KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #720 on: April 25, 2012, 02:06:16 »
Oh my. One week, you say...
If that's not motivation to get off my lazy bottom, I don't know what is...

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #721 on: April 25, 2012, 13:57:11 »
I'm in. One question, would it be OK if I just added my level to this thread rather than creating a whole new one?

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 25, 2012, 15:38:41 »
Sure! Just make sure to mention in the thread that you made a new level.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 25, 2012, 17:58:17 »
I will try. I want to make a quick level for this tileset, although it has and may have a few more changes in comparison to those screenshots. But I can't promise anything, I apparently suck at small and quick (I tried that with Obey and it didn't go very well) so it may be another case of things taking way longer than necessary. But I will do my best.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #724 on: April 25, 2012, 20:38:32 »
I don't know how or why, but this "you've got one week to make a level" thing is somehow inspiring. I'll try to complete a strange little level about a castle. It might even get some spring trees to it, to conform with one of the themes. :D

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #725 on: April 26, 2012, 03:44:56 »
Hmmm... I don't think I can do it, but it might be worth a try to do something very small...

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #726 on: April 28, 2012, 14:49:06 »
I just made a Spring version of my tileset in case anybody wants to work that theme into their level!

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 29, 2012, 14:01:21 »
I'm having a lot of fun making a level for this "competition". Working on Time Fixes Everything became very boring because it is now mostly making new CO's and cutscenes, and not a lot of level design, which is obviously the fun part. But this level is just me making a nice tileset and a bunch of screens, and I love doing those two things. I have to thank Healy for pushing us towards creating more, I don't know why but just that simple challenge made it a lot easier to jump into a new level.
Right now I have 3 different areas, each with their own tileset, and I just want to add one more.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #728 on: April 29, 2012, 23:12:32 »
I've managed to make a level in time :^^: See the releases board.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 30, 2012, 01:41:46 »
I'm extremely unlikely to finish by the due date, but will finish as it is just a small level.  Yeah, even though I've rarely finished levels for the level competition, most of my levels I started BECAUSE of the level competition.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 30, 2012, 03:58:41 »
I've managed to make a level in time :^^: See the releases board.

Good job! I made a (small) reply in your thread and gave you a star as well. Hope this is just the first in a long line of entries!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #731 on: April 30, 2012, 21:28:12 »
Phew. I just finished two levels for this event!

The first is Snowflake, which is a level I started for caevstroy and dave.germain's 'no solid objects' competition, but didn't complete due to being immensely dissatisfied with it. Nonetheless, I decided to finish and release it today. Special thanks to caevstroy for helping me redesign a few of the rooms in this.

The second is OH MAN GO TIIIM3, which I started specifically for this challenge. It's pretty strange, so I look forward to seeing what people think of it.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 01, 2012, 03:51:39 »
Here is my submission:
Tewniletes

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 01, 2012, 04:01:08 »
Excellent! Three more levels have been brought about due to this event. Let's hope there's more to come!

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 01, 2012, 12:20:32 »
I've got 50% of my 10-15 screens done, but I also have about 20% of my tile work left, the "programing," and I need to find music.  I also need to figure out how to do a slow fade to black... I suppose with an animated object.  So, I'm guessing I'll take another month, since the technical stuff is what slows me down.  :shrug:

Edit:  Wow, there appears to be a great deal of good content coming out of this competition.  I can't wait to play these levels.