Can I Post a Favorite Knytt Stories Level Topic?

• 10 Replies
Can I Post a Favorite Knytt Stories Level Topic?
« on: March 07, 2009, 18:14:52 »
I'm new, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.  I didn't see anything about it in the Rules or FAQ, so I'm asking here.  I've played quite a few levels, and I know that on the old board people would post lists of their favorite levels and such.  Is there some place I can do that here, or will there be a place to do that when the Level Archive is complete?  Thanks for your help.

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
Re: Can I Post a Favorite Knytt Stories Level Topic?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 18:40:48 »
Welcome m'friend!  I'm not a MOD, but!  I do believe you could in fact do that!  Be sure to post it in the Knytt Stories Board!
Teeeheee

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 19:25:36 »
uhm. well...this hasn't really been discussed among the staff, but the general gist was not to bring back favourite level lists. at least not officially. Seeing that there will be a rating system, levels that are outstanding in the public opinion are going to be relatively easy to determine when it's done.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 19:33:52 »
Still, favorite lists would be a nice touch. :)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 19:40:51 »
Seeing that there will be a rating system, levels that are outstanding in the public opinion are going to be relatively easy to determine when it's done.
Oooo. Cool.
Lurk more.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 19:48:42 »
uhm. well...this hasn't really been discussed among the staff, but the general gist was not to bring back favourite level lists. at least not officially. Seeing that there will be a rating system, levels that are outstanding in the public opinion are going to be relatively easy to determine when it's done.
What if we just had one topic where everyone posted their favorites, instead of a whole forum of favorite topics?

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 19:49:23 »
what if NO, and you just wait until the archive is properly redone? and see then if you still need that?
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 20:03:44 »
I agree with Paula here. The new system will allow you to see what levels are popular, and when the archive scripting is done, we can see if it adds value to having a favorites list. One reason why I want to prevent to have one now, is because if we do allow such list to exist, then all lists will have to be remade with levels from the knyttlevels.com archive, because I bet people will link to levels currently in the archive, and those links will simply stop working when the new system and need modification. To prevent having a half useless topic (I don't expect that everyone fixes their list, as it happened before) so it just doesn't work right now.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 20:48:57 »
All right, it was just an idea.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 21:51:14 »
I think the favs should be organized too. Some levels look really crappy, but are still very fun to play. Whereas others have custom tilesets and ambience and whatnot, but the challenges aren't that great.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 22:13:00 »
Why does every topic about knyttstories levels is resulting in people giving their suggestions?

Each time I see one, I lock such topic. So now you know!

*locked*
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex