[Hard, puzzle, Challenge]The Quest of Unknown Length (Working Title)

• 33 Replies

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
General Inquiries is the safest one to ask, as they'll probably forward you to the appropriate person.
If you want to go the direct route, though, Licensing does seem to be the one that deals with your request (judging from the Film Festival Request Form)...
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
oh i didn't even realize it was Explosions. good choice  :^^: they're an incredible band.
try either "Band" or "General Inquiries"

Offline Widget

• View Profile
If it's appropriately defined as a hard level I'd be more than happy to beta test for you, though if it's pushing the upper limits of that or creeping into VH then I'm simply not good enough to be any use to you. I'd hate to take a beta slot and then be unable to finish the level  :P

I'd also understand if you'd rather have someone with more of a presence around here  :^^:

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
also, i believe that you don't have to have a myspace to view myspace music pages. and the bands usually have an email on their 'space.

Offline Xia

• View Profile
General Inquiries is the safest one to ask, as they'll probably forward you to the appropriate person.
If you want to go the direct route, though, Licensing does seem to be the one that deals with your request (judging from the Film Festival Request Form)...

okay I'll try that.

If it's appropriately defined as a hard level I'd be more than happy to beta test for you, though if it's pushing the upper limits of that or creeping into VH then I'm simply not good enough to be any use to you. I'd hate to take a beta slot and then be unable to finish the level  :P

I'd also understand if you'd rather have someone with more of a presence around here  :^^:

Yeah you may want to pass this one up. Sorry. While the actual level isn't all that hard, the bosses are pretty tricky. But if you think you can handle it let me know and I'll add you to the list.

also, i believe that you don't have to have a myspace to view myspace music pages. and the bands usually have an email on their 'space.

Yes I can see the pages, I just can't post on them.
[medium size, two endings, hard difficulty] Flight.
Coming soon! The Quest of Unknown Length

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
also if you dont get a reply im positive you can find some really good music here http://www.incompetech.com/ I get all my music from there, you don't need to contact anyone just credit the author (being kevin macleod) alot easier than sending emails all over the place,

also if theres room i'd like to beta test :3

oh and those screenies are really cool :P2

Offline Xia

• View Profile
also if you dont get a reply im positive you can find some really good music here http://www.incompetech.com/ I get all my music from there, you don't need to contact anyone just credit the author (being kevin macleod) alot easier than sending emails all over the place,

also if theres room i'd like to beta test :3

oh and those screenies are really cool :P2

Cool, I'll add you to the list. Thanks the music, I'll check it out and see if it works.

edit: lol only found one song so far.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:54:08 by Xia »

I would like to beta test.
Lurk more.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
I just realised my post was really off topic-ish yeah you can convert the music files to .ogg using audacity, im sure its explained somewhere ont he forums if its not then i guess i have a tutorial i can write :D lol

yeah, thanks for adding me i'll be waiting for the preview thingy :P2

Offline Xia

• View Profile
I would like to beta test.

Awesome. Number five is in!

I just realised my post was really off topic-ish yeah you can convert the music files to .ogg using audacity, im sure its explained somewhere ont he forums if its not then i guess i have a tutorial i can write :D lol

Yeah I know how to do all that. My last level had a lot of music that had to be turned .ogg so I'm well acquainted with the process. Plus I do it for some other games. Thanks though.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Yeah you may want to pass this one up. Sorry. While the actual level isn't all that hard, the bosses are pretty tricky. But if you think you can handle it let me know and I'll add you to the list.

No apology required  :^^: Last thing I wasnt to do is waste one of your tester slots  :P2

Offline Boxtop

• Feh.
    • View Profile
    • Boxtop's Website

You can also try Newgrounds's Audio Portal or Spheric Lounge's website for music under a creative commons licence.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 05:18:08 by Boxtop »
<insert witty signature here>

Offline Xia

• View Profile

You can also try Newgrounds's Audio Portal or Spheric Lounge's website for music under a creative commons licence.

Cool thanks, I totally forgot about newgrounds. XD With spheric Lounge how do I download their music?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 18:03:10 by Xia »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
With spheric Lounge how do I download their music?
Click the black arrow right next to the songs in their player.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Xia

• View Profile
With spheric Lounge how do I download their music?
Click the black arrow right next to the songs in their player.

Well I already knew about that button but it gave me an idea for how to get it working and now I can get music from them.