KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #585 on: June 30, 2011, 07:54:44 »
@ sergiocornaga: Xoft's Level Composer can automatically duplicate sections of your map including ini code.

That's what I've been using (not sure I'd even consider doing this without it) but even then there's some stuff that has to be altered manually... also I have to duplicate maps no more than two at once or the program crashes. Thanks for mentioning it, though.

EDIT: Level's done.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 18:32:38 by sergiocornaga »

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 30, 2011, 20:17:08 »
You have 3 hours to turn something in. Otherwise sergio automatically loses.
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 30, 2011, 20:51:19 »

That is mean... You are depriving a chance of Sergio Cornaga to host another competition...
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=4796.0: I post this level so he wins...

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 30, 2011, 22:57:30 »

That is mean... You are depriving a chance of Sergio Cornaga to host another competition...
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=4796.0: I post this level so he wins...

Did you think I was serious?
I'll give one more hour before time is up.
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 30, 2011, 23:02:04 »

Did you think I was serious?
I'll give one more hour before time is up.

Either way, an excuse to have more than one competitor if you were lying... XD

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 01, 2011, 10:59:40 »
'Tis officially July where I am, but we only have one entry (well done, Sergio) unless I'm missing something obvious.

Is anyone else working on something? If not, I'll play Sergio's level and tell you how much he won by.

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 02, 2011, 02:24:28 »
Time's up, I guess.
The winner is sergio!
....but how many points did you get? Find out soon!

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 02, 2011, 03:28:35 »
My points:

Sergiocornaga (9 Days):
Use of day and night theme: 10/15 (counter was nice, and it was there, but they were rather short days and nights (especially when I barely clipped the corner of day 3 when I was falling).)
Fun: 8/10 (Got frustrating after a while but the music gave great atmosphere and the ending had a really great feeling of triumph.)

My score: 18/25

It's hard to be critical when I have nothing else to compare it to, but well done. It was fun, and pretty. I posted more in the level thread.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #593 on: July 04, 2011, 12:31:18 »
While I wait for jetio4's points, I'll announce the next competition:

SHORT TIME FRAME

Make a Knytt Stories level in a short time frame! There are no other restrictions. The due date is Friday 15 July... as far as I'm concerned, anything made between now and then is probably within a short enough time frame, but in case you feel otherwise I've set up an event for making a level in 2 hours over at Glorious Trainwrecks. Try to keep track of how long you take and mention it when you submit your level!

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #594 on: July 04, 2011, 15:02:25 »
So wish I wasn't getting our house ready for sale and getting ready to work overtime.  :/  :sick:

One of these days I shall freely knytt again!...  Probably when I retire.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #595 on: July 04, 2011, 16:35:34 »
So wish I wasn't getting our house ready for sale and getting ready to work overtime.  :/  :sick:

This competition theme might actually work well for you... you could see how much you can achieve in 20 minutes. Well, hopefully you have that much free time!

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #596 on: July 04, 2011, 20:38:38 »
well... yeah... i might try something like that.  I don't think I can justify it until I get my budget balanced, which is what I'm doing right now... or trying to.  :P

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 04, 2011, 22:48:00 »
10 for how you use the 'Clever and Obvious Shift Use' theme 10/10. Wow. Those are really good shifts!
10 for how pretty the level is 7/10. I liked the level and the decorations, but meh.
3 for referencing Portal - 2. Funny reference, but only got it through looking at the level release topic.
1 for referencing Jetio4 1. There's a reference.
1 for referencing Talps 1. There's a reference.

Total: 21/25 + 18/25 = 39/50.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 05, 2011, 19:03:45 »
i might make a level for this but expect an environmental level from me...

« Reply #599 on: July 06, 2011, 02:18:46 »
While I wait for jetio4's points, I'll announce the next competition:

SHORT TIME FRAME

Make a Knytt Stories level in a short time frame! There are no other restrictions. The due date is Friday 15 July... as far as I'm concerned, anything made between now and then is probably within a short enough time frame, but in case you feel otherwise I've set up an event for making a level in 2 hours over at Glorious Trainwrecks. Try to keep track of how long you take and mention it when you submit your level!

I'm in. I'm going to have my level done by tonight.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.