[misc][easy]SUPER HERO

• 15 Replies
[misc][easy]SUPER HERO
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:03:30 »
yes i know it says the author is wut but that was by accident its really by me and the title i decided to name after a song..... ANYWAYS!

well this is the second level and yes i did think this level out a little it took an hour to do i even added some story

criticism is always welcome

dunno what else to say its just another level from me

EDIT: v2 (maybe even the slightest better): http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/blabla13372%20-%20SUPER%20HERO%20v2.knytt.bin

V2.1 i have up it is for ppl who likes challenge: http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Blabla13372-%20SUPER%20HERO%20V2.1.knytt.bin
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:15:38 by blabla13372 »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: [misc][easy]SUPER HERO
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:56:33 »
You're back! :D

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:59:59 »
To be perfectly blunt, this is worse than your first one. It's packed full of bugs, incoherent, and contains no redeeming qualities. Really, my only suggestion to you is to take more time when you design screens, add detail and fun to everything you make, and test for bugs (walk left -- boom, void city. That's not good.). It's okay to post your first levels for constructive criticism, just make sure you recognize various design decisions that aren't exactly the best, such as randomly spewing objects around the screen, or making a blank screen with a floor and some dot thing in it. Those don't count as fun, those don't count as "background" or "ambiance," it's really just useless. Unless this was a joke, I don't see a real reason for why this level was made like this.

I'm sorry if I sound at all harsh.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 05:08:21 »
Judging by the above criticismic cataclysm of self esteem crushing words, I think this is a very abstract level :)

You have a very interesting mind.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 05:12:04 »
didnt even know any1 else tried my first one

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 05:14:22 »
didnt even know any1 else tried my first one

The purple pineapple did

EDIT: Oh, it was pumpkinbot! I get them mixed up for some reason :(

here it is: http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=411.0

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 05:58:04 »
Oh my god. It's so funny to see those flyers stuck in the ground. Ha. Awesome.
Lurk more.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 06:22:11 »
i just worked on it a bit more
i think i fixed the void and any possibilities to escape from the level and get rid of some things too but added prettier things just for the sake of it

EDIT: btw if u see the blank sign its cause i dont know how to make signs have text i tried looking in the settings and stuff but i couldnt find em

EDIT2: the sign is suppose to say that his fishing fly got loose and thats just terrible
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 06:28:36 by blabla13372 »

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 15:58:07 »
Okay, this is a LOT better than the original.

To make a sign, go to the screen with the sign and go to the 3rd Party Tools option in the top of the screen, and click the one that says "(current screen)". Then the attached image tells you what to do.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 16:06:35 »
The screen with the flies is awesome. Like a surrealist painting, especially with that blank speech bubble. I also liked the ending.

But otherwise, yes, what SecretGlitch said... you should work on your environments more. Maybe make stuff a little less abstract and a little more flowing. Also, the challenges aren't really challenging, because you can skip most of them by jumping above the screen and then gliding to the next screen using the umbrella.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 23:59:30 »

To make a sign, go to the screen with the sign and go to the 3rd Party Tools option in the top of the screen, and click the one that says "(current screen)". Then the attached image tells you what to do.

see whenever i try to open it it crashes

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 00:02:53 »
That's most likely because of the length of the directory name for the game.  If the name for the game's folder is too long, KSManager will crash.   A common mistake is putting games in user folders like Desktop, Downloads, or My Documents. These folders are actually in "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]", so their names are much longer than they look.

If you move the Knytt Stories folder from wherever it is to just the C:\ drive, it should start working fine.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 00:14:27 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 00:44:35 »
That's most likely because of the length of the directory name for the game.  If the name for the game's folder is too long, KSManager will crash.   A common mistake is putting games in user folders like Desktop, Downloads, or My Documents. These folders are actually in "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]", so their names are much longer than they look.

If you move the Knytt Stories folder from wherever it is to just the C:\ drive, it should start working fine.
thanks that should help a lot ... now if only there was a reputation system on here then i would rep +

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 02:24:26 »
There is

its called hidden star :D

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 17:50:59 »
and so ends it for now  dunno if ill do another