How to obtain the full version of Saira for free

• 18 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
How to obtain the full version of Saira for free
« on: December 04, 2009, 14:35:08 »
I just wanted to point this out in a separate thread so nobody misses this out. Normally I wouldn't stack two topics to get one message out but this board will be replaced soon anyway since the game is out in a week! If you speak a language foreign to me (basically anything other than Swedish and English), and want to send a translated press release to the medias in your country you will get a free serial for the game.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 15:36:33 by Nifflas »

Re: How to obtain the full version of Saira for free
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 16:06:31 »
I've got a question that will probably be useful for everyone, for maximum marketing efficiency  8)

Press Release E-Mail

- What subject?
- Body: the press release posted directly in the mail's body, with no specific introduction, or attached as a file?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 16:56:17 »
I'd use the same header as the press release have at the top.

If you can send a text formatted mail that would make most sense, if otherwise you can always link to the same url's as listed in the "Help me translate the press release" topic. I'm not strict about it though, you can do whatever you think looks professional.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 02:12:03 »
HAHAHA! XD Nice one Eld.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline ZmillA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 17:05:24 »
Thats a pretty neat idea, haven't heard about it being done before.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 17:19:42 »
I wouldn't mind having a Pirate translation!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 18:45:06 »
There you go! C)p

By the way, I used this. X)

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 04:06:20 »
LOL, that cracked me up, Ponto! The pirate lingo mixed with technical terms is hilarious.  C)p

Fer reasons unknown, she finds herself as th' only remainin' swabbie in th' entire galaxy.
Ain't that right, ye filthy sea-dogs? :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:08:32 by SiamJai »

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 10:27:55 »
That's pretty awesome, especially since I'm currently kind of officially learning how to do press releases and so on (plus, I'm completely broke, so free Saira = joy! *g*) ... However, 1.) you probably already have someone doing a German version(?), and 2.) I'm in Copenhagen [strike]fomenting[/strike]facilitating civil unrest (in a very peaceful way) until the 13th of December, so I wouldn't have any time at all in the next few days to test the game and write up a press release. HOWEVER... if you don't find anyone else, and can live with a somewhat later press release in Germany (end of next week or so?), I'd be more than willing to do this. So maybe write me down as a backup option for Germany?

(Oh, there's another potential problem with me doing a press release: I'm kind of crap at platformers, so it would - at the very least - take me longer than the average player to play/evaluate the game.)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 10:48:59 »
Hmpf, the press release has been written already. It only needs translation and then distribution.

Paula already translated the press release in german, so the question really is: can you distribute the press release to a german news site?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 13:25:18 »
Hmpf, the press release has been written already. It only needs translation and then distribution.

Paula already translated the press release in german, so the question really is: can you distribute the press release to a german news site?

Ah, okay, sorry. (It just occurred to me, too, that if I *were* to write a press release, I wouldn't actually have to play and evaluate the game anyway. Silly me... I was a bit confused when I posted because there is so much stuff going on here all around me at the moment, and also, I'm kind of used to doing reviews, so I automatically went into reviewer mode.)

So, to answer your question: I could definitely - and, in fact, fairly immediately - distribute the press release to www.fictionbox.de, because that's a site where I'm a mod. It's not a gaming site, though - it's a general sf and fantasy news site, with a focus on films and tv. We do have a gaming board, though, and I'm also about to publish a front page article about indie flash games, so we do have the occasional gaming content.

Given some time for research I could probably find more appropriate sites, but not this week, as I'm very busy here at the moment.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 13:31:35 »
Thing is, the press release have to be sent after the game is out but between the 12th and 13th to have an impact. If you can send some out by then the offer is there though.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 13:51:23 »
Thing is, the press release have to be sent after the game is out but between the 12th and 13th to have an impact. If you can send some out by then the offer is there though.

Well, I could definitely do one to fictionbox.de, as I said. I could even just send it now and tell them only to publish it on the 12th or 13th. They will do that if I tell them so; I've been a member and a mod there for ages. (I'm not an admin, so I can't do the posting myself.)

Other sites... well, I do seem to get some free time here occasionally but it may also get very busy any moment, without warning, so I don't really know if I will have the time to identify some other sites to target. I'll definitely keep that in mind as something to do if I *should* find myself with some time on my hands here, though... :-)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 15:34:11 »
Sorry, it has to be sent the 12th or 13th, medias gets lots of press releases every day, so it's important that the ones they get are relevant at that moment.