[Challenge/Puzzle]Legend of Gardon

• 57 Replies

Offline NintendoMaster

• Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    • View Profile
Re: [Undecided]Legend of Gardon
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 22:03:33 »
NoA is the headquarters of Nintendo in America. There's no reason Nintendo in Japan would give permission if NoA wouldn't, and they'd likely redirect any English inquiries to Nintendo of America.
...wut? XD Then I have no idea why they don't have the authority to let him use that song.

Who said they didn't? That reply just says that Nintendo properties are so popular that they get constant requests for permission for their use, and that because they get so many, they can't possibly reasonably examine each one and give permission based on what it's for. So, they just reject requests, and suggest that it might be possible for you to use some of their property under fair use depending on where you live.
Ah, thank you. NintendoMaster, listen to this man! X)

Basicly guys, My level is going fine BUT... It will take quite a few weeks before its complete as i'm being helped by a good friend on the forum with it currently. (Guess who :P) Anyway i'm releasing another short/medium level soon to give you something to in the mean time. :)

And I may still use the theme. As Googoogjoob explained, They don't probs read everyones emails thoroughly. Heck, its maybe even a bot repeating the same anwser all the time! Anyway, I did explain that this level is part of a non profit game plus the Theme is quite old. In conclusion I'm considering still using it. The themes only in a small area anyway.

Queen and Led Zeppelin fan forever!

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 22:11:29 »
NoA is the headquarters of Nintendo in America. There's no reason Nintendo in Japan would give permission if NoA wouldn't, and they'd likely redirect any English inquiries to Nintendo of America.
...wut? XD Then I have no idea why they don't have the authority to let him use that song.

Who said they didn't? That reply just says that Nintendo properties are so popular that they get constant requests for permission for their use, and that because they get so many, they can't possibly reasonably examine each one and give permission based on what it's for. So, they just reject requests, and suggest that it might be possible for you to use some of their property under fair use depending on where you live.
Ah, thank you. NintendoMaster, listen to this man! X)

Basicly guys, My level is going fine BUT... It will take quite a few weeks before its complete as i'm being helped by a good friend on the forum with it currently. (Guess who :P) Anyway i'm releasing another short/medium level soon to give you something to in the mean time. :)

And I may still use the theme. As Googoogjoob explained, They don't probs read everyones emails thoroughly. Heck, its maybe even a bot repeating the same anwser all the time! Anyway, I did explain that this level is part of a non profit game plus the Theme is quite old. In conclusion I'm considering still using it. The themes only in a small area anyway.
So you know if you get into any trouble by using that song, it's your fault, right?
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 22:14:15 »
Pumkinbot, As I said I MIGHT consider using it. I am aware of the rules and laws of copyright you know. If I have to remove it i'll just find a none copyright song instead.

And by the way, I'm sending the beta to you now Via pm. :)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 22:16:02 »
Pumkinbot, As I said I MIGHT consider using it. I am aware of the rules and laws of copyright you know. If I have to remove it i'll just find a none copyright song instead.

And by the way, I'm sending the beta to you now Via pm. :)
Uhh...Okay. :)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 04:28:51 »
To be technical, I don't think any song can by copyright-free. An artist gets a copyright over their song when they make it, and can enforce it as long as they can prove that it's their intellectual property.
...Or I think Nifflas told me something along those lines in a PM on the old forum. :P
grao!

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 04:41:03 »
Any art is put under copyright the moment it is created, copyrighted to the creator. However, if the creator (or, if they've transferred the copyright to someone else, then that person) explicitly states that their work is not copyrighted, then it isn't.
good bye

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 17:40:43 »
In an update, The level type has been decided, Thanks Pumpkinbot :D

And a beta is coming very soon, I promise! :)

Re: [Challenge/Puzzle]Legend of Gardon
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2009, 18:17:55 »
In an update, The level type has been decided, Thanks Pumpkinbot :D
Well, what is it? Not to seem pushy or anything, but a level genre isn't something I'd keep secret.
Lurk more.

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2009, 18:20:58 »
Oh sorry Pineapple, I updated the first post but it didn't update all of them.  :oops:

It is Challenge/Puzzle genre. :)

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2009, 09:58:00 »
Hmm.....
I must say it is very interesting, looking like new nice level.

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2009, 19:16:50 »
In an update people!

I have found a new remix of the Forest temple theme.

I have emailed the creator and he said YES.

So now that worrie is over. Also the boss battle is complete. (major thanks to sal) :)

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2009, 23:35:10 »
so I get to help out with the music for this level. be in for some amazing music folks!
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline NintendoMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2009, 23:41:24 »
Thanks Lilmanjs. ;)

You've been a good help. (Must remember to credit you in the credits.)
Remember the song's I need converted are.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Edit: New screenshot's.
If you decide to look at them, It's your choice however, they may spoil the suprise. ;)

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4333/screenshotdin.png

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6766/screenshot2nhw.png
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 16:25:33 by NintendoMaster »