KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #810 on: January 21, 2013, 00:35:28 »
A worthy adversary![/pompous]

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 21, 2013, 15:09:44 »
OK, good luck Healy  ;).

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 21, 2013, 18:24:23 »
Before I wade through all 55 pages of this thread: do you usually also post your levels in the level release forum, so that I may actually already have some/most of them? Or is this thread the only place where I can find them?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #813 on: January 21, 2013, 18:34:43 »
Typically, people have made threads for 'serious' entries while directly posting the more hastily-assembled ones in the thread. There are some exceptions, though. I throw most of mine here.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 09, 2013, 00:14:12 »
Considering I was (about a year ago) the only person to enter the last KS competition, I like to think I won it and, though this has died down, I'd also like to take the chance to have one last shout at running a KS competition.

So here we go.

The theme is (perhaps unsurprisingly) Christmas! I want festive KS levels, however you choose to interpret that. Creativity is fun. I also like stories so, as I will be judging, having some sort of plot, simple or complex, might win you a few extra points.

Closing date is the end of 2013; you must post your entries before New Year's Day.

Hopefully this will breathe a little life back into KS for a while. Please consider entering if only for the fun of it. Good luck everyone! *Goes off to listen to carols on YouTube*

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #815 on: December 09, 2013, 00:36:59 »
I applaud your effort to get this going and anyone who enters!

I will attempt something come my Christmas and New Years vacation, but it is pretty impossible until then, and only iffy durring vacation.  :/  Kids keep one quite busy.

What are the chances of an upload of all the known KS christmas tilesets?  Obviously the stuff from Endless Winter...

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 11, 2013, 05:46:51 »
I have a pretty big collection of Christmas themed tilesets. (I've made more than one Christmas level over the years, so I'd better have!) Don't think that it's every Christmas tileset ever released, but it's quite a few. I'll also throw in the Endless Winter titlesets, plus a number of other good Wintry tilesets as well. For the heck of it, I'll even throw in Candy Garden, which some folks might find useful.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:53:49 by Healy »

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 11, 2013, 14:49:57 »
Cool. One of them is new for me, so thanks for posting. I will add two more Candy garden tilesets, they're from Widget's collection.
Anyway, I'm thinking of joining the competition too.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 11, 2013, 21:57:15 »
Yay!

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 11, 2013, 22:29:36 »
[...] they're from Widget's collection.

:huh: Qué?
I've actually never created a tileset, level or collection of levels for KS, or any other Nifflas game. I assume you mean TheYeIIowDuck's "Epic Old Knytt Stories Level Dump" which was (and still is) being shared as a torrent in the Knytt Stories Level Releases forum? All I did for it was create a content list and find a few alternate download locations.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 11, 2013, 23:09:20 »
No. There is some archive with 100 tilesets grabbed from the old forum I've downloaded long time ago. I can't find any link to it and I don't have original archive any more, but I have them in the folder named 'Widget', so I thought it was ou who had made it.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #821 on: December 12, 2013, 05:32:53 »
Here's the interior tiles that go with my exterior Tundra compatible tiles which Healy posted. There was one unused tile, so I've hastily updated it with a festive tree. :) Did anyone bestow a star upon Healy? I'll do it. *gives star*

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 13, 2013, 01:46:50 »
No. There is some archive with 100 tilesets grabbed from the old forum I've downloaded long time ago. I can't find any link to it and I don't have original archive any more, but I have them in the folder named 'Widget', so I thought it was ou who had made it.

Oh, my apologies. I've never seen that, myself. I can only assume I chose a handle that had previously been used by someone else :oops: It's certainly not a particularly original username, though it's the first time I've run into this sort of confusion over it.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 14, 2013, 23:46:59 »
Here's the interior tiles that go with my exterior Tundra compatible tiles which Healy posted. There was one unused tile, so I've hastily updated it with a festive tree. :) Did anyone bestow a star upon Healy? I'll do it. *gives star*

Thanks! I'll also share this link I find while browsing, Christmas Carols by Ralph Rousseau. It's a bunch of Christmas carols performed on the strings, and they're all released under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license. Plus, I'm pretty sure the songs are all old standards from the 1800s or thereabouts, so the tunes themselves should be under public domain as well. Don't quote me on this, though, because there are a couple that I'm unsure about.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 31, 2013, 07:29:20 »
Would it be too late to ask for an extension on this competition? Like, maybe 'til Twelfth Night?