Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2911 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #2580 on: June 04, 2021, 16:50:26 »
Granted. Humans are perfectly prepared for flying-type forms of Buizel and Floatzel. However, they were completely unaware of how bad Gen IX would be. It's widely perceived as the worst Pokemon generation ever, with critics calling to mind the questionable "sending innocent baby kittens to solitary confinement to max out your IVs" mechanic, the removal of held items and abilities "for real this time", the region being based on Florida and including the ubiquitous Florida Man as the player character, and the Elite 4 being fundamentalist preachers (don't ask), but at least it does indeed have those forms of Buizel and Floatzel.

I wish Knytt had a level editor, with all of its original entities and tiles and whatever.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: June 05, 2021, 16:46:16 »
Granted. Back in 2006 Nifflas released game Knytt exactly as we know it now, but with level editor. It got quite popular for a while but not for long, because there was no support for custom content and no power ups or other collectibles than the scattered ship parts, so the custom levels were all too similar to each other to be really interesting. Although there were plans for more versatile new game with power ups, custom content support and similar level editor, Nifflas never got to finish it, because he saw Knytt level editor as a failure.

I wish there were all creatures and tiles from original Knytt available to use in KS.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: June 05, 2021, 20:49:05 »
Granted. However, the COs that travel and persist between screens can only be used with a special mod. This mod has no other features and cannot be integrated with other mods. As a result, no one bothers to download it and the COs never get used.

I wish for a list of TV series that I haven't seen but which I will definitely enjoy.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2583 on: June 06, 2021, 18:45:39 »
Granted. The series is about you and your future girlfriend. Its a real-life soap depicting your life and showcasing how incredibly great she is and how wonderful your life is now. The series stops after episode two when she dies in a horrible accident that trashes your life. But you are strong! A new series is created that is basically the same thing but with a different girl. This one lasts 3 episodes before she dies and after that, you want to stop, no more series. You find out that the contract you signed obligates you to keep doing the series. 10 different series are made until no girl volumnteers anymore because they all seem to die in some way after 2 or 3 episodes. Each serie is under a different name, and someone makes a list out of it.

I wish the last girl in the previous series doesn't actually die due to an accident.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: June 13, 2021, 11:02:24 »
Granted. She fakes her death and funeral and appears five years later under different name freaking everyone who knew her out. The new girl denies any connection with her former identity but knows things only she would knew so everyone wonders if it's really her or some impostor.

I wish there was species of dog* sized elephants and that it was possible to keep them as a pets.

*I mean like german shepherd sized, not irish wolfhoud sized.

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: June 13, 2021, 17:57:52 »
Granted. They're sapient, and possibly smarter than humans and on the verge of taking of society, but if you save one's life and they're forever indebted to you, they might kind of act like a pet? Maybe? If they're up to it?

I misread the start of Polana's post as referring to Juni, and now I wish there were a KS level that included that as part of the plot.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: June 14, 2021, 00:12:44 »
Granted. The intro cutscene has misspelled text with awful-to-the-point-of-impenetrable grammar, badly made in MS Paint laying out the story from Polana's corruption in a few sentences. The first few screens have a few knytts with text boxes referring to this plot (though the text doesn't fit in the boxes properly and Sign objects have been replicated instead of using Sign Area objects), and then it isn't mentioned again for the rest of the level, which contains a lot of empty screens, incredibly hard challenges, and scant save points. The ending can't be reached without cheating because there are a few screens missing and some broken shifts near the end. And if you do manage to find the last screen, you'll find that the level has the default 'You win' ending with no mention of the plot.

I wish that I'd been able to post the corruption idea I had for Polana's wish that I thought up this morning but didn't have time to type up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 00:16:52 by Talps »

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: June 16, 2021, 12:02:47 »
Granted. I'll wish for that dog-sized elephants one more time so Talps can post his corruption idea. But it won't be as cool and funny as he thinks it is.

I wish there was species of dog* sized elephants and that it was possible to keep them as a pets.

*I mean like german shepherd sized, not irish wolfhoud sized.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: June 16, 2021, 17:16:06 »
Granted; Cyprus Dwarf Elephants are brought back from extinction a la Jurassic Park (though they're slightly smaller than they used to be because of genetic reconstruction reasons that definitely make sense). A pet trade arises but it is exploitative and abusive and is soon banned across much of the world - though not in the US, where an awful reality TV show soon arises revolving around a feud between two weird dwarf elephant breeders.

I wish I knew of a really good anime series to watch.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2589 on: June 17, 2021, 09:22:17 »
Granted. You learn about a serries called "Hai Nakto Powaka", an incredibly good japanese anime. It is a very rare series though and only being aired in japan. Someone on a holiday taped the first eposide and put english subtitles under it and you have watched that. It is incredibly good. The anime series is 10 seasons long and still running, and you happen to have seen the very first episode. And you want more. You want to see it all. It is thàt good. But... The anime series is only aired in japan and there's no way to actually see it. Visiting Japan isn't an option. So now you know of a really good anime series, but you can't watch more than the first episode of it.

I wish I had a box that I could turn on, would suck in heat (cooling air around it) and trap the heat inside, such that I can move the box elsewhere, open it, and release the heat so I can reuse it to quickly cool any room.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: June 18, 2021, 09:29:04 »
Granted. Unfortunately, through a series of zany mishaps and incredible coincidences involving your neighbor's friend's cousin-in-law who has a part time job on the ISS, this box ends up absorbing all of the heat from the sun, and as you can probably guess this causes at least a handful of issues for life on Earth.

I wish there were void screens in real life. Go into a building at a weird time when you're not supposed to? Void screen. Scale a really large cliff surrounding your hometown? Void screen. Sail too far out into the sea, Truman Show-style? You guessed it, void screen. I'm not actually sure why anyone would want this, but too late, I already typed it up.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 09:36:40 by canteven / ncrecc »

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: June 19, 2021, 11:51:04 »
Granted. Thousands of people disappear every day into the endless purple void. Dead bodies of some of them are later found inside of walls or terrain like a surprisingly fresh fossils. Others respawn high above the earth's surface and are killed because of the fall. The few who fell into the void and survived are often insane because of the endless fall (see Badly built level). Police no longer investigates most  murders or kidnappings because there is no way to say who disappeared because of void screens and who because of crime. Open plan homes and offices become even more popular and people are afraid to go anywhere.

I wish I had infinite supply of my favourite raspberry ice lollies in the freezer at home.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: June 19, 2021, 18:49:19 »
Granted, but then, against all odds, you are run over by an ostrich.

I wish we were all safer from random bird attacks.

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: June 20, 2021, 02:39:57 »
Granted, but then, against all odds, you have an infinite supply of your favorite raspberry ice lollies in the freezer at home. This completely throws off your diet plan.

I wish we were all safer from random infinite junk food supply.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: June 20, 2021, 10:29:11 »
Granted. All of those mysteriously appearing ice lollies are eaten by invading ostriches, who are then too cold to do anything, so both bird invasion and junk food invasion are averted.

I wish teperature at my bedroom would never go above 20°C.