[Work In Progress] - Almost Human

• 4 Replies

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
[Work In Progress] - Almost Human
« on: March 08, 2009, 21:04:17 »
Okay, so I know I haven't updated in a while, and I still haven't, but!  I will, I'm just working on other more important stuff right now!  XD 

Introduction:

Many things can happen to a person to change the way he or she lives, but the way it changes is up to the person that's doing the changing.  One may see a good thing as a bad thing, or vice versa, causing things to become askew and change a variety of fates in the universe.  No one really knows how things work or how their actions can effect everyone, but, as you may have guessed, the entities above and below know everything and try their best to get their way.  The battle between good and evil has always existed but has just begun.

Chapter One:  Heaven? Hell? Earth?

"The Earth isn't as it seems," I began,  "Its what dreams are made of," I paused, but only for a second, "at least for us.  The Earth-Dwellers are lucky and don't even know it, how pitiful all of them are!" I was getting angry, but with who to tell it to?  Yes, who?  Who could I trust, was there anyone, anything?  "If I could have one chance to be there, and by there I mean in the same realm as them, I'd show them how to actually live their lives to the fullest, I'd show them, I'd show 'em all." I clenched my fist in desperation, trying to grab my freedom.  "But, alas, I'm stuck here, a prisoner by creation."  I imagine my cell is Earth frequently, I know He knows, but I know something He doesn't know, something only I know, something that will get me out of here.  I've just got to find the right...people...for the job.

I decided to step out of my cell to get some fresh "air" and to think about who I could trust in this unworldly place.  Everything is just so bright here, so vibrant, so loving, caring...easy.  I want a challenge, I want something to strive for.  Alas, I come to the conclusion, my only friend is the pet I keep in my cage, the pet I refer to isn't a pet per say, but...a window...friend of sorts..."But who exactly is he?"  I asked myself, "Ah!  Yes!  A valid question!" I began to answer myself, slowly becoming aware of my sanity dwindling down.  I shake my head and begin to question how sane I really am, I begin to question why, who, what, where...how...yes...how...that was the only question that mattered, the only one that rang in my slowly decaying mind...How...

I was back in my hole now, waiting for an answer to my previous question, when out of nowhere, it appeared to me!  The answer was so clear!  It rang throughout my soul, tearing at my heart!  The answer was to be found in Hell, the only place an Angel like me could go.  "But dare I turn my back on Him?  Dare I defy all that I should believe in just to become a mere mortal?"  My window friend nodded his head and grinned an unsound smile.  I clenched my fist and crashed it down onto the table in front of me, "Never shall I let myself be jailed again!  Never will I let myself be confined to eternity in a padded cell!  Never shall I forget my dream!  My will shows through and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"  and before I could utter another word, my whole world faded to black as I felt a tearing pain in my back...What is done...is done...

There is a windshield in my heart, and everyone around me are bugs so smeared and scarred upon it, their death being my sustenance.  All I wanted was death, all I needed was death, all I ever planned was...death.  It was indeed a happy "lifestyle" if you will.  It wasn't until he showed up that my plans had come together...

I awoke in an unknown place, chained and seemingly forgotten.  All I could feel was sorrow and an unknown pain, a pain that ached inside, a pain so incredible...that I began chuckling to myself.  I was a fallen angel now, I had turned my back upon Him and there was no turning back, I had to find a way out of this predicament, but first I needed a plan for several reasons, one being that I was chained and another being i was in Hell, nowhere near my destination of being human...I was now nothing more than a Fallen Angel, a demon, if you will.  It was now time to contemplate my next move, for all I knew, It was drawing nearer with every thought...closer....with every ache...

I was on my way, my freedom to be had!  Nothing was going to stop me, no angel, no demon, no God...But It...It was another story....I sighed as I realized It's presence was getting closer, not only could I feel It, I could also hear It...  It was tearing down the corridor to my left, crushing, smashing, devouring...I dared not to blink for I knew time was nonexistent, and the next time I opened my eyes my dream could well be crushed, not to mention my soul Reaped of its power.  I was one of the Fallen now, and It knew...A smash was heard followed by a low rumble as the wall to the left tore down, and as the dust cleared, there It was...waiting...for me...for my soul...

Chapter Two:  It Waits...

It roared, its sound so high pitched, so loud, everything seemed to shake.  It lunged forward, looking me straight in the eyes, showing me nothing but blackness, evil, death, everyone...everything forgotten was staring into my soul...It was over....nothing could save me now...I was worthless, nothing but a forgotten memory now...for an instant I wished I was back in my cell, but shook it out of my mind....

"You..." a voice rang out followed by a deep chuckle, my eyes tore open, "You are the one named Voltaire...I expected so much more..." a high pitched laugh tore through the darkness as I noticed the voice was coming from behind It...  The laugh stopped as suddenly as it began, "YOU....ARE....NOTHING TO ME!"  The voice was angry...angry...sore...almost a growl...  "IF IT WERE UP TO ME YOU'D BE REAPED HERE AND NOW....but alas...His mind has been made..."  I started to wonder who He was, was it who I thought it was..."Who...if I may ask...is...He?" slowly, I got the words uttered...  "You'll find out soon enough...." The voice seemed to fade as It turned away and followed the fading voice.

In an instant, I was freed, the chains opened and I slammed to the ground, knocking the wind out of me...  I shot to my feet and ran to the broken wall...It was everything I imagined...  It was Hell...  Legions of evil stood in the pit below as the newcomers came through...  They were savagely beaten, some thrown into the black fires....pure evil....insanity...I was beginning to smile..."This isn't such a bad pit stop after all...."

"It's not every day we see someone like you here..."  a shaky but strong voice rang out from behind me.  "I know exactly what you are doing, and I plead with you, do not do it...  Go back to where you came from, live as though this had never happened."  I turned around quickly, anger in my eyes, intensity in my voice, "You...  you have NO IDEA... NONE, what I am going through!"  I opened my mouth to speak again, but was interrupted by the man, "There is a saying here, Voltaire...  'None of us is as great as all of us.' Can you comprehend what that means?  Do you have the brain capacity to understand?"  I was getting angrier, "This is Hell Voltaire, aptly named if I do say so myself."  I smiled, "Well, ignorance is bliss is it not?  Who cares about all of you?  You are in Hell for a reason, no one cares why, no one cares what you did to belong here."  Ignorance is bliss...  I was a blissful man, well, soon to be man.  My freedom was in my sight, and this man getting in the way was annoying, "I suggest you stay out of my way, unless you really want to end up like those poor bastards down there."  I tilted my head back to illustrate who I was talking about, "Which, I don't think you do."  The man laughed, "Rotting in this place is what I deserve, yes, that is true, but many of these people here do not deserve to be, not that you care.  You have no idea what you are doing, but soon enough, you will feel the effects of what you have done."  The man turned and walked away, in an instant, he was gone.  I turned and crept into the passage, yes, passage into manhood, my life was about to begin, no one was going to stop me.  My soul growing ever stronger, ever darker.  I was becoming an unstoppable force... Or so I felt.

A smashed window can represent many a thing... It could be someone wanting to get out, or signify someone trying to get in... But worst of all, it could also represent death.  A cruel and unforgiving master, his touch full of hatred... His heart, non-existent.  He comes in many shapes, sizes, colors, even beings... You can never know for sure when death is in your presence...

"Who sent you?!  What do you want from me?!"  her voice was tense, almost frightened, "You have no right to be here!"  "What possibly could you mean, madame?" A man, tall, skinny, and pale crept closer, cracking broken glass beneath his boots, "I want nothing from you.  I am here to claim what is rightfully ours; and if you do not hand it over, I will be taking a lot more than I came for m'dear."  His long, greasy, black hair shimmered in the light of the Moon, giving it silver highlights, "Now..." He paused and looked up, fear crept into her soul, "I will ask you once, and only once..." His eyes seemed to have fire in them, a burning rage that left her paralyzed, "WHERE IS THE AMULET?!" She shrieked and fell backwards as droplets of saliva fell upon her, "As I said before, woman, I will NOT be repeating myself, so answer carefully." He ripped open his long trench coat to unveil an arsenal of weaponry, ranging from guns to knives and just about anything in between.. "Answer me, damn it!"  "I... I'm sorry... I don't know what you're talking about... I don't even know who you are!"  "I'm sorry, miss, but that would be a wrong answer..." "No... Wai.." And in the blink of an eye, everything turned black as the unknown assailant tore into her.  Before her last breath was to be had, he whispered into her ear, "Don't worry, madame, your daughter is in good hands." The woman's eyes widened, "I'll take good care of her." He laughed and decapitated her and was gone in an instant.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 21:52:32 by EarthBound015 »
Teeeheee

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
Re: [Work In Progress] - Almost Human
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:07:28 »
Aha, cool.

Awaiting updates.
grao!

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 02:27:01 »
Ooh, nice! I've always thought about making a story, but...I dunno. :S
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 21:53:17 »
Update :D

More is beginning to unravel, soon more will begin to make sense.  :P
Teeeheee

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 21:43:42 »
I'm glad to hear that, because right now this isn't really making sense at all. :P
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D