Corrupt-a-Wish

• 2930 Replies
Re: Corrupt-a-Wish
« Reply #1830 on: January 05, 2014, 18:55:54 »
Granted. Over the next week, six people accidentally subscribe and then unsubscribe again.

I wish my room were less freaking cold! (Currently wearing two pairs of socks, long johns, two jumpers and a woolly hat, besides ordinary clothes, and still shivering.)
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #1831 on: January 05, 2014, 19:28:46 »
Granted. A tornado magically forms around your house, rips the entire house of its foundation and flies your house to a desert where it is over 50 degrees Celsius. Your room quickly heats up and now it is unbaribly hot. The downside is, that you can clothe yourself against the cold, but you can't against the heat, and believe me, its really really hot!

I wish I could know the exact outcome of every scenario I can think of. For example, if I think about what would happen if gave my brother a bill of 10 euro, and the solution would be that he'd buy drugs with it. (note, my brother would never do that. Its just an example)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 05, 2014, 23:51:18 »
You get the described power; however, every scenario you envisage ultimately leads to terrible consequences. Jaded by the meaninglessness of human existence, you go insane and attempt to blow up the planet, even though that you know it will lead you to being arrested and exiled to a secret penal colony on the moon.

I wish I could generate D'n'D enemies really quickly and easily, and that they would be fun, challenging but not overpowered obstacles for my players.

« Reply #1833 on: January 06, 2014, 07:23:13 »
Granted, but they're generic or orherwise bland.

I wish you didn't have to come up with a wish every time you want to post a corruption.

« Reply #1834 on: January 06, 2014, 12:33:53 »
Granted. You can desire to post corruptions without making wishes, you just can't actually post them without making wishes. (Just post alternative corruptions when you can think of a wish.)

I wish I had people to play D&D with.

Off-topic: Talps, go take a look at http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116836

Have you considered different approaches? For example, warning your players that the enemies will be actually smart, then play some really underpowered enemies and try to win. (My Live Action Role Playing group has a problem with me because they balance the enemies so that the players will reliably win with very basic tactics [which is not to say that we don't get TPKs]. Monsters have good stats but are supposed to let the players win; I tend to forget myself and use actual planning, go for headshots on paralysed enemies and so on. While playing a troll is fun, personally I would much prefer to play a tribe of goblins who have good tactics and well-placed traps, post lookouts and really abuse their cantrips.)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #1835 on: January 06, 2014, 14:07:49 »
Granted. You save up money. Lots of money. You buy 3 slaves who you force to play D&D with. Since they suck so badly at it, they commit suicide. The police finds out and arrests you and you spend 25 years in prison for killing 3 slaves, even though technically you didn't kill them. And in prison no one likes D&D.

I wish I had a power that would allow me to never get wet when it rains.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #1836 on: January 06, 2014, 14:43:59 »
Granted. You are now extremely hydrophobic.

I wish I could adjust my local rate of passage of time, a la the Discworld History Monks.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 06, 2014, 17:43:41 »
Granted. You will run into problem with the Auditors of reality.
I wish for pencil sharpener.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #1838 on: January 06, 2014, 18:04:36 »
Granted. You get one of these:

I wish to be able to see through solid objects. (aka x-ray vision)

MODPlug Central Forum

« Reply #1839 on: January 06, 2014, 19:00:22 »
Granted. You can now see X-rays. You can no longer see in visible light. Have fun looking at people's skeletons!

I wish the phishing email I received this morning had really been HM Revenue and Customs trying to return ~£650 of overpaid tax.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:37 »
You get a letter telling you HM Revenue and Customs are trying to return ~£650 of overpaid tax; it's a great morning, until you realise you've been given your neighbour's post by mistake.

I wish I could have this week off work and come back when there was actually something to do!

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #1841 on: January 07, 2014, 13:05:30 »
Granted. Your boss tells you that you can have the week off, as long as the work isn't there either. When you are about to leave the building your bass yells at you to come back, because a client called and now there's work to do. After about half an hour of work done, you go back to the same setting. Given that work could come at any moment, your boss refuses a second attempt of taking the week off.

I wish people would post a like on my facebook page to help me as an Artist.

MODPlug Central Forum

« Reply #1842 on: January 07, 2014, 13:34:57 »
Granted. they don't actually like your art, they just want to set you up so they can snub you later.

I wish I enjoyed revision.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #1843 on: January 07, 2014, 14:01:13 »
Of course they don't like my art. I'm a mucisian. D'oh...

Granted. You enjoy Revision now. You enjoy it so much that it becomes an obsession. Anyone who doesn't enjoy revision automatically becomes your enemy and as such you quickly get detatched from your family and love ones.

I wish my Music was known and liked by an additional 5 million people.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 08, 2014, 01:06:30 »
Granted. They like your music....but only thing they want is copying it.

I wish I was in a hotel.
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran