leathal custom object?

• 8 Replies

Offline me

• Derp
    • View Profile
leathal custom object?
« on: November 07, 2009, 23:47:40 »
is it possible to make a lethal custom obj.
im wanting to use it for some enemies.  also, is it possible to make a CO that shoots stuff at you?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: leathal custom object?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 00:03:48 »
No and no.

Since there's no collision mask in custom objects, you cannot be hit or moved by one. If you create a stationary animation, you could put kill tiles over/under it, but as soon as you want something that moves away from its tile, you will not be able to do that lethally, unless you'll modify the source itself and create a mod. But creating a mod is much more complicated than just level editing by itself.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline me

• Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 00:13:25 »
thanks, im gonna keep the post up in case someone comes up with something

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:35:38 »
To make a CO that shoots stuff, you CAN make the shooter and the bullet/laser/whatever in one large CO. But you can't make it deadly.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:08:56 »
You COULD however, make a one path line, lay a custom object if front of a fire object, and have it shoot bullets at EXACTLY the same time the fire would shoot. You would still see the bullets shoot through your dead body, though XD
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 09:38:55 »
it can't be that hard coding wise, tilesets all have a collision mask, so it can't be that hard to implement.  we just need someone with alot of time and skills XD

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 00:56:18 »
The extension used for the custom objects are not collision masked like normal objects, and because of that, you can't make them solid or hurtful or anything like that. I know this because one of the first things I did in KSA was attempt to make them hurtful. The result was a single pixel was hurtful, and the rest was not. I'm not here to say it isn't possible, but it's not easily done, if it were, someone would have done it. The best thing we could hope for is the extension maker to make proper collision masks for it. I too wish this would be done, even if I'm not really playing with KS or fooling about with KSA anymore, but I don't think anyone should get their hopes up that this will be done, or even soon, or even without a lot of bugs.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 01:33:14 »
A single red pixel in the middle of the object, to be exact.
Lurk more.