[Challenge/Misc] Boot Stamping On A Knytt Face Forever (New Team Member 6/30/09)

• 228 Replies
Re: [Challenge] Boot Stamping On A Knytt Face Forever
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 06:49:49 »
The horizon doesn't set at a specific height. It varies by what screen on the X-axis you are on. The higher up the hillside you go the lower the horizon gets, the smaller the path size gets, and eventually the horizon disappears.

shouldn't the higher up you get, the more horizon you see? X)

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge] Boot Stamping On A Knytt Face Forever
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 06:56:05 »
The horizon doesn't set at a specific height. It varies by what screen on the X-axis you are on. The higher up the hillside you go the lower the horizon gets, the smaller the path size gets, and eventually the horizon disappears.

shouldn't the higher up you get, the more horizon you see? X)

I thought the same, but the way I tested it, it seem fine, though I originally meant the way you mentioned, and also, I meant Y-axis, not X. lol
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Re: [Challenge] Boot Stamping On A Knytt Face Forever (New, 3/29/09)
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2009, 06:57:32 »
There'd only be more horizon if you looked further down as you went up.
Lurk more.

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2009, 07:03:26 »
There'd only be more horizon if you looked further down as you went up.

Well, the way I figured is that the higher up a tree you see, the more off in the background I see, so the lower I got, the more the stuff in between that background would be in the way. This way, the farther up I went, the more earth I could see beneath me. The only problem is, idk what it's like to like earth via spacecraft, so how I make the horizon disappear boggles my mind...
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 07:07:20 »
If you're staring off in the same direction as you ascend, you'll see less and less ground in front of you. (Which is the way KS functions) As you go higher, you can see more ground, but you have to be faceing more downwards to see it.
Lurk more.

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14:04 »
If you're staring off in the same direction as you ascend, you'll see less and less ground in front of you. (Which is the way KS functions) As you go higher, you can see more ground, but you have to be faceing more downwards to see it.

True...

The area in question is on a hill.

I guess as you climb higher the wider perspective will show more ground as you said, but then after I certain height the horizon point will start slowly disappearing like it did as you climbed down...

- George Orwell

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 06:29:34 »
show more screens  :)

As you wish. ;)

I have released three, which can be found in the Screenshots section.
Now, Lake Thunderbird isn't anywhere finished, I just wanted to show off what I had there, and rest assured the reflection work isn't finished, what you see is just what I started a while back, with a touch of up to date work on my part. I plan to add a dock so you can walk out onto the lake, and later on actually take a boat across it. Perspective is slowly becoming a BIG thing in this level, and anyone who has been following this topic since the old forum, and has a good memory/sense of comparison will notice something that will make them smile. For anyone who says the horizon sets high, remember, the horizon's position actually moves in relation to the screens on the Y-Axis, so it's supposed to set there. Above all, things can, and may change. I'm not going to promise that the screens you see are going to look exactly alike, or even exist in the final product. It's like building a house, if something isn't working right, do what it takes to fix it without causing structural problems for the entire creation. With all that said, you may marvel upon the candy I lay before you, and feedback on how things are looking is always appreciated and encouraged.
:D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:10:43 by JC Grim the 'crete reaper »

- George Orwell

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: [Challenge] Boot Stamping On A Knytt Face Forever (New, 4/05/09)
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 07:23:35 »
The second screenshot is made of win.
good bye

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2009, 10:31:59 »
Well I'm not sure if I commented on this in the old forum, but I feel the urge now.

My first thought is, "This'll never get finished. It's too ambitious for just one person to do. There's just too much stuff - too many ideas in one level." Ever the pessimist.

Then again, I had to remind myself of things like Black Mesa Source (anyone play HL2?) which has been in development for such a long time, but is actually nearing release now. Hopefully the same will be the case for this. Long development times are worth the wait if the game delivers. And, JC this is sounding (and looking) like it will deliver. With the amount of excellent ideas in it, there's no way this will fail once it's released.

Offline AmADizii

• From The Black Comes Rays Of Hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 21:31:30 »
Nice screenshots.
They look so unique.
It's really cool.
And a grocery store!!
Just make sure they sell scottish food.
:P
TeamWork - Gives The Enemy More People To Shoot At.

- Unknown.

Offline koromi

• ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    • View Profile
    • livejournal
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2009, 08:48:23 »
to be honest, i'm looking forward to this more than night game.

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2009, 10:15:10 »
Just make sure they sell scottish food.
:P
Sweedish food. :nuts:
Lurk more.

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 12:50:59 »
Oh god no. Not swedish food. I'm beyond tired of that.
Maybe becuase I live there.
-place holder-

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2009, 01:43:16 »
The grocery store looks like its paper.

Make it a little more 3d please!