Help me translate the press release

• 43 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Help me translate the press release
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 13:36:19 »
I actually already have one in French since Yann is on the team, but thanks anyway!

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 14:16:21 »
Aaand done  :^^:

French translation attached (Here's hoping that Yann didn't make one already  X-P)

Edit: aw, saw that message too late Nifflas  :sigh: damn

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 14:33:15 »
Aaw, I should have mentioned it earlier :(

On the upside, if you want to help spread the French press release on the 12th you get the full game for free.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 14:36:47 »
Sure. And I live in Belgium (French and Dutch languages), so I will help you there as well  C)

Sent you a PM.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 15:38:48 »
So, I suppose you won't be needing any help translating it into swedish huh? X)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 15:43:41 »
So, I suppose you won't be needing any help translating it into swedish huh? X)
Ah, no :)

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 17:14:32 »
oh noes, I overlooked the last paragraph! :ohnoes:

it'd be

?ber Nicklas Nygren:
Nicklas macht Musik seit den 90ern und hat vor 10 Jahren begonnen, Spiele zu entwickeln. Des Weiteren arbeitet er zusammen mit Nicalis, Inc. an "NightSky", das demn?chst zur Ver?ffentlichung ansteht.

Kontakt:
Nicklas Nygren
business@ni2.se
nifflas.ni2.se

Sorry! :oops:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 18:36:08 »
What is the meaning of "Developed almost as much in the outdoors as indoors" ? A) You made the game outside your house and inside your house  :P , B) Saira's scenarios are both outdoors and indoors?

I am trying an European Spanish version, although I would recommend Spanish members to take a look at it, my translating skills really sucks  :P2 (I am better at adapting texts my own way).

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 20:17:18 »
European Spanish attached. Note that this is not a literal translation, although I tried my best to convey the most important messages. Si alguien puede crear una nota de prensa mejor o corregir la m?a, mejor que mejor  :^^:.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 01:05:54 »
What is the meaning of "Developed almost as much in the outdoors as indoors" ? A) You made the game outside your house and inside your house  :P , B) Saira's scenarios are both outdoors and indoors?
While I created Night Game I photographed everything I could with my digital camera to build a photo library. I had photographed for a full year before I started out with Saira that used these photographs, and during the year I created Saira I always had the camera and microphone ready when I was outdoors to take any chance I could.

So, if you include the work done with the camera and microphone, it's a very accurate statement that the game is developed outdoors as much as indoors.

Thanks for the spanish translation! I will get the html up in the original post on Monday when I'm back to work.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:40 »
What is the meaning of "Developed almost as much in the outdoors as indoors" ? A) You made the game outside your house and inside your house  :P , B) Saira's scenarios are both outdoors and indoors?
While I created Night Game I photographed everything I could with my digital camera to build a photo library. I had photographed for a full year before I started out with Saira that used these photographs, and during the year I created Saira I always had the camera and microphone ready when I was outdoors to take any chance I could.

So, if you include the work done with the camera and microphone, it's a very accurate statement that the game is developed outdoors as much as indoors.

Then the approach I used in the Spanish translation (indoor/outdoor development) is accurate. Great!  C)

Offline pawel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 21:31:08 »
Polish version attached.
It should be correct (for me it looks like it is).
However, I don't know if I will be able to send it to the medias - I'll see.

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 00:59:27 »
This is all looking very neat!  I only speak English, so I cannot help with anything unfortunately.

I wanted to point out, Nifflas, that you spelled SiamJai's name wrong (you wrote "SianJai).  This is not really a big deal unless you plan on including the names of the translators in the credits of the game, in which case you'd want everything to be accurate! :)
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 03:12:13 »
Does 'audio' refer to solely the soundtrack, or sound effects in addition to the soundtrack? Also, 'unlock one of six vastly unique endings': That just means the player will be listening to the 2 hour + music until he beats the game once, right? Not that there's some sort of clue in the music?

Offline .viR

• .r:-146[7]+
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 13:21:35 »
I think it means if you listened to all the music in the game at once you'd be there for 2+ hours.
However I'm not sure if the ambience is included.

Edit: I read it again, it just means the music, not sure if it links to the unique endings though, I don't see how it could.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 13:23:09 by .viR »
I like it.