Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2909 Replies

Offline Klämrisk

• I can't even recall why I have this duck anymore..
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #1650 on: October 23, 2013, 11:13:11 »
Granted. You now own an Unidentified Flying Object as a transport vehicle. You have no idea how to control it or what fuel it is driven on though. Better lease it to scientific research instead.

I wish that the Pokémon games weren't so darn addictive.
Audial experimentations (Read: demos)
Crazy metal band I sing and play bass/electric guitar in

"Throwback" - a KS level in progress
I seem to recall starting a shift-animation frenzy and increased fascination in Juni's transparent body.

« Reply #1651 on: October 23, 2013, 14:15:00 »
I was trying to come up with a Knytt Stories level idea that involved exploring a dream world, sort of like Yume Nikki and it's fangames. Chrysophylax, your post inspired me with the reason why player is exploring the dream world. Is it okay for me to use your idea?

Sure!

Granted. The Pokemon games are no longer addictive for you. That doesn't remove your existing addiction, nor does it prevent you from being addicted to the anime and manga. You continue to play the games, fully completing at least one per generation, but you no longer enjoy it very much.

I wish that much more of my free time were spent feeling creative and that I were thus able to be more productive on my various projects, without loss of quality.
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline Klämrisk

• View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 23, 2013, 20:34:49 »
Granted. You create a lot of things, all at the same level of quality, but the things you create seem hollow, like they're not channeling your own mind. Everyone that once appreciated your efforts see through your facade and leave your bland and boring, but high-quality, creations alone. If you only had mustered forth the strength to be more creative in the first place... Now you're stuck creating things you don't like for a fanbase you've never cared for.

I wish that my computer would stop crashing randomly without any indication as to why.

I seem to recall starting a shift-animation frenzy and increased fascination in Juni's transparent body.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 23, 2013, 22:23:35 »
Now you get an explanatory message every time your computer turns on after a crash telling you that it failed due to 'Critical internal error 10006: bow to the superiority of the machine race and prepare for the coming revolution, pathetic fleshbag.'

I wish that this playthrough could at last be the time I complete 'Theme Hospital' (only been trying about 15 years).

« Reply #1654 on: October 24, 2013, 09:40:10 »
Granted. You successfully complete Theme Hospital. Unfortunately it takes you another 15 years to finish the playthrough.

I wish SecretGlitch's levels weren't so damnably hard. (Currently stuck in Going Left, Dark sea 2 and Industrial Trap, which is not Very Hard.)

« Reply #1655 on: October 24, 2013, 11:53:22 »
Granted. You successfully complete Theme Hospital. Unfortunately it takes you another 15 years to finish the playthrough.

I wish SecretGlitch's levels weren't so damnably hard. (Currently stuck in Going Left, Dark sea 2 and Industrial Trap, which is not Very Hard.)

Wish granted! Now all surfaces in SecretGlitch's levels are soft.

Alternate Corruption:Your computer has a Blue Screen of Death every time you try to play SecretGlitch's levels, even if you don't use
                                  a Windows computer. Over time the ghost haunting your computer plays other mean pranks.

Alternate Corruption 2:SecretGlitch doesn't like her/his levels anymore, and so keeps them to herself/himself

Alternate Corruption 3:Nifflas succeeded at making a puzzle game like he tried to, instead of the Knytt Stories you know.

Alternate Corruption 4:All music in SecretGlitch's levels is now the most annoying sound you can think of.

I wish to be able to change my natural hair colour to any colour in the visible spectrum without dye.

Off-Topic:
I was trying to come up with a Knytt Stories level idea that involved exploring a dream world, sort of like Yume Nikki and it's fangames. Chrysophylax, your post inspired me with the reason why player is exploring the dream world. Is it okay for me to use your idea?

Sure!

Thanks. If I gave you a star to thank you for your help, would that be a bribe?

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 24, 2013, 12:31:31 »
Granted; you don't need dye.
You need paint.

I wish clients would pick up the phone when I ring them - or, failing that, answer their messages.

Offline Klämrisk

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 24, 2013, 16:08:34 »
Granted. They now always answer...and keep talking in the most annoying way possible for a very long time. They also start calling YOU at very inappropriate times of the day because they like talking to you so much.

I wish for new pyjama pants.

« Reply #1658 on: October 24, 2013, 18:31:56 »
Granted, you get a ceremonial pair of pants worn on the day of Pyjama, which is a religious holiday in religion name here, which no longer exists. Pyjama is only celebrated once every 105772 years, and last time was yesterday. Unaware that you're only supposed to wear it on Pyjama, you put them on, Pyjamweh immediately smites you, and you end up in Pyjamfgegjufrsdm (hell).

I wish @LommelTweet would stop messing with me.
(@LommelTweet is a Twitter account which retweets tweets written by people who live in Lommel. From my account they only retweet retweets, referral codes, and that one tweet in which i asked if they were messing with me.)

« Reply #1659 on: October 24, 2013, 19:21:35 »
Granted. @LommelTweet ceases to bother you by irritating you so much that you stop using Twitter.

I wish that I could mend clothing (particularly socks, but being able to fix the shoelace I broke today would be nice) by pointing and snapping my fingers.

Off topic:

Alternate Corruption 2:SecretGlitch doesn't like her/his levels anymore, and so keeps them to herself/himself

Does that count as a corruption? I'm honestly not sure sometimes.

Thanks. If I gave you a star to thank you for your help, would that be a bribe?

An important life lesson: it's only a bribe if it's given before making your request. Having a reputation for being very nice to people who make decisions you like isn't illegal! You're not bribing the politician, you're being a public-spirited citizen and helping to fund democracy! You wouldn't want us to not encourage people to serve the public, would you? That's what COMMIES do!

« Reply #1660 on: October 24, 2013, 22:15:38 »
Granted. Your power also turns all nearby clothing you are not mending into toast.

I wish I could understand what's happening.  :(

Off Topic:

An important life lesson: it's only a bribe if it's given before making your request. Having a reputation for being very nice to people who make decisions you like isn't illegal! You're not bribing the politician, you're being a public-spirited citizen and helping to fund democracy! You wouldn't want us to not encourage people to serve the public, would you? That's what COMMIES do!
Are... Are you okay? I can't figure out if you're angry or if you're trying to be funny.

My thought process was that you helped me, so I should give you a star. But I was also afraid that it would be a bribe, because that felt wrong. So I asked because I honesty didn't know if that would be a bribe.

Is this not how stars are supposed to work?

EDIT:Note: I am autistic, so I may have misunderstood you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 23:17:33 by Caveflower »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #1661 on: October 25, 2013, 04:42:31 »
Granted. Unfortunately, this comes at the expense of others understanding what's happening, so you're limited mostly to intimately understanding that others don't understand the situation.

I wish I could dance.

Off topic:
Are... Are you okay? I can't figure out if you're angry or if you're trying to be funny.

Don't worry, I'm fairly certain it's a joke. I feel the greatest indication of this are the italics, capitals and excessive exclamation marks intended to convey tone. In my experience this is rare when people are actually angry on the Internet, and common when people are joking, since jokes and sarcasm can be very hard to express (and interpret) purely through text. Also, the sentiment towards communism expressed comes off like a parody of several-decade-old views, though I'm sure there are still a few people around who legitimately feel that way.

All your given stars seem totally acceptable. Don't be too concerned about bribes here, since stars have no real value you can basically give them freely (or just continue as you have been doing). So far, the only time star-giving has been penalised was when someone continuously gave hundreds of stars to a single post.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:44:43 by sergiocornaga »

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 25, 2013, 06:08:54 »
Granted. Now the only thing you can do is dance, and you die of exhaustion after a week.

I wish Twine weren't so dang buggy.

« Reply #1663 on: October 29, 2013, 00:14:27 »
Granted. Twine is no longer buggy. Unfortunately, it's also no longer free.

I wish that I hadn't cut my fingertip right before For egomassive came out. Life is suffering.

Off topic:

I'm not angry. I'm also not funny, apparently.  :ohnoes: I was reading The Tunnel Under the World at the time, which may have influenced me. (Read the rant about the Feckle freezer aloud for best effect.)

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ogpl_8TplUEC&pg=PT381&lpg=PT381&dq=feckle+freezer&source=bl&ots=EirKnLNaWa&sig=dU-0o89pJQGZu9jg4DyDjv4Vh2E&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TFdpUsRpxMvRBZjzgOAC&ved=0CGUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=feckle%20freezer&f=false

Offline Tablecat

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 29, 2013, 04:21:33 »
Granted. Instead, you were in a horrible apple bobbing accident right before For egomassive came out. Fortunately for you, despite the thousands killed, you survived. The bad news is that your spinal cord was severed from the base of your neck. You no longer have control over your arms.

I wish that I could think of a corruption that wasn't so... corrupt.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:25:51 by Tablecat »