Vengance problemo

• 5 Replies

Offline syeager

• View Profile
Vengance problemo
« on: November 15, 2009, 20:30:30 »
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I was playing vengance, except there was no intro, ending, or cutscenes.Please tell me what's wrong.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
Re: Vengance problemo
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 20:38:19 »
It's hard to say exactly what's wrong in this type of situation. I suppose the best help I can give is try downloading it again, if the cutscenes are wanted. It could have been anything from a corrupt file to a version without cutscenes for some odd reason.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 06:48:21 »
Before we call it a problem with cutscenes, I'm first going to look for answers in the level itself.

I downloaded Vengeance by Bass from knyttlevels. It was a 47.2MB knytt.bin file.  Is this the same one you downloaded?

Playing it, no intro cutscene plays for me.

Looking into the folder... there is no Intro cutscene folder! Which settles that.
There is a cutscene called Ending, but
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
The game does not have a custom-named endings set in any rooms.  I searched World.ini and found no such thing.  This means that the Ending cutscene should play when the player beats the level.  But that's assuming there is a WIN object at the end of the level; I don't want to spoil the level by looking through it in the editor, but I'm assuming this is a finished level with a WIN object at the end.

The other cutscenes are set and do work for me.
Like if you walk left from the beginning, one happens quite early.

It is notable that none of the cutscenes have any music. But this doesn't appear to be a problem, per say; the author just didn't get to giving them music (or he wanted them to be silent).  Their lines in World.ini under [Cutscene Music] is blank.

So if none of them are playing (such as the one very early on where
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
, then you may have a unique problem on your hands. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:06:06 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 15:57:59 »
There are supposed to be endings and cutscenes and stuff in the level. You probably downloaded the beta version. (it happened to me when I was going to show it to a friend)
Hang on, I'll look for a link to the finished version.

Edit: All the links on the old forum appear to be broken, and the one on the archive seems to be missing some cutscenes. I'll look through the old thread to see if anyone reposted it. If no one did that, then I'll upload my version.

Double edit: Here you go. :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 17:14:21 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline syeager

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 02:57:56 »
I think my problem may be i downloaded the beta version. Thanks Razzorman. ;)

Offline syeager

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 02:21:20 »
Razzorman, you were right!!!!!!!  8D Thanks a billion.