2 newbie questions

• 6 Replies
2 newbie questions
« on: December 09, 2009, 22:18:36 »
Greetings, Knyttsters!

I've been working on my first Knytt Stories level, and I have a couple questions.

1.  How do I make ghost bricks?  I found them in the item menu, I put them on the screen and I place the eyeball down, but when I test it out, the bricks still don't show up.   What else do I need to do?

2.  What exactly is that item in the powerup list that looks like either a deli scale or a detonator?  What's it for?

Thanks!   

-Meow Tse Tongue

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
Re: 2 newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 22:35:39 »
Ghost bricks won't appear as soon as you pick up the Eye.  You have to leave the room and come back before they show up.  For that reason, you shouldn't put Ghost stuff in the room with the Eye.
Also, make sure you're using the right object.  Bank 12, Object 5 is what you want.

The thing that looks like a scale is called the Detector.  It makes the player glow red when enemies are near.  You can also make the player glow green in certain areas if they have the Detector; just place Detect Target objects (Bank 0, objects 26-28).
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 22:43:02 »
Thanks, Exp HP.   Now I can finish up Palin's Quest - you betcha!

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 02:30:13 »
Palin's Quest?
This has gotta be good.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 21:38:44 »
SPOILER ALERT!

It's kind of a trick game, to officially win, you're supposed to quit halfway through.    ;)

Should be done by Xmas, I've got the layout complete, but I still need to put together some sound clips.

it's gonna be along the lines of "don't eat the mushroom" or "capitalism:  an interactive loss of will to live"
though maybe not quite as funny, but I'll try.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 03:48:38 »
sorry for the bump, but is it gonna be about sarah palin? :0

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 16:04:15 »
You guys will never stop with the Sarah Palin stuff, will you? 9_9

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!