[Environmental] The Mysterious Grotto (IT'S DONE :U)

• 118 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
I meant where else could you set a level besides stereotypical spots.
So that's a "yes" to underwater labs? XD
lol it's your level.

EDIT: Ooh. I like that you attatched a map. Quite a few screens there.
And it's still growing. :O
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

4a

Are you gonna use custom objects? That is the big thing these days. >.>
An environmental level ought to have new things to look at. It's not that big still, but I'm assuming you intend for it to be larger--in which case you'll want to have a lot of variety, which custom objects would assuredly help with.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
That is the big thing these days. >.>
Yeah, I don't see why everyone is so worked up over custom objects. It's a nice addition for sure, but unless you pull it of extremely well and make sure that no two objects on the screen are in sync, it will look weird.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

4a

That is the big thing these days. >.>
Yeah, I don't see why everyone is so worked up over custom objects. It's a nice addition for sure, but unless you pull it of extremely well and make sure that no two objects on the screen are in sync, it will look weird.

Oh, I'm sure that's easy, since you can control the speed of custom objects anyway.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Wait...your having 115 screens for each grotto?

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
@ Evil: Uhh...no...The top part is one half of the game, the lower section is another half (excluding that small strip below the lower half; that's Niffane Beta). Those 3x2 boxes you see on the far left of the sections is the Pirate Ship, which allows you to go between those two areas. I may add other areas you can go to via the Pirate Ship, like Gaia.

@ 4a: Of course! :crazy: I've already made 20 public COs and 2 other ones, one of which may be released once I release this level.

@ Razzorman:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
This looks great. Keep it up.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
You should use my new tileset in there  ;) http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=410.0
Id like to see it put to good use. Besides, youre missing a snow area.  :^^:

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
You should use my new tileset in there  ;) http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=410.0
*downloads tileset* Of course. Every level needs a snow area. :crazy: Also, anybody know any good cloud tilesets?

EDIT: Or any good music, small in file size?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:59:15 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline Evil

• View Profile
*downloads tileset* Of course. Every level needs a snow area. :crazy: Also, anybody know any good cloud tilesets?

EDIT: Or any good music, small in file size?

Nifflas has a default (CLOUD) tileset.

Offline utherdoul

• View Profile
This keeps looking better and better. I enjoyed the demos on the old forum - the beehive had very nice usage of COs.

I don't remember if that was a demo for this, or another one of your levels, but there was an excellent PumpkinBot CO which gave me an idea - perhaps an 'Behind the Screen' area where Juni passes through the fourth wall and fiddles around with motherboards, processors, etc - perhaps even sliding down the Intarweb cable to end up in the forum (I know, that's sort of been done, but it could be done differently - with COs of certain users such as mods, etc... Maybe even Nifflas on his AdminThroneTM? Like a combination of the Nifftown level with the Forum part of Don't Eat the Mushroom).

Also, if you need any tileset help, gimme a shout. I'm always happy to lend a hand.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
This keeps looking better and better. I enjoyed the demos on the old forum - the beehive had very nice usage of COs.

I don't remember if that was a demo for this, or another one of your levels, but there was an excellent PumpkinBot CO which gave me an idea - perhaps an 'Behind the Screen' area where Juni passes through the fourth wall and fiddles around with motherboards, processors, etc - perhaps even sliding down the Intarweb cable to end up in the forum (I know, that's sort of been done, but it could be done differently - with COs of certain users such as mods, etc... Maybe even Nifflas on his AdminThroneTM? Like a combination of the Nifftown level with the Forum part of Don't Eat the Mushroom).

Also, if you need any tileset help, gimme a shout. I'm always happy to lend a hand.
The first part with the beehive was this level, and the part with my Pumpkinbot was The Terrain Deviates. And lemme see what tilesets you have made. I want to see if I could use some of the ones you've already made. :3 I may make a Vista area, but don't count on it. (And I hate Mac, so don't suggest it. <_<)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
[doublepost]I really need a good cloud tileset. I tried using Gorillateef's Knytt Clouds conversion, but I don't really like it. (Conversions never look as good as the originals. :/) So if anyone knows where to find a good cloud tileset, post, please. :)[/doublepost]

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
How 'bout this one by Comhon?
It may look simple, but it is actually pretty darn awesome.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 22:10:43 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D