Knytt now available as standalone software for Mac OS X

• 4 Replies
Knytt now available as standalone software for Mac OS X
« on: December 09, 2009, 18:37:26 »
Hi there !

I'm a regular user of WineBottler which allow to use Wine on Mac OS X.

WineBottler allows you to create a package with your Windows application inside, some configurations files and if wanted the whole Wine app so that the package can be shared with people that doesn't Wine installed on their Mac.

As you guessed, I'm not a programmer or a computer genius. I just used a simple tools, clicked some buttons and here's a quick and dirty port of Knytt for Mac OS X.

The Knytt.app weight over 244Mo, it's because the whole Wine application is bundled inside it. Since Knyt doesn't use all the features of Wine, it can surely manually shrinked down.
However the application runs fully on Snow Leopard (w/ 64bit core activated). Only the fullscreen does not work (it'll simply hides the menu bar).

Remember, this app is for Intel Macs ONLY.

I won't support the package I made since I'm not a developper or whatever you call it, and since everyone can do it's own package with WineBottler.
I've named it "Knytt OSX 0.1".

However, it would be great to have feedbacks of people running other hardware than my Unibody MacBook Pro (3.06Ghz Core2Duo, 4Go RAM, Nvidia 9600M // other hardware is not interesting) and other Software than Mac OS 10.6 64bits.

I've compressed the package with 7zip, it now weight "only" 55Mo.
You can download it now HERE

Cheers :)

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
Re: Knytt now available as standalone software for Mac OS X
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 03:08:02 »
and now we just need ks to be native to linux without downloading a few dlls  :ohnoes:

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 00:54:42 »
DAMN FRAKING INTEL! (please excuse this outburst.)

It's great to see someone making this kinda stuff, but it is sure as damn annoying when it only works on intel processors. I'm not blaming anyone, but sometimes I wish that some companies would release a fully functioning program for PowerPCS! (i'm looking at YOU DarWine)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Zissou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 14:48:39 »
You can download it now HERE

Cheers :)

Hmm. That link works no longer. Too bad. Is there another source for the mac port of Knytt?