Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2928 Replies

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #2070 on: August 08, 2014, 15:38:32 »
Granted. But there's still racism and other things to deal with, which have just gotten worse.

I wish I hadn't spent so much on this computer.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2071 on: August 08, 2014, 16:58:37 »
Granted.  Your computer is now a raunchy-smelling Windows 95 brick with a semi-functioning mouse and a graphics card capable of playing games up to the par of Oregon Trail, but still prone to crash when too many colors are processed at once.  The good news is that you only had to pay US$5 for it.

I wish it were easier to diagnose my own physical health.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #2072 on: August 08, 2014, 18:22:04 »
Granted. You are now a hypochondriac.

I wish the person below me wishes for something terrible.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

« Reply #2073 on: August 08, 2014, 20:12:07 »
Granted. People continue to confuse genders and sexes, though, and non-binary values for sex and gender are still barely recognised. Moreover, giving women equal rights doesn't get them  equal treatment.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I wish for the power to turn my sexuality on and off at will, but only by concentrating for ten minutes, to possess the knowledge of how to do so and to not have my desire to turn the damn thing off go away.
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 08, 2014, 22:42:24 »
Since Chrysophylax apparently didn't notice replies had moved on a page, I'm granting and corrupting both his(?) wish and rainulous's simultaneously:

I wish for everyone to have the power to turn their sexuality on and off at will, but only by concentrating for ten minutes; to possess the knowledge of how to do so; to not have any pre-existing desire to turn the damn thing off go away; but also for everyone to lose the ability to concentrate for more than five minutes at a time on anything.
:why don't we have a devil-horns smiley:

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2075 on: August 09, 2014, 06:49:43 »
Granted.  The world effectively stops functioning as a result of the latter part of the wish.

I wish God would play dice every now and then, that stick-in-the-mud. :P

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: August 09, 2014, 10:53:36 »
Granted, but as he doesn't have a table he has to play on Earth. Every so often, two enormous square rocks crash to Earth like meteorites and destroy large percentages of life.

I wish that wishing actually made things come true, with the ability to veto any wish after the outcome is revealed.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: August 09, 2014, 13:20:50 »
Granted. Every wish Talps makes from now on will always come true. Technically, he(?) could veto the outcome of any wish whose outcome he was dissatisfied with... except that his wishes only come true after 100 years have passed since his death. It certainly makes life exciting for his great-grandchildren!

I wish I could get some low-alcohol, homebrew-style beer like I had in Finland many years ago, that was brown and cloudy and refreshing and gezellig.

Actually, it's eggplant.

« Reply #2078 on: August 09, 2014, 16:51:18 »
Granted. The beer is spilled on your head from a window and the spiller won't tell you where he bought it.

I wish it were easier to acquire good KS levels.

Fubaka, Talps: http://rockpapercynic.com/index.php?date=2014-03-19

A feminist is someone who supports equal rights, opportunities and treatment for women. Nothing else. There are truly vast numbers of people who would say that they support those things but deny being feminists, because everyone knows feminists are crazy man-haters, or at least really over-sensitive. Essentially, you are either a feminist, a jerk or not of adult mental capacity. Please stop trying to dissociate yourselves from feminism: the more acceptable self-identifying as a feminist becomes, the harder it is to oppose the ideal of equal treatment.
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2079 on: August 09, 2014, 17:13:11 »
A feminist is someone who supports equal rights, opportunities and treatment for women. Nothing else. There are truly vast numbers of people who would say that they support those things but deny being feminists, because everyone knows feminists are crazy man-haters, or at least really over-sensitive. Essentially, you are either a feminist, a jerk or not of adult mental capacity. Please stop trying to dissociate yourselves from feminism: the more acceptable self-identifying as a feminist becomes, the harder it is to oppose the ideal of equal treatment.

Frankly, I'm tired of these word games.  If you really want to see a more egalitarian society, go out and actually fight individual-level examples of misogony AND misandry in the world.  The problem with arguing semantics like this is that too many people, even those who identify as 'feminist', don't agree with your definition. 

Imo, as soon as you make it an 'ism' you've missed the point.

I wish it were easier to acquire good KS levels.

Granted, but each level is now at least 50GB in size.

I wish for an explosion of new tilesets.

Love anything

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: August 09, 2014, 17:41:14 »
Granted. There's a bomb somewhere in your computer (from Nifflas, maybe?). Try find it and deactivate it. Good luck! ;)

I wish the world of Narnia was real.
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2081 on: August 09, 2014, 17:50:50 »
Granted. You walk in the forest one day and you are alone. You see this path you never actually noticed to be there. Out of sheer curiosity you follow it. You find a path to mountains you never actually knew were there. There's a cave in the mountains. You go in and find this weird looking stone with some kind of hand print on it. You find it funny and try and see if your hand is big enough. As you place your hand on it, a portal opens up in front of you, and you see the world of Narnia. You really want to go there, so you step through the portal. When you reach the other side, you see the portal close behind you, and now you are trapped there. These portals are only one-way so you can never return.

I wish our world was as peaceful and advanced as it is shown in Star Trek.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #2082 on: August 09, 2014, 18:34:03 »
Granted, but now there's also Borg.

I wish our world was as fundamentally messed up as it is shown in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Love anything

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: August 09, 2014, 20:58:49 »
Code: [Select]
ERROR IN LINE 80: STATE ALREADY EXISTS
You wasted a wish, since our world always was just that messed up.

I wish everyone in the world was exactly as beautiful (or ugly) on the outside as they are on the inside -- and by "on the inside" I mean character and personality, not that I want to see everyone's viscera. :sick:

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 10, 2014, 00:04:00 »
Granted, but maybe we're all a lot uglier now than you expected.

I wish I could enjoy the role-playing game my friends and I are currently playing more than I do (we've been playing Dungeons & Dragons a lot recently, which I really like, but now we've gone to Dark Heresy, of which I dislike both the setting and the system, so to clarify, I wish I liked Dark Heresy more so I would be less bored up until we switch to another game).