Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2922 Replies

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #2520 on: March 03, 2021, 07:31:59 »
Granted, but I misread that as "my new machine", so instead of your new machine making you tired and hungry, it drains life from the environment around it, requiring Juni to come and turn it off.

I wish Knytt Experiment 2!!

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: March 03, 2021, 10:07:47 »
Knytt Experiment 2 cannot answer your wish, because A. You didn't say what your wish is; you merely addressed it to Knytt Experiment 2, and B. Knytt Experiment 2 does not exist.

I wish to go to a nice beach for a day.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: March 03, 2021, 18:29:08 »
Granted. Beach is nice, but seagulls get pretty annoying after twenty minutes or so. And you have to spend here whole day.

I wish for more licorice sweets.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2523 on: March 04, 2021, 12:40:00 »
Granted. You come home. You try to open the door, but the door jams. You decide to see if one of the windows open. As you approach the window and you look inside, you see that the entire house, top to bottom, is filled with licorice sweets. But doors can't be opened anymore so the only way to get inside is by breaking a window.

I wish Knytt Experiment 2 existed.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: March 04, 2021, 15:27:29 »
Granted. Knytt Experiment 2 exists as the noun phrase in the sentence "I wish Knytt Experiment 2 existed."

I wish Knytt Experiment 2 exists and is playable. (And is good.)

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: March 05, 2021, 23:05:51 »
Granted. Some game called Knytt Experiment 2 exists. However, it was not made by Nifflas or with his permission. He even said he hates it, so although it's playable (and great!) game, we are not allowed to discuss it on this forum or share our levels and custom stuff here.

I wish game called Knytt Experiment 2 made by Nifflas as a succesor of Knytt, Knytt Stories and Knytt Experiment existed, was playable, was good, was not abandoned in early stages of development and allowed you to use powers from all three of it's named predecessors (i.e. there were both umbrella and that red balloon).

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: March 05, 2021, 23:34:07 »
Granted, Nifflas creates a fully playable game called Knytt Experiment 2 and it exists and is good and is finished. But before releasing it, Nifflas decides he is fed up with the internet, game design and technology as a whole. Therefore he never actually releases it, so while it can be played, no one ever actually gets to do so.

I wish for a continuation of this running gag.

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: March 06, 2021, 00:12:12 »
Granted. Nifflas creates the actual Knytt Experiment 2 with all the features mentioned by Polana and even adds online multiplayer. He then contacts Nicalis to port it to the Nintendo Switch (including a special in-game graphics drawing feature). Unfortunately, they screw it up massively, and it takes them 5 years to fix the major bugs in the game. In the meantime, the new version becomes known as Knytt Experiment 2+ and is eventually ported back to PC as the "official" version of KE2, and anyone who tries to download the old Knytt Experiment 2 is hit with a lawsuit. Yay.

I wish for... an even further continuation of this gag?!

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: March 06, 2021, 00:32:35 »
Granted. After Knytt experiment 2 fiasco, Nifflas decides to develop Knytt experiment 3. It would be his best game, but after previous troubles, nobody but his most dedicated fans play it at it never get the praise it deserves. Online multiplayer is abandoned after few months since there is so few players.

I also wish for  further continuation of this gag.

Edit:

Or alternatively, I wish for new pencil sharpener.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:33:47 by Polana »

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #2529 on: March 14, 2021, 02:27:29 »
Granted! Nifflas makes a cryptic tweet about working on "something big" and it generates a lot of excitement. He continues to hype up this secret project and more and more people notice. It isn't long before it makes the news. Everyone gets really excited to see what this mystery project is from Nifflas. Finally he announces it will be called 'Knytt Experiment 4' and will be unlike anything he's done before. Finally, after two long years of development, he releases his project in all its glory. Knytt Experiment 4 is a pencil sharpener. You buy one but it's really bad at what it's supposed to do.

I wish for another sandwich.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: March 14, 2021, 02:57:17 »
Granted, you receive a crocodile sandwich. The crocodile is still alive.

I wish I had completed more achievements when I played through 'Journey' earlier.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2531 on: March 14, 2021, 13:57:24 »
Granted. Magic casts upon the game and magically Talps has now succesfully completed every achievement for Journey. But not just Talps has all the achievements, everyone owning the game got all achievements now. The developers quickly take notice because this must be a bug in the game or something, and they reset all achievements for everyone to zero. In an attempt to patch this occurence of which the developers have no clue how it happened in the first place, for 60% of the achievements, its now actually not possible anymore to complete them at all. You perform the task, but the achievement just never registers. The developers give up trying to fix it.

I wish I had a large piece of land with a house that all belongs to me. Around it is a special dome that I can control the temperature within the dome using an extremely efficient and low cost solution, such that even in mid-winter, I can make it 20 degrees inside, or if its in extreme summer, I can do the exact same.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Wibi

• View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: March 14, 2021, 19:47:18 »
Granted. Your extremely efficient, low cost solution is putting a bunch of air conditioners or space heaters that won't turn off everywhere and wrecking them with a hammer when you don't need them, because you've entered an agreement with the local air conditioner and space heater manufacturers where they send you all their broken conditioners/heaters for free.

I wish Garfield was funny.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: March 14, 2021, 22:31:43 »
Granted. All other comic strips now feature the same picture of two pebbles in the middle of the road that don't do anything. Compared to them, Garfield is quite funny, although nothing about it changes.

I wish there was no mold growing in the corner of my bedroom.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: March 14, 2021, 23:15:02 »
Granted; the corner wall of your bedroom has been removed, leaving a hole.

I wish this guy I know would quit smoking.