Translations

• 1 Replies

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Translations
« on: November 28, 2009, 12:20:04 »
This isn't exactly the right place, I think, but it seems the most appropriate. Once I finish up a project I began first (a grammar-check for a forum member... unfortunately had a  HDD die on me so I've had to start again from scratch  :sad:) I'm going to translate Les boix venteux by Toudou1620 into english.

This is primarily for my benefit - I like to be able to read the dialogue and signs, and what little I've already translated is really good too IMO - but I was wondering what would be the polite way to handle things if and when I finish it. Obviously I'm not changing anything to imply that it's my work but I don't know any way to reach the author in order to ask his permission  :/

I'd like to be able to distribute it, assuming people would be interested in seeing it in english, but I don't want to go against the author's wishes. Anyone got any suggestions on the best way to handle this? Or even, if I'm really lucky, happen to know how to contact the author? (and write an email in french  :P2)

Re: Translations
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 19:46:27 »
Perhaps you could upload the translated ini, rather than the whole level.
Lurk more.