The Compliment Board.

• 55 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Re: The Compliment Board.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 04:07:19 »
I'd like to compliment Nifflas for making the first two platformers I really enjoyed (Knytt and Knytt Stories).

And I'd like to compliment all the tileset makers. Thank you for making KS editing so much fun for us graphics-challenged people - and thanks for giving me such a good opportunity to act out my god complex ("Hmmmm, I think I shall put a mountain there... and a lake over there... and maybe a tree or two...")!

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 05:39:39 »
Though it surely has been said, Nifflas, you are a bucketload of awesome.

I'd also like to compliment some level designers. 
-rcc2soft. Colors was spectacular (good job pioneering in boss battles), and you've made a lot of achievements thus far in KSDS.
-Fredrik Andersson. Of all the levels I've played so far, your level Core is my favorite.
-Hmpf. I'm embarrassed to say this now that you just posted here, but in the ongoing development thread for Falling Rain, I see myself in your attention to detail and in your overall forum presence. It's inspiring.

And I certainly agree with people's statements about the community as a whole.  This is among the most well-behaved communities I have seen.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:45:36 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 06:46:48 »
I'd like to compliment Nifflas for making the first two platformers I really enjoyed (Knytt and Knytt Stories).
Oh yes, of course. Great thanks to Nifflas for making the first two games I really played (Knytt Stories and whatever one I downloaded next, probably WaDF)
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 09:48:28 »
I want to thank everyone that appreciates the hard work we do as staff.

Secondly, I want to compliment SiamJai (our newest mod) for doing such a great job. You really do better than I expected, and I already had high expectations. :) Good job.

Also a compliment to the other staff members for their work :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 10:59:20 »
Thank you very much, LPChip - your appreciation means a lot to me. C) Your discreet guidance helps me grow as a mod, and your thoughtful support keeps me motivated to do the best I can. :)

I would like to compliment fellow staff members; their professional yet considerate and caring attitude is an inspirational example I keep trying to live up to.

I'll compliment Nifflas of course, for making these great games, the focal point around which this entire community revolves, and for being a cool person in general.

I'd also like to compliment Blox, who makes great effort to ensure that I never get too much stuck inside my isolated cave. You're a great friend! :-)

Last but not least, my largest compliment goes to the community as a whole - to the collective helpfulness, kindness, sharing and fun that make the Nifforum an awesome place to stay at, year after year.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:04:38 by SiamJai »

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 22:23:15 »
Well, first to LPChip for doing well on every project he undertakes, despite being one of the most pestered people of the forum  X)

Nifflas, of course, for making WADF, which initiated my first real interest in non-commercial games, as well as knytt and knytt stories, both just happened to mix my favorite parts of gaming, platforming and exploration.

Oh, and Nifflas again for being the basis for what I consider to be one of the best forum on the internet  :nuts:

And of course, all the forumites for being such wonderful contributors to basically everything, being polite and open minded and supportive as well  ;)

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 19:34:50 »
I'd like to thank nifflas for obviosly making such a wonderful collection of games (and many more hopefully :P2)

Also all the Staff at the forum, for doing a wonderful job.  such a wonderful job that i forget theres racism on the internet XD so a huge thanks to them

and thanks to all the level creators out there, its great to see new concepts/levels for KS

Great job everyone C)p

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 01:26:29 »
I would like to thank Paula and Mr. Monkey for making me some bugbears. I would also like to thank Sabata for making my totally awesome userbar :D

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 17:00:38 »
Nice thread!  It makes me feel happy. :)

We have such a nice community - compliments to the forumers for being kind to each other, and to the admins/mods who keep the place SANE, and generally have a good sense of humor about them.

I would like to compliment Nifflas for taking so much time to make games we all enjoy.  Within a Deep Forest was my first platformer on the PC, and it's probably my favorite game of all time!  Thanks Nifflas, there's no one like you!  C)

Oh, and compliments to Mr. Monkey for having good taste in games.  It was about 4 years ago that you introduced me to WaDF, Cave Story, and LiCS, which are my top games! :O Good times on the Wonderland forums!

EDIT: I wonder what this board would be like with a reputation system.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 17:03:11 by TheoX »
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 23:12:26 »
I don't know who exactly this is would be a compliment to (the admins? Or the community, maybe?), but I haven't been here for long and yet I've managed to catch the website when the server was shutting down on two separate occasions.

That's how frequently I come back to check this forum amidst the other 8 or so websites I have open in tabs; I actually manage to catch the forum during maintenance. X)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 23:16:54 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 23:22:06 »
I'd like to thank everybody for not being angry at me for not being around more often when I was a mod and that was my duty.

Cheers to Nifflas for upholding some values which I admire (like pacifism, connection to nature...) and getting them across through his games.

LPChip, Miss Paula, J, googoogjoob, SiamJai and lilmanjs16 also deserve my compliments for doing a hell of a good job. (I hope I didn't forget anyone... )

You all rock! :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 23:24:03 by PONTO »

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 23:51:52 »
Id like to compliment everyone who has posted, adding to these already wonderful community!  :)

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 11:20:28 »
I would like to compliment LPChip.
He is really funny when he complains about "wat". X)
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 12:38:53 »
I would like to compliment LPChip.
He is really funny when he complains about "wat". X)

Lol, thanks... I guess...
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 04:11:54 »
i would like to thank LPChip for putting up with people's crap.
i guess that when you make a small mistake as a person with authority people feel the need to overreact.
i would have blown a fuse by now. kudos for patience, man.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:14:04 by StaticRomantic »