/puzzle/strategy] Malayalam

• 10 Replies

Offline FlyingPigBoy

• Lord of the Swine
    • View Profile
[exploration/puzzle/strategy] Malayalam
« on: December 15, 2009, 04:08:45 »
Malayalam: Island of Mysteries is a super fun game where you are trapped on a desert island. This may sound cliche, but trust me when I say that this is no ordinary island. You must escape mysterious creatures, complete quests, fix machinery, and ultimately find a way to escape.

http://www.create-games.com/downout.asp?id=7441

Spoiler: screenies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thanks Saml! (click to show/hide)
My stars:
(embarrassingly empty)

Offline Vinnie

• View Profile
Re: [exploration/puzzle/strategy] Malayalam
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 21:20:28 »
Sounds like a good game. I'll try it. (I hope it's not a horror game with screamers.)

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 21:31:58 »
No. It's some kind of boring survival game where you can't do anything because you have to eat and drink all the time because the time goes super fast and if you don't check your status 24/7 you will die and ragequit because you probably haven't saved in a while.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Vinnie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 22:44:00 »
No. It's some kind of boring survival game where you can't do anything because you have to eat and drink all the time because the time goes super fast and if you don't check your status 24/7 you will die and ragequit because you probably haven't saved in a while.
I hate games with hunger/thirst system.  :moody:

Offline FlyingPigBoy

• Lord of the Swine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 02:32:18 »

I appreciate your input, but did you really play the game?

My stars:
(embarrassingly empty)

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 02:37:10 »
The control is absolutely horrible in general.  It takes forever to do something as simple as get a few logs.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 15:55:55 »

I appreciate your input, but did you really play the game?
Yes I have. But I was exaggerating if you didn't get it.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Hempuli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 13:01:53 »
The user interface and gameplay is very awkward, and the areas feel really empty - what's with huge plains with nothing but stuff lying on the ground and a couple trees? The game and especially the idea sure has potential but this doesn't quite nail it.

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 07:07:10 »
WARNING: AUTHOR IN EXTREMELY CYNICAL/IDIOTIC POST-HOLIDAY DELIRIUM!!!

*hempuli walks up to grand canyon* Hempuli:"What's with the big hole in the ground?"

Seriously, people. This game is ABOUT the places like that and the quirks of control. It's a survival game. Not WoW.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline FlyingPigBoy

• Lord of the Swine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 07:51:59 »
WARNING: AUTHOR IN EXTREMELY CYNICAL/IDIOTIC POST-HOLIDAY DELIRIUM!!!

*hempuli walks up to grand canyon* Hempuli:"What's with the big hole in the ground?"

Seriously, people. This game is ABOUT the places like that and the quirks of control. It's a survival game. Not WoW.

Well, I'll admit that the actions such as chopping wood are downright horrible. But I agree with you, I think people are either missing the point or not bothering to play past the first time they die because they are lazy.

My stars:
(embarrassingly empty)

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 01:45:18 »
Well, nice game, but as said previously the controls are horrible. I guess the whole interface should be redone be ergonomists.