Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 22, 2019, 02:47:49 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 Print
Author Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish  (Read 435879 times)
Exp HP

Total My honestly gotten stars: 2

1 in 166 children

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: December 06, 2009, 21:14:59 »

Notice: This is the first post in a sticky topic, and will repeat on every page.
Corrupt-a-Wish: Be careful what you wish for!

In this game, you grant somebody's wish, but with an unexpected twist.  Then you make your own wish.

Spoiler: How to play (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Other important rules:

The goal: What it is and what it isn't
The point of the game is to be clever and creative.  There are no winners and losers in this game, there are only those awesome enough to win TEH 1NT3RN3TZ.
The goal isn't to make a "foolproof" wish that is impossible to corrupt.  Not only do such wishes have the potential to ruin the game, but they also tend to be quite bland, both in the wish itself and in how its corrupted.  Believe me, it's nothing we all haven't seen before.

Off-topic discussion is bad
Try not to start off-topic discussions.  Believe it or not, just like with every other forum game in existence, this game's number 1 critical weakness is non-game discussion.  It's especially tempting to start an off-topic discussion when you feel your wish wasn't really corrupted.  For instance, if you say "I wish it was 70 degrees outside" and somebody responds "Granted.  Your thermostat is now stuck at 70 degrees.  Kelvin, that is," you may be tempted to point out that your wish was for it to be 70 degrees outside (the astute might also be tempted to point out that there's no such thing as "degrees Kelvin").  But don't.
Unless... (read on)

Side discussion is okay
Let me add an exception to that rule.  Off-topic discussion is allowed as long as you keep the game going in every post.  If you must comment on what somebody said, make an effort to play the game, too.
As long as every post corrupts the above wish and makes a wish of its own, any discussion on the side is perfectly fine.

Don't forget to make a wish when you post!
This is the easiest mistake to make!
If you really want to corrupt somebody's wish but can't come up with a good wish of your own, then just think of an object you wish you had.

But some will still forget, anyways.
In the event that somebody corrupts a wish without posting a wish of their own, and they don't edit a wish into their post within an hour, you can assume they aren't going to, and then you can just make a wish of your own to get the game going again.

Now then, let's begin:

I wish Saira was free.

Edit by Mod: Rules update: This topic is sticky, so this post is sticky on evey page. If the previous poster forgot to post a wish, ignore the post. If you don't every post from the moment where it went wrong will be deleted upto the post where things went correct (if any)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 14:29:50 by LPChip » Logged

(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!
StraightFlame

Total My honestly gotten stars: 67

Super Duper High School Palette-Swapper

View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: August 03, 2018, 00:01:16 »

Granted; now nobody ever talks to you or acknowledges your existence, ever.

I wish the upcoming JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 5 anime would stick with a female voice actor for Narancia. It's been that way since 2002; giving him a male voice actor just... wouldn't feel right.
Edit: Never mind. He sounds perfectly fine. Instead, i'll wish for... uh... infinite money or something.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 19:05:37 by StraightFlame » Logged

Fubaka
Global Moderator

Total My honestly gotten stars: 79

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2417 on: January 16, 2019, 09:01:21 »

Granted. You cough up coins every hour for the rest of your life.

I wish for a set of 256 never-before-seen tilesets for use in Knytt Stories.

Where is fancy bread? In the heart or in the head?
Purple Ink

Total My honestly gotten stars: 28

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: January 18, 2019, 22:11:23 »

Granted. They are shitty re-colours of the existing tilesets. But hey, you've never seen them before.

I wish for a satisfying meal.
LPChip
You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
Administrator

Total My honestly gotten stars: 122

Excel at the thing you're the best at!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2419 on: January 18, 2019, 22:37:34 »

Granted. You come to a restaurant. You are asked to sit next to the table of a happy couple. You watch them eat and hear how satisfying the meal is they want. When the waiter comes to you, you decide to be honest and tell him you don't actually have money. The waiter throws you out without food. But that meal that couple had, it was a satisfying meal.

I wish I had the ability to teleport anywhere anytime without restrictions.

If this post was helpful to you, please consider giving it a shorter hidden star code by pressing the on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex
Talps

Total My honestly gotten stars: 119

...especially in a life-or-death situation.

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: January 19, 2019, 11:08:30 »

Granted! In order to activate your power you have to recite pi to fifty digits. Under your breath is fine. Oh, and every time you use the power there is a 1 in 10,000 chance of you instead being sent to the surface of Venus.

I wish I had a magic item that boosted my willpower.

canteven

Total My honestly gotten stars: 36

New 80s Marketing Mumbo Jumbo

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: January 19, 2019, 16:56:50 »

Granted. You now act purely on impulse. You move to Alabama and get a job as a travelling air conditioner repairman, just because you can.

I wish Knytt Stories came with 255 songs by default.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 16:58:58 by canteven » Logged

I use the name "ncrecc" on other forums.
Fubaka
Global Moderator

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2422 on: January 22, 2019, 12:34:48 »

Granted. Each song is a copy of Das Fluffmuffelgebrüggenmüskinegedanken with pitch and tempo shifted randomly (and often only slightly) to distinguish each one. The worst part is, since they are Songs, as opposed to Ambiance, they don't even loop.

I wish to be paid $16 per hour to play Minecraft.

Talps

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: January 23, 2019, 19:35:13 »

You are now a teaching assistant at a primary school. The collapse of the economy (due to, I don't know, Trump, Brexit, North Korea and an asteroid or something) means that $16 per hour is well below a living wage but hey, you're just a TA. And you get to spend part of your week nannying ~30 ten-year-olds in Minecraft. On Creative mode, obviously.

I wish for a decent calculator to use at work. The one I have is so bad that it's even worse than the Windows calculator.

LPChip
You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
Administrator

Total My honestly gotten stars: 122

Excel at the thing you're the best at!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2424 on: January 24, 2019, 14:48:43 »

Granted. You get a scientific calculator that you can even install games on. Of course, the first thing you do is install doom on it. When you play a game, your boss finds out and takes the calculator from you so he can play doom on it. At least the calculator is at the office.

I wish the new traffic rules that will happen in my city next week will be undone as they are really ridiculous and no one but a handful of people actually agree with them.

If this post was helpful to you, please consider giving it a shorter hidden star code by pressing the on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex
Fubaka
Global Moderator

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2425 on: January 25, 2019, 23:51:07 »

Granted. Your city's traffic rules are rewritten once again. From henceforth, no motorized vehicles, non-motorized vehicles, pedestrians, or any sort of human presence whatsoever shall be allowed on the roads. You are now confined to your city block, and must use animals to cross the roads for you and fetch the things you need. I hope you trained your pets well.

I wish to one day find that bird.

canteven

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: January 26, 2019, 06:56:06 »

Granted. A split second before you collapse dead in your wheelchair at the age of 98, you catch a glimpse of it off in the distance.

Talps

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: January 26, 2019, 09:18:02 »

Granted. You explode from diabetes.

I wish I could remember the awesome wish idea I came up with just after posting my last wish.

StraightFlame

Total My honestly gotten stars: 67

Super Duper High School Palette-Swapper

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: January 26, 2019, 12:22:32 »

Granted, but you can't think of a good corruption for the wish in this thread's latest post.

I wish Talps didn't respond to Fubaka's wish to be paid $16/hour to play Minecraft. I thought of a (in my opinion) really good corruption for that one.
(I would've given him some totally unrelated job and have him be paid the equivalent of $16 per hour in some made-up currency that can only be used to pay for the equipment, electricity, etc. required for him to play Minecraft specifically.)

canteven

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: January 26, 2019, 17:04:46 »

Granted. Of course, this causes a "butterfly of doom"-type event, and Talps' decision to take a walk outside rather than check the Nifforum ends up making Nifflas switch over to the mobile match-three game industry. Somehow.

I wish for less wishes.

Fubaka
Global Moderator

We are the music makers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2430 on: January 27, 2019, 05:16:16 »

Granted. There is now one less wish in the world, which is the one you just made. Now there are more wishes as a result.

I wish for one blue rupee.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  General  |  Forum Games  |  Topic: Corrupt-a-Wish « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length