Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2909 Replies
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #2415 on: August 03, 2018, 01:01:16 »
Granted; now nobody ever talks to you or acknowledges your existence, ever.

I wish the upcoming JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 5 anime would stick with a female voice actor for Narancia. It's been that way since 2002; giving him a male voice actor just... wouldn't feel right.
Edit: Never mind. He sounds perfectly fine. Instead, i'll wish for... uh... infinite money or something.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 19:05:37 by StraightFlame »

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2416 on: January 16, 2019, 09:01:21 »
Granted. You cough up coins every hour for the rest of your life.

I wish for a set of 256 never-before-seen tilesets for use in Knytt Stories.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #2417 on: January 18, 2019, 22:11:23 »
Granted. They are shitty re-colours of the existing tilesets. But hey, you've never seen them before.

I wish for a satisfying meal.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2418 on: January 18, 2019, 22:37:34 »
Granted. You come to a restaurant. You are asked to sit next to the table of a happy couple. You watch them eat and hear how satisfying the meal is they want. When the waiter comes to you, you decide to be honest and tell him you don't actually have money. The waiter throws you out without food. But that meal that couple had, it was a satisfying meal.

I wish I had the ability to teleport anywhere anytime without restrictions.

on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: January 19, 2019, 11:08:30 »
Granted! In order to activate your power you have to recite pi to fifty digits. Under your breath is fine. Oh, and every time you use the power there is a 1 in 10,000 chance of you instead being sent to the surface of Venus.

I wish I had a magic item that boosted my willpower.

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: January 19, 2019, 16:56:50 »
Granted. You now act purely on impulse. You move to Alabama and get a job as a travelling air conditioner repairman, just because you can.

I wish Knytt Stories came with 255 songs by default.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 16:58:58 by canteven »

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2421 on: January 22, 2019, 12:34:48 »
Granted. Each song is a copy of Das Fluffmuffelgebrüggenmüskinegedanken with pitch and tempo shifted randomly (and often only slightly) to distinguish each one. The worst part is, since they are Songs, as opposed to Ambiance, they don't even loop.

I wish to be paid $16 per hour to play Minecraft.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: January 23, 2019, 19:35:13 »
You are now a teaching assistant at a primary school. The collapse of the economy (due to, I don't know, Trump, Brexit, North Korea and an asteroid or something) means that $16 per hour is well below a living wage but hey, you're just a TA. And you get to spend part of your week nannying ~30 ten-year-olds in Minecraft. On Creative mode, obviously.

I wish for a decent calculator to use at work. The one I have is so bad that it's even worse than the Windows calculator.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2423 on: January 24, 2019, 14:48:43 »
Granted. You get a scientific calculator that you can even install games on. Of course, the first thing you do is install doom on it. When you play a game, your boss finds out and takes the calculator from you so he can play doom on it. At least the calculator is at the office.

I wish the new traffic rules that will happen in my city next week will be undone as they are really ridiculous and no one but a handful of people actually agree with them.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2424 on: January 25, 2019, 23:51:07 »
Granted. Your city's traffic rules are rewritten once again. From henceforth, no motorized vehicles, non-motorized vehicles, pedestrians, or any sort of human presence whatsoever shall be allowed on the roads. You are now confined to your city block, and must use animals to cross the roads for you and fetch the things you need. I hope you trained your pets well.

I wish to one day find that bird.

Love anything

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: January 26, 2019, 06:56:06 »
Granted. A split second before you collapse dead in your wheelchair at the age of 98, you catch a glimpse of it off in the distance.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: January 26, 2019, 09:18:02 »
Granted. You explode from diabetes.

I wish I could remember the awesome wish idea I came up with just after posting my last wish.

« Reply #2427 on: January 26, 2019, 12:22:32 »
Granted, but you can't think of a good corruption for the wish in this thread's latest post.

I wish Talps didn't respond to Fubaka's wish to be paid $16/hour to play Minecraft. I thought of a (in my opinion) really good corruption for that one.
(I would've given him some totally unrelated job and have him be paid the equivalent of $16 per hour in some made-up currency that can only be used to pay for the equipment, electricity, etc. required for him to play Minecraft specifically.)

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: January 26, 2019, 17:04:46 »
Granted. Of course, this causes a "butterfly of doom"-type event, and Talps' decision to take a walk outside rather than check the Nifforum ends up making Nifflas switch over to the mobile match-three game industry. Somehow.

I wish for less wishes.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2429 on: January 27, 2019, 05:16:16 »
Granted. There is now one less wish in the world, which is the one you just made. Now there are more wishes as a result.

I wish for one blue rupee.

Love anything