[Environmental] The Mysterious Grotto (IT'S DONE :U)

• 118 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Well, I'll see if I like it. I just need more stuff, too, like background stuff. Anyone have any good background tilesets that could work well with this?
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

"background tilesets..."
not exactly an oximoron, but...
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
"background tilesets..."
X) I decided I'll make my own cloud tileset. But I have another problem.
The music I'm currently using is HUUUUGE in filesize, so I need a lot of really good music I could use in this level. Just post some and I'll see if I'll put it in TMG.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
"background tilesets..."
The music I'm currently using is HUUUUGE in filesize, so I need a lot of really good music I could use in this level. Just post some and I'll see if I'll put it in TMG.
just convert the music to a lower bitrate and be done.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
"background tilesets..."
just convert the music to a lower bitrate and be done.
...I suppose I could...Alright, I'll do that. And I should also be getting more music. X) But I know where to get it.
EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that Spheric Lounge's music (that's where I got the music) is too quiet. I'm gonna go on Newgrounds and ask people if I could use their music in this level.
EDIT2: Okay, all of the good songs on Newgrounds are too long and will naturally have large filesizes. :( So, starting now, post any music you made that you'd like to see in TMG!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:36:17 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
EDIT: I've come to the conclusion that Spheric Lounge's music (that's where I got the music) is too quiet. I'm gonna go on Newgrounds and ask people if I could use their music in this level.
EDIT2: Okay, all of the good songs on Newgrounds are too long and will naturally have large filesizes. :( So, starting now, post any music you made that you'd like to see in TMG!

If by "quiet" you mean literally too quiet, it's possible to amplify any music.

Any songs that are too long could very easily be edited down and/or changed to a lower bitrate. (You might need the musician's specific permission to edit it. I'm not sure if an edit counts as a derivative work. Probably not.)

Amplifying/editing/bitrate changing can all be done with Audacity.
good bye

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page

If by "quiet" you mean literally too quiet, it's possible to amplify any music.

Any songs that are too long could very easily be edited down and/or changed to a lower bitrate. (You might need the musician's specific permission to edit it. I'm not sure if an edit counts as a derivative work. Probably not.)

Amplifying/editing/bitrate changing can all be done with Audacity.
Yes, that is what I mean by "too quiet," but even making it louder would...I don't know how to explain it, but...I don't know! DX I'll post the music I'm using when my Internet stops acting up.
EDIT: Here they are: FWEE! X3

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
Hum. I just looked at some of that music, and the three tracks I looked at were actually louder than the default KS music (on average).
good bye

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Hum. I just looked at some of that music, and the three tracks I looked at were actually louder than the default KS music (on average).
Really? o.0 Maybe it's just me. *shrugs* (Also, Under the Ice is one of the default KS songs. :O) Well, I'll download more ('cause I need more; I only have 8 songs. D:) and decrease the bitrate.
EDIT: ...ZOMFG! D: My computer said it would take an hour to download just one song! And this computer's fast, too! T-T It didn't do this last time (that I can remember) so why's it doing it now?

...Oh, well...Anyone know a site with good music? That I can legally use in this level (obviously)?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:19:18 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
Also, Under the Ice is one of the default KS songs. :O

No it isn't. It contains a four-note figure that is very similar to a figure occurring in one of the KS tracks, but the track itself is not in KS. (You can see all five of the musicians who did work for the game in KS's credits section.)

...Oh, well...Anyone know a site with good music? That I can legally use in this level (obviously)?

A quick Googling comes up with several sites that have Creative Commons-licensed music, then the Creative Commons site itself has a search thing that lets you find legally usable music. (Be sure to check the relevant license information, though, before using any music, as there might be a few situations where the license would prohibit this sort of use.)
good bye

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Also, Under the Ice is one of the default KS songs. :O

No it isn't. It contains a four-note figure that is very similar to a figure occurring in one of the KS tracks, but the track itself is not in KS. (You can see all five of the musicians who did work for the game in KS's credits section.)

A quick Googling comes up with several sites that have Creative Commons-licensed music, then the Creative Commons site itself has a search thing that lets you find legally usable music. (Be sure to check the relevant license information, though, before using any music, as there might be a few situations where the license would prohibit this sort of use.)
...You need to ask Paula if you could use her "Helpful Mod" userbar. :P Seriously, thanks. Though I guess I coulda got off my lazy butt and done it myself. :oops:

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
So, starting now, post any music you made that you'd like to see in TMG!

Does this request still stand? I might have something for you. :)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
So, starting now, post any music you made that you'd like to see in TMG!

Does this request still stand? I might have something for you. :)
Yeah, I guess. Post away.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:34:49 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Hate to double-post, but I am officially out of ideas. If someone doesn't give me any good ideas or tilesets, I may need to abandon this. Which I would reeeealllly hate to do! :sad:

I'm working on a tileset, and it's turned out great so far, but I, too, have run out of ideas. (Actually I'm just trying to draw something :P)
Lurk more.