Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2909 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #2760 on: August 27, 2022, 21:30:52 »
Granted. You write a truly marvelous corruption that takes "walls" to symbolize the barriers we put up between one another, "ceiling" as the protection this happens to provide, and creatures climbing on walls and ceilings to symbolize radical social thinkers who are otherized and held as pariahs for shamelessly exploring the effects of such a societal pattern. You then get sidetracked by this and attempt to write the next Great American Novel, even though you're not American, and by the time you're finished with your rough draft of the fifth chapter, you check Nifforum and see that I've posted some dumb corruption about pellet-shooting machines and then wished for bugs. In spite, you add a one-paragraph chapter where the main character squishes a beetle, which unfortunately breaks the flow of the story completely but leaves the book feeling incomplete without it. After some thinking of how to proceed, you decide to retool the book as a slice-of-life manga about a dog made of pancakes on a starship with his friends who are anthropomorphic cicadas, but it doesn't have quite the same charm.

I wish the Disorder, from Knytt Underground, was real, and you could fast travel with easily attainable crystals.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: August 28, 2022, 20:53:50 »
Granted. But it works and looks like the one in certain april fools level so the music and the weird colours give terrible headache to anyone who attempts to use it.

I wish for a new wardrobe that would fit into my bedroom.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: August 29, 2022, 15:08:16 »
Granted; you have a new doll's house wardrobe.

I wish I could, at will, transform into a bird (let's say, a kestrel) and, at will, transform back into myself, with no annoying loopholes like restricted duration, limited uses, or arbitrary delays. Mostly, I figure it'd be more fun and less frustrating than getting the train to work.

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: August 29, 2022, 17:17:08 »
Granted. One day, you get a little distracted and forget you're a human. Not like "beware the curse: if you stay in your animal form too long you forget you were ever human!" or "if you're morphed for more than 48 hours you stay in that form FOREVER!"; your brain still fully operates to its previous extent, and your lifespan isn't any shorter, you just got really sidetracked on the whole being a bird thing. By the time you realize you didn't always used to peck at the keyboard, you feel a bit awkward and decide to keep trudging on as a bird, particularly to avoid the much more awkward "so actually I was a bird for 3 weeks" conversation.

I wish KS would still be alive in 15 more years. I mean, it will, just, like, guarantee it will be.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: August 30, 2022, 00:25:57 »
Granted. 'Knytt Stories' will be the last computer game allowed by our Computer Overlords, to mock us for our attempts to turn off The Machine.

I wish for all of my game reviews on Steam to be as popular as the review I wrote for Stardew Valley (and it shouldn't be too much to ask, since I've only reviewed about six games).

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: August 30, 2022, 12:47:42 »
Granted. None of them is as funny and apt as the Stardew valley one. Some of them are in fact popular because of how bad and out of touch they are.

I wish I was able to finish any KS level, no matter how hard, without cheating.

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: August 31, 2022, 02:32:14 »
Granted! Whenever you're making a KS level, you can now immediately finish it at any time by slapping down win objects and a cutscene that says "Good job! You won the levle! Thakns for play!" Of course, you could do that already, but now it's become especially clear.

Also, how do you "cheat" on making a level? Do you just copy and paste screens from a better level? Could Get Focus and Trail have had screens from Dragon's Myth inconspicuously included this entire time? :whoa:

I wish there was a new KS level every day.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #2767 on: September 08, 2022, 04:57:53 »
Granted. There is a new KS level released every day. They are even playable! They have custom graphics and music and incredible stories. You're the one making them so you never actually have time to do anything else, being so dedicated to your craft. You live in a hell of your own making.

I wish I was more motived to work on TToL.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 08, 2022, 08:29:09 »
Granted but, in an unexpected crossover with a plot thread in 'Could you do me a Favour' that I'd forgotten about until you revived the topic this morning, you have been replaced with a clone of yourself created by Polana using DNA from Dolly the Sheep. You now have hooves for hands, making it very difficult to use a mouse or keyboard and, by extension, to take advantage of your newfound motivation. Oh, and you're slowly turning into an actual sheep. May have buried the lead there. Sorry.

I wish I had motivation to work on my KS level.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: September 10, 2022, 20:34:43 »
Granted. Say hello to the Motivator 3000 HD XP 3D, robot that will motivate you to work on your KS level with his state of art collection of whips and scourges.

I wish I had more efficient fruit dehydrator.

Offline atinypony

• It's been a while since I've been on a forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: November 21, 2022, 02:46:53 »
Granted.
Your fruit dehydrator is so efficient it dehydrates all fruit in the world.
I wish for a nickel.
|img|http://i45.tinypic.com/wunmsh.jpg|/img|

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: November 22, 2022, 00:40:38 »
Granted; the nickel is somewhere in your home. It could be anywhere, from inside a pocket in a random item of clothing, to taped to the inside of one of your machines, to inside a cavity in your walls.

I wish my work wasn't trying to make me move to a different desk. I like my desk.

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #2772 on: November 23, 2022, 08:58:37 »
Granted. They fire you. At least now you won't have to move to a different desk since you don't need a desk at all.

I wish I could sleep.

Offline atinypony

• It's been a while since I've been on a forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: November 25, 2022, 05:45:01 »
Granted. You have an excellent night's sleep, but you have one of those dreams where you have an amazing and fully-fleshed out idea which might just be the best idea you've ever had, which inevitably dissipates into frustrating and incomprehensible intangibility on waking.

I wish i didn't drink so much coffee
|img|http://i45.tinypic.com/wunmsh.jpg|/img|

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: November 25, 2022, 20:34:47 »
Granted. You stop drinking coffee entirely. But your withdrawal headache never goes away.

I wish I hadn't screwed up catastrophically in a game I've been recently, and then hadn't overwritten my only recent save before realising.