KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #690 on: December 12, 2011, 22:31:45 »
Actually, I'm working on a level for this right now! Which reminds me, is it alright if I use some of your music from Nine Days? I'm especially thinking of using your drumbeat, and maybe some of the other tunes as well.

Of course you may! I would really like to collaborate with you properly one day, though.

Haha, thanks! And we almost did kind of collaborate on EK3, but that fell through due to my flakiness. (Sorry.)

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 12, 2011, 22:56:12 »
I'm going to try to make something for this competition. I had an interesting idea, and while not completely original, I think I can make something nice out of it. As I still have some time to do it, I think you can count on my submission eventually.

Offline LordMarzog

• [interesting text goes here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 15, 2011, 09:23:12 »
Alright. Got my entry up in the levels releases thread, Here

I wasn't sure if I should post it in the level releases while the competition is still on.

It features 2 of my own custom tilesets. (Special thanks to GrayFace and KS Ex. That made making cut-scenes SOOOO much easier!!!)

But, anyways, enough of my rambling. What are you waiting for? Go play it! :D

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:49:15 by LordMarzog »
Run the Gauntlet: Prologue | Run the Gauntlet: Part 1 I'll add more interesting stuff here when I have more interesting stuff to add. (duh)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2011, 14:14:20 »
I wasn't sure if I should post it in the level releases while the competition is still on.

Early, impressive! I look forward to playing it (I'll probably play all entries at once). If you want to make a thread now go ahead, I personally think the earlier the better so feedback isn't divided between two different threads.

Offline LordMarzog

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 17, 2011, 07:29:26 »
Quick question. Egomassive pointed out a rather serious flaw in my level. (in the level releases thread) and I was wondering: Is it okay for me to update my entry before the competition is over?
Run the Gauntlet: Prologue | Run the Gauntlet: Part 1 I'll add more interesting stuff here when I have more interesting stuff to add. (duh)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #695 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:22 »
Quick question. Egomassive pointed out a rather serious flaw in my level. (in the level releases thread) and I was wondering: Is it okay for me to update my entry before the competition is over?

Definitely.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 18, 2011, 23:28:51 »
I fear that I'm gonna end up rushing my competition level :/ Still better than nothing, I guess. I worked in it a bit, but some times I waste way too much time in tiny details, I just made the most complex animation I ever made for KS even though this was gonna be a quick level. I say this because tomorow morning I'm going home on Christmas vacation, and I may not have the time for this then. But I'll try :P

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 31, 2011, 00:46:09 »
Looks like I was right, wasn't able to finish it in time :/ I'll still finish it eventually.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #698 on: December 31, 2011, 03:33:42 »
How much longer do you think you'll need? In retrospect, this deadline was too close to the holiday season, so I'm probably going to give an extension.

Offline LordMarzog

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 31, 2011, 09:17:15 »
Extending the deadline is a great idea I think. Personally, I would love to see other entries for this competition.
Isn't Healy working on a level too?

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:40 »
How much longer do you think you'll need? In retrospect, this deadline was too close to the holiday season, so I'm probably going to give an extension.
A week should probably be OK, if that's not too much to ask.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #701 on: December 31, 2011, 16:25:23 »
Extending the deadline is a great idea I think. Personally, I would love to see other entries for this competition.
Isn't Healy working on a level too?

I'm glad you approve. OK, the new deadline is January 8!

I really hope Healy's working on something! Due to past experiences I've come to expect her entries not to eventuate sometimes... hopefully she'll read this and be inspired to prove me wrong.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #702 on: January 09, 2012, 10:00:43 »
Raicuparta, Healy and anyone else who might want to submit something: you have 1 hour to get those entries in!

I am forced to declare LordMarzog the winner! Run the Gauntlet: Prologue is a great level, challenging but fair in its design and featuring a plot I found genuinely engrossing. It's a shame it faced no competitors, but I congratulate LordMarzog for it nonetheless.

LordMarzog, should you so choose, you may host the next competition whenever you're ready.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:13:16 by sergiocornaga »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 09, 2012, 14:57:28 »
I am very sorry for asking for the extra time and not submiting anyway, I'm having some problems (had my flight rescheduled, which was the source of other problems) that stopped me from finishing it. I only need 20 or so minutes to finish it now, so I'll just release it anyway.

Offline LordMarzog

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 09, 2012, 18:16:51 »
Raicuparta, Healy and anyone else who might want to submit something: you have 1 hour to get those entries in!

I am forced to declare LordMarzog the winner! Run the Gauntlet: Prologue is a great level, challenging but fair in its design and featuring a plot I found genuinely engrossing. It's a shame it faced no competitors, but I congratulate LordMarzog for it nonetheless.

LordMarzog, should you so choose, you may host the next competition whenever you're ready.

Thanks Sergio. It is indeed a pity that it faced no opposition :/

I am very sorry for asking for the extra time and not submitting anyway, I'm having some problems (had my flight rescheduled, which was the source of other problems) that stopped me from finishing it. I only need 20 or so minutes to finish it now, so I'll just release it anyway.
And don't feel too bad about it. Life happens and there are (shockingly C)p) more important things than Knytt Stories.

As for the next competition, I probably won't start a new one for a bit since my classes start tomorrow. So, I'll just leave it open for anyone to start a competition.