KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #825 on: December 31, 2013, 12:34:31 »
I'll extend the deadline until the 12 of January - that's not Twelfth Night but it gives people a couple of weekends to play with.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 31, 2013, 12:39:50 »
Great. I'll have time to make all cutscenes and maybe I will add Christmas tree (yeah, I made such level without single one).

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #827 on: January 01, 2014, 22:56:22 »
I've started something... don't know if I'll finish or not, but it has been fun just doing a little ks work.

Edit:  So I just found default tileset 99, Frost Heave by Julian Winter.  I'm liking it, but there are some oddities about it I would have to fix to be able to use it well.  He has a link to a web site on the tileset but I can't seem to access it.  So, I guess I'll do the regular assume that edit is ok and just give credit?

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 12, 2014, 05:32:51 »
So, how are people handling their Christmas levels? I know I dropped the ball on mine, but I hope at least some of you have finshed/are going to finish!

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 12, 2014, 11:50:51 »
Oh no! I totally forget it's today (really). I have built level with music, but I have almost no cutscenes (and they're awful). I'm afraid I will need few hours to draw the rest.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:24 »
Well as I have no entries, I'm happy to wait longer. Who's working on something? How long do they need?

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #831 on: January 12, 2014, 20:46:23 »
Weelllll.... I'll work on mine a mite bit, but it will by nothing but a bare bones level.  As for due date... I don't know.  I really don't what with 2 kids always calling my attention.  I'll post it here regardless of when I get it done. 

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 12, 2014, 22:23:07 »
Here is my entry. It deals with Czech Christmas tradition, presents are not brought by Santa Claus but by Baby Jesus in the evening on 24thDecember, town is not full of Christmas lights (there should be some X-mas trees and Advent wreaths, but I didn't manage to draw them) and custom music are Czech carols.
I hope that story of this level won't offense anyone, it's all meant as a joke.

« Reply #833 on: January 12, 2014, 23:12:48 »
Here is my entry. It deals with Czech Christmas tradition, presents are not brought by Santa Claus but by Baby Jesus in the evening on 24thDecember, town is not full of Christmas lights (there should be some X-mas trees and Advent wreaths, but I didn't manage to draw them) and custom music are Czech carols.
I hope that story of this level won't offense anyone, it's all meant as a joke.

I like your level. Found all endings and a glitch.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 13, 2014, 05:09:49 »
Well as I have no entries, I'm happy to wait longer. Who's working on something? How long do they need?
I have a short level I can probably finish tomorrow or Tuesday. It's going to be very short, though.

Polana: I loved your level! I thought it was very funny and cute. Some thoughts:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
All in all, good stuff! Probably gonna beat the pants off my level, if I even get a chance to release it.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 13, 2014, 12:23:10 »
Thank you. And don't worry about moomins, they are quite popular here.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 30, 2014, 23:58:23 »
Well, I finished my level. It's attached to this post. It's probably way too late to judge this competition, but I am pretty with conceding to Polana on this one, especially since he actually finished his on time.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 31, 2014, 00:18:01 »
Your one contains much more pleasant Christmas and has better atmosphere. And I like your party endings.
Also, I didn't finish mine at all and I don't think I will until next X-mass.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 31, 2014, 23:54:16 »
It seems we're at an impasse, then. Talps, would you mind coming back to the thread?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #839 on: February 01, 2014, 05:53:20 »
Healy, I really enjoyed your level. It's satisfying to see my tilesets being used so well.
Spoiler: Adorable (click to show/hide)