[Lunatic, Challenge] MW's 'Unbeatable' V3

• 17 Replies
[Lunatic, Challenge] MW's 'Unbeatable' V3
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:01:36 »
Back by popular demand, an obstacle course that's bound to kill a player least five times, and then they get to the NEXT screen!

MW's 'Unbeatable' V3: Download here

Upgrades from V2:

-Music changed on most screens and will continue playing.
-A few more screens added, about 5 or so before the red castle.
-Almost every single obstacle has been given a 'revamp' to make it harder than it was originally. ONE obstacle was changed to be easier (I gave up after 25 deaths :/ )
-A new castle has been added! Dare you enter the gray castle and its challenges?
-A beginning and ending has been added to give it a little 'plot.'

Q&A:
Q:"Why is your game too easy/hard?"
A: The difficulty depends upon the player in the end. If it's too easy, I'm sorry. If it's too hard, I'm sorry, but not nearly as sorry as I would have been if it were too easy.

Q:"Why remake? Why not just make a new game?"
A: I've been in the process of making a new game but I've made a couple fatal flaws in it that I need to fix...it involves some new scripting that I'm unfamiliar with so, until then, enjoy the remake.

Q:"Why not remake The Dark Castle?"
A: I've tried. Honestly, I can't alter what I consider a pretty fun and hard game in the FIRST place.

Q:"Where is the 'no second chance' version?"
A: It was too 'unbeatable'. If you can beat this version without saving you may as well make a video of it. I'd be impressed.

Q:"Where are the screenshots?"
A: If you've played the first version, you probably have a good idea what you're going up with.
But there is a picture of one of the obstacles, just a warning that it the obstacle is in the game, but what Juni says is not.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:03:08 by Mystery_Wolf »

Re: [Lunatic, Challenge] MW's 'Unbeatable' V3
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 01:28:13 »
ONE obstacle was changed to be easier (I gave up after 25 deaths :/ )
Wimp
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 01:30:39 »
Play my game... Ascent to death. Didn't make traps easier and its possible. Purple pineapple went nuts after he beta tested it:P

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 01:42:36 »
There should be a new difficulty level introduced into the game and I'd vote to call it "Insanity Plus". That's where this one would live. Ouch.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:47:58 »
Play my game... Ascent to death. Didn't make traps easier and its possible. Purple pineapple went nuts after he beta tested it:P
Hah...it was one trap and it was more based on luck than anything else which was annoying on it's own. Granted there are at least two like that in their own different ways but still that's why it had to be done.
I haven't tried it yet...but I probably should now.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:11:31 »
@Mystery Wolf: The trap wasn't all that luck based, actually. A few were, but not the repeated one.

@the level: Okay. You really shouldn't make the player guess and check 4 digits of a code. Two, maybe. But definitely not more. I'm stopping there.
Lurk more.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:20:32 »
@Mystery Wolf: The trap wasn't all that luck based, actually. A few were, but not the repeated one.

@the level: Okay. You really shouldn't make the player guess and check 4 digits of a code. Two, maybe. But definitely not more. I'm stopping there.
Who says you're guessing?
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:26:39 by Mystery_Wolf »

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 03:48:49 »
I don't do puzzle levels, ok?
Lurk more.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 15:27:51 »

Ya. I think four is overkill. Two is reasonable. One is easy. What is three.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 16:21:23 »
@gangstas:medium? lol

i played a little bit of the level was really hard D: but im not the type to play the super hardcore knytt stories levels XD

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 00:59:17 »
I'm just not understanding the puzzle part of it. Others who have played it managed to figure out the clue just fine if you knew what images the switches go to. Albiet the answer isn't ENTIRELY obvious, but if you know your switches then it's really quite easy.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:03:22 by Mystery_Wolf »

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 01:06:14 »
I know pretty well the order of switches. As I said before, I don't do puzzle levels.
Lurk more.

Offline ErSorro

• void main ()
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 23:55:12 »
This level is lunatic, no doubt!! About the finish scene

About the puzzle of the switches... the solution is obvious. I don't see where is a puzzle there... reaching them is the difficulty.

Wolf, congratulations for your fantastic job!
Don't worry, they're only four raindrops... - Noah

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 23:29:38 »
This level is lunatic, no doubt!! About the finish scene

About the puzzle of the switches... the solution is obvious. I don't see where is a puzzle there... reaching them is the difficulty.

Wolf, congratulations for your fantastic job!
That's why I didn't really know weither or not to consider it a puzzle, I wanted to add switches to this version too but I'm not that great at giving hints so I figured 'why not just make the answer really easy, but make the switches a pain to step on.'
And I think it paid off, about 3 others have commented that, while the solution is easy, it's making the switches change itself that's a pain.

To all who think the puzzle is too challenging, I quote
Quote from: Mystery_Wolf
If it's too hard, I'm sorry, but not nearly as sorry as I would have been if it were too easy.

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 02:35:02 »
There should be a new difficulty level introduced into the game and I'd vote to call it "Insanity Plus". That's where this one would live. Ouch.
That's one wise comment