• 841 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #660 on: August 15, 2011, 08:11:36 »
Ah, okay then...

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 15, 2011, 19:32:39 »
I have to say I got a tiny fragment of texture from an image online (only a small bit - less than the size of a KS tile) and just used it to make the two basic brick designs (1x1 and 2x1). I used the colours from it to make my own background. I started with the blue version, and made the greyscale version that's used at the start of the game. Then I made the other colours from there with a tediously simple method that would make the master tileset makers of the forums laugh at me.

Sorry guys; still no competition. I was away all weekend and I have two job interviews this week so my mind's been on other things. I'm going away for a week starting Friday, so I'll try and have something running before then. If not, two week's break may do us some good.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 16, 2011, 18:01:42 »
Double post!

I thought of something!

I hereby declare the start of the next Knytt Stories level competition: the theme is

JOURNEY

There is one condition, which is that the level must contain at least 3 different environments (though how you interpret 'environment' is up to you).

Otherwise, whatever floats your boat! Deadline will be 31st of September.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 16, 2011, 21:39:49 »
I'm interested in participating while I can't work in my level, but I can't really immagine making a journey level without it being  quite big. I'll think about it :/

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 21, 2011, 06:24:41 »
I'm thinking of trying a first competition. I'll see if I can come up with a revolutionary idea with the Journey theme...
By the way Talps, there's no 31st in Sept. so I'm guessing the 30th.

edit: I got my "great" idea, now I need more drawing skills, because it'd include a bunch of COs... It's gonna be based on a good book!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:58:40 by variad »

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 24, 2011, 22:15:40 »
Of course. I was merely testing your observation.

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 28, 2011, 02:17:19 »
Hum, so there's no real Journey competition?? That'd be really disappointing, because I've just spent a few days not only on thinking out a big concept, but making a complete tileset and about ten screens... of course I can release the level without a competition, but still...

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 28, 2011, 07:32:42 »
Hum, so there's no real Journey competition?? That'd be really disappointing, because I've just spent a few days not only on thinking out a big concept, but making a complete tileset and about ten screens... of course I can release the level without a competition, but still...

I think he meant the September 31st Deadline. No worries...

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 28, 2011, 10:22:59 »
Sorry guys; still no competition. I was away all weekend and I have two job interviews this week so my mind's been on other things. I'm going away for a week starting Friday, so I'll try and have something running before then. If not, two week's break may do us some good.

Ok ok, thanks Peppy. I got confused by that post up there... I thought there was an edit or something. Sorry. While it's on my mind, is the book The Little Prince well known in the US? Originally it's from France, and a classic french book.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 28, 2011, 12:39:26 »
I was attempting humour. Sorry.

The competition is on. The closing date is one that actually exists (30th of September).

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #670 on: August 29, 2011, 03:51:05 »
While it's on my mind, is the book The Little Prince well known in the US? Originally it's from France, and a classic french book.

I think it's fairly well known worldwide.

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 29, 2011, 05:29:07 »
It's a classic? I have it, and don't like it. >.> (The Little Prince)
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 29, 2011, 11:06:28 »
I'd have to read the wikipedia article.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2011, 01:27:42 »
There's not a lot of time left and there's been no entries. Is anyone working on anything for this?

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2011, 22:51:43 »
I didn't

Sorry. School started for me and homework piled up like crazy <_<. Besides, i also have plans for KS Levels (With no progress though). I noticed this is a slow time for the NSF so i wouldn't expect any entries unless somebody has been secretly working on this.

Sorry :(