[Challenge/Misc] Boot Stamping On A Knytt Face Forever (New Team Member 6/30/09)

• 228 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that, as well... if you really need to, you can abandon the project. We'll understand. Besides, if you do... don't worry! It'd be finished eventually by the team I bet. So, do what you need to do. We've got your back.

I have no intent on abandoning it.
The team doesn't work on the level. I'm the only one doing actual level creation, so if I stop working on it, it's done for.

People misunderstand the production team.

See, I need a little help here and there, but this level is my pride and joy of KS. All of the creation of BSoaKFF is being done by me. Almost all of the tilesets (By it's completion I would say 7/8 of them) will be created by me. The production's team is mainly for beta testing. The reason that I changed it from Beta testers to production team is because some of the testers were helping create occasional things while I was busy doing other things for the level. I felt just calling them beta testers were underselling them, so I changed it to production team. this isn't like Gaia, where people are creating sections of the level. It's all coming from one individual mind. The graphical production team is there because when I can't get the inspiration to make a certain graphic, they can. The musical production team is there for when I can't find a certain style of music I have in my head for a certain section. I may not even need the production team's help at all anymore and could finish it all by myself, it just depends on how things are working out for me.

Well, I'm really glad to hear you don't plan to abandon it, then... sorry if it came out the wrong way...

@Inky... mind making that a spoiler? It really stretches the page... I thought something was wrong at first (there was no visible text except for "heres a co audition"...), till I noticed the huge scroll bar...
(I hope this isn't counted as backseat moderating... just seemed like something that REALLY needed to be fixed to make it easier to read...)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:13:39 by Bored2death »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

@inky: I don't mean to sound rude, but 2 things:

1. It's "Tile width= __" and "Tile height= __" Plus, you need "Init animspeed=__" and "image=__" as well.

2. Have you ever heard about the concept of multiple rows?
Lurk more.

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
@inky: I don't mean to sound rude, but 2 things:

1. It's "Tile width= __" and "Tile height= __" Plus, you need "Init animspeed=__" and "image=__" as well.

2. Have you ever heard about the concept of multiple rows?
1:
heres a co audition

height=24
width=144

animspeed, around 200 I suppose, experiment, with this new image:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
animto: 100
image_: I have no right to choose your numbers
2: I find such is pointless

@bored2death:
spoiler an attachment?
how about I remove it, and you leave yourself with this new image, in which I spent more time uploading it to a third party due to slow internet. I am also tired, and my tolerance is at a low. a very low low. So I am close to being well offended.

good night.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Sorry, I did not mean to offend you... the animation really rocks and I can see the time you put into it. I guess my tolerance is a little low right now, too, and I am kind of stressed out, so it came out more severely than intended. Thanks for changing it, though.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
that's okay, it's not late or on schedule no more, and I realize that my new image contains pure black (just those annoying slips ._.), so here's a new NEW one.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
and once again, I personally ain't a fan of using or making rows, its just not my cup of tea. It involves more text writing and more time wasting, copying the image set into the new rows.

Oh, and I could also make the player turn the wheelbarrow around and go the other way, rather than just pause at the end. But that would take more time
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:20:16 by inky84 »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Y'know, its pretty hard to see that image. Right clicking doesn't work for some reason, so I had to quote you and copy paste the url.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb42/antome/wheelbarrow-1.png
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
if I must use rows, so be it, but It will be kind of time consuming.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
I just thought I'd drop a little update to everyone since I haven't spoken much about the level.

I'm trying to keep everything relatively secret... even to the point of finding a special way of communicating with my team members...

I have been working rather efficiently in reference to the goals I set to myself... I don't always get a large amount, but I generally leave my daily goal somewhat lax so that my BSoaKFF work can fluctuate around my sometimes busy and time consuming schedule.

Plus, any support from the team seems to help motivate me, and I'm sure you, as a user, can help motivate me a little yourself. Dropping me a line and showing your interest, or just keeping a general buzz about BSoaKFF really helps support my determination... so in a sense, everyone can help get BSoaKFF done faster by keeping my spirits up. 
;)

BSoaKFF's future is looking brighter than ever... and it's always shined. :)
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
How's the project coming along?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
When the F@#% will we get to test the level?

With such attitude, never.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
How's the project coming along?

Well, it hadn't been coming at all. I didn't even have time or the will to update the creation log...
Then things fell apart, and came back together, and I recently started working again. Thanks to Xoft's newest update to KSLC, the overall completion of the BSoaKFF is a million times more feasibly possible, and Looki's newest addition to his Level Editor makes the overall aesthetics much, much simpler due to the lack of time spent rendering the objects by previewing the level, and the built-in script viewer/editor.

When given a choice, the team members that cared to voice their opinions said they would prefer to wait the extra time to see the house interiors, instead of just the town itself. I could post a version right now, as I have done much since the initial preview, but I'm waiting until I have added in all the interiors, and have completed the exteriors of the town...
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
I personally think you shouldn't release a beta to the forum, it'd be better kept a secret :shifty:

(Im on the inside i would know)

I was going to say more but its hard not to leak info XD

glad to hear your back up there JC :P2

Doesn't matter. You're breaking the forum rules. Also, if you begin to pester, JC may feel more hesitant to comply.
Lurk more.