Within A Knytt Forest (WaKF)

• 21 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Within A Knytt Forest (WaKF)
« on: November 29, 2009, 06:10:33 »
WITHIN A KNYTT FOREST

I have, for some time been working on an (Almost) identical replica of WaDF, made into a Knytt Stories level, and now it has become a collaboration. (well, hopefully XD)

I need recruits to create areas of Within a Knytt Forest.
The areas have to be as accurate as possible, made easy as ONE WaDF screen is EXACTLY equal to TWO KS screens stacked on top of each other. In some cases this would create wallswim errors, in which case, move the ground around in some way so as to prevent the wallswim.

The Website for WaKF is Finished!

I have loaded the level as-so-far up onto the website. it is, funnily enough, in the "downloads" section.
Go to the Home of WaKF

The areas so far:
  • Pinewood Heights
  • Shinock Reign
  • Ljus
  • Utopica
  • The Future
  • Far Side of Illune Lake
  • That Hover Thing
  • Strange place
  • Utopica Minor
  • Crystal Path - By Bigglernuber

Areas in progress:
    none

Areas I need:
  • Dr. Cliche's Underwater Lab
  • Hahara Mountains
  • Shadowlands
  • Markstone Ridgemine
  • Lunar cheese extraction factory

One last thing, If you are working on it, please feel free to look through the rest of the level and give it a play test. Also, if you feel notice something thats missing, put it in, just make sure you say what you changed in the PM so I can add you into the credits for it as well.

Lets get cracking!

EDIT: B.T.W, this has NOTHING to do with the level of the same name on the old forums.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:29:13 by AClockworkLemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
Re: Within A Knytt Forest (WaKF)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 21:38:28 »
Hopefully you are using COs for animated stuff? If so, it will come far closer to the real thing than any I have seen so far. Good luck!
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 23:24:34 »
A while back I naively started a level just like this. Round about crystal path I realized that I should've ripped all the graphics I needed in one form or another before even starting on the level. I hope this one makes it through.

The areas have to be as accurate as possible, made easy as ONE WaDF screen is EXACTLY equal to TWO KS screens stacked on top of each other. In some cases this would create wallswim errors, in which case, move the ground around in some way so as to prevent the wallswim.
What about the tileset 187 pieces?
Lurk more.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 14:26:29 »
I don't know, if I will have time but I need know who is creating what part.
I would make the part of The Lunar Cheese, but I don't know if someone is creating it.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 05:38:44 »
Sorry, I have not had much access to the forums recently. The Lunar Cheese Extraction Facility is not currently being worked on, If you would like to that would be great. I will send you a link via PM within a week or so. I might have some today, even.
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 00:40:57 »
The website isn't working. Click anywhere to continue, keeps popping up.
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 03:57:31 »
Oh dear, will fix

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 00:09:33 »
*fixed. I had just done a re-vamp of the site, and the link had broken. Sorry it took so lonk, I was busy getting the homebrew channel running on mah Wii

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 05:08:12 »
Triple post FTW!

Unfortunately I dont have much time on my hands at the moment. as a result of this I NEED more participants. for the moment, untill something happens, I am inducing Temporary Stasis on the project. Sorry people, I just dont have time to do the entire thing myself.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Re: Within A Knytt Forest (WaKF) - Basically Dead
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 01:41:41 »
This project is dead (almost) check the top post for details (there arn't many)

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 06:07:13 »
Quadruple post, ftw! Yeah, darn. Sorry things are going so badly.
Lurk more.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 02:00:29 »
damn, i was about to make it a quintuple post... oh well.
as for the project, it was to be expected, i suppose. Mind you, with my new laptop, i might have the ... whatever ...  it takes to continue.

help would still be nice =P

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 10:35:48 »
Sal's right. You may as well post the incomplete version as a demo. It might actually drum up more help for you.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 00:30:58 »
I already have. It is located in the 'downloads' section of it's website, posted on the top post
for those who can't be bothered, the link is
The Home of WaKF