[Challenge/Misc] Boot Stamping On A Knytt Face Forever (New Team Member 6/30/09)

• 228 Replies

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
Wow! will you seriously use all data slots? That would take forever or end up bad or unfinished.

More along the lines of forever...
I've been working on this level since November of last year... so it's birthday isn't too far off.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
JCGrim, I present you with my Seal of Approval.

Because this looks awesmoe.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

• View Profile
JCGrim, I present you with my Seal of Approval.

Because this looks awesmoe.

Why thank you sir.  :^^:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline hjyx01

• View Profile
Oh,this seems to be a huge project and I can't wait for playing it ;)

come on you guys, nice job!

• View Profile
Oh,this seems to be a huge project and I can't wait for playing it ;)

come on you guys, nice job!

Thanks.
I actually have something I need to give to all my team members... I haven't gotten around them that yet. It will help make communicating about BSoaKFF easier...

- George Orwell

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind making a track for this unbelievably ambitious project. PM me if there's something in particular you'd like me to do. :)
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
OK, I'm guessing if you're using all of the audio slots you'll need at least as many people on the audio team as on the graphics team, so if there are spaces open then count me in.
I have far more experience with music than with sound effects but if you need a sound effect then I'll give it a go.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

• View Profile
It stands that Im on the beta testers team but I dont have the beta-version.

My apologies Elder... things are really hectic for me at the moment...
I'll fix it in a little while.

- George Orwell

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
http://antome.newgrounds.com/audio/
here's some of my music form when I had the software.

some of it's terrible, some of it's mediocore.

Credit me if you do use it XD, but you should also, y'know, link to it.

but in any case, just try me for gradients. I can do some really good ones.

and I'm also quite good when it comes to CO's.

[/self promotion]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 08:29:39 by inky84 »

• View Profile
OK, I'm guessing if you're using all of the audio slots you'll need at least as many people on the audio team as on the graphics team, so if there are spaces open then count me in.
I have far more experience with music than with sound effects but if you need a sound effect then I'll give it a go.

Everything you've actually seen in screenshots so far has been made by me, with the exception of Julia's house interior (Through the windows), which was made by B-Man. Most of the tilesets will actually be made by me, because I can see exactly what I want when it comes to the level, and I have the skills to make it. The graphical production team exists for when I need something that I haven't specifically drawn out in my head. For instance, house interiors, and etc.

I don't really know if I require more members on the audio production team, but I am willing to take an audition track you've made, and if I really like it, then I will most likely include you. You can send me whatever you want, but I happen to be looking for acoustical sounding, Animal Crossing-ish tunes, so you may want to familiar yourself with that game's soundtrack if you have never heard it before.

http://antome.newgrounds.com/audio/
here's some of my music form when I had the software.

some of it's terrible, some of it's mediocore.

Credit me if you do use it XD, but you should also, y'know, link to it.

but in any case, just try me for gradients. I can do some really good ones.

and I'm also quite good when it comes to CO's.

[/self promotion]

Well, Comin 'Ome almost caught my attention until the techno sifted in...
If you'd like to audition for the graphical production team, your more then welcome to send me some samples of your work. I'm open to help.

Now onto the bigger news... as much as I hate to say it, I'm taking a break from working on BSoaKFF. I have for awhile now... but I hadn't announced anything. It's not that it's too overwhelming for me to continue... I just... well... I'm having relationship issues at the moment. Aside from other things happening to me in my life, the situation is just too distracted for me to stay focused on BSoaKFF progression. Actually, I'm too distracted to stay focused on anything... even everyday life... :(

Don't worry, once everything works out (hopefully) I'll get back on track.

- George Orwell

Offline BlackM.1

• View Profile
Well I'm sorry to hear that JC, after what seems like ages, I cant believe youre still working on it. Seemed like a pretty big job a long time ago, glad to see your still on it

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that, as well... if you really need to, you can abandon the project. We'll understand. Besides, if you do... don't worry! It'd be finished eventually by the team I bet. So, do what you need to do. We've got your back.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

• View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that, as well... if you really need to, you can abandon the project. We'll understand. Besides, if you do... don't worry! It'd be finished eventually by the team I bet. So, do what you need to do. We've got your back.

I have no intent on abandoning it.
The team doesn't work on the level. I'm the only one doing actual level creation, so if I stop working on it, it's done for.

People misunderstand the production team.

See, I need a little help here and there, but this level is my pride and joy of KS. All of the creation of BSoaKFF is being done by me. Almost all of the tilesets (By it's completion I would say 7/8 of them) will be created by me. The production's team is mainly for beta testing. The reason that I changed it from Beta testers to production team is because some of the testers were helping create occasional things while I was busy doing other things for the level. I felt just calling them beta testers were underselling them, so I changed it to production team. this isn't like Gaia, where people are creating sections of the level. It's all coming from one individual mind. The graphical production team is there because when I can't get the inspiration to make a certain graphic, they can. The musical production team is there for when I can't find a certain style of music I have in my head for a certain section. I may not even need the production team's help at all anymore and could finish it all by myself, it just depends on how things are working out for me.

- George Orwell

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
heres a co audition

height=24
width=144

[mod]Moved the image from attachment to a clickable thumbnail link, to prevent insanely stretching the page.[/mod]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:12:57 by J »