KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #510 on: February 08, 2011, 03:15:52 »
The deadline for the current competition is this Saturday! Is everyone moving along with their entries pretty well, or would you guys like an extension?

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #511 on: February 09, 2011, 13:33:53 »
Ha!  Believe it or not I almost forgot I started my level for a competition.  Or at the very least, there was so little activity on the forum topic that I gave up using it as an entry.  My level is about 60% done with about 60 screens, and I think I need at least 50 more screens to call it done.  I don't know if I can make it this Saturday or not.  I very much doubt it.  My personally set deadline is 3-8-11.  I may try to get a demo out for the competition deadline since my deadline is a month away.  :)

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 10, 2011, 03:39:17 »
Haha, well, I think I may add another week onto the deadline anyway, since I want there to be more than one entry. So, how about February 19, then? I'll quote the original post on the new page for good measure as well.

Urban Environments are settings I'd like to see more of in Knytt Stories, so let's make that the theme of the new competition. Cities, towns, sewers, even municipal buildings, all of that and more can be the setting of your entries.

My scoring breakdown:
Use of Theme: How well did you use the theme "Urban Environments?" (scored out of 10 points)
Playability: Are there any glitches in your game, gamebreaking or otherwise? Is the game a smooth experience, for the most part, or is it a walking pile of frustration? (scored out of 10 points)
Ear/Eye Candy: How well did you use the tilesets (and custom objects if you have them) in your game? Are the music choices you made appropriate? (scored out of 10 points)
Fun Factor: How enjoyable is it to play your level? (scored out of 10 points)
Personal Preference Bonus points that I will give if I really like a level (maximum 5 points)

Deadline's February the 12th the 19th.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2011, 03:40:14 »
I also want there to be more than one entry. So I made this. 'parkour' is a level in which there is nowhere to go and nothing to achieve.

Download it here.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2011, 10:22:25 »
I also want there to be more than one entry. So I made this. 'parkour' is a level in which there is nowhere to go and nothing to achieve.

I liked this a lot. Short and sweet, and the music was very fitting.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2011, 15:17:50 »
I'm glad you enjoyed it, as I was uncertain whether anyone would!

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2011, 13:58:55 »
I too liked it, though I need to peek at it with the editor to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Is it really that joyously short with no ending?

Extra wonderful tilesets by the way.  Yours?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #517 on: February 17, 2011, 06:37:28 »
I too liked it, though I need to peek at it with the editor to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Is it really that joyously short with no ending?

Thanks. Yeah, it's that short, and there's no ending. If you opened it up in the editor you probably found the level's one secret, though...

Extra wonderful tilesets by the way.  Yours?

Ayup! I should say that anyone should feel free to use the included tileset, but I'm afraid it's not very user-friendly.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 17, 2011, 14:03:08 »
Your talking to the self proclaimed king of un-user friendly tilesets here.  :)

And an update, though I would love to have mine done by Saturday, I don't see it happening.  I'll do my best though.  I'm guessing I'm at 75 screens and I need around 110.  Plus, I have some warps and stuff to figure out and maybe opening and closing screens.  Normally, I'm a 30 minute a screen guy, but the tileset I'm using, while complex, is detail low, so it is actually taking me closer to 10 min per screen.

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2011, 19:04:53 »
Eh, one more day? I think I'll TRY to get into the next comp. I've never even TOUCHED the Knytt Stories Level Editor, so we'll see how it goes :\

Oh, I'm 7 hours behind the forum in time(zones). I live in Atlanta Georgia, USA, so can anyone tell me what time zone I should be in?
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

« Reply #520 on: February 19, 2011, 01:33:42 »
Here's a small level I made to keep the competition alive.

It was supposed to start in a mine and then emerge in an urban environment.

But I didn't finish so...there is a mine without the urban environment...haha.

Anyway, hope it's fun. It's a challenge level.

It's called "Enemy Mine." It was inspired by dessgeega's "The Oubliette," which is a super cool level.

http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/DaveGermainGames%20-%20Enemy%20Mine.knytt.bin

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 19, 2011, 21:25:37 »
An hour and a half left, with I think 3 entries, right?

Note that where I am it's 15:26, which means 8 and a half hours left. Are going by the Forum time, or individual times?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 21:27:29 by jetio4 »
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 19, 2011, 23:53:28 »
I don't really mind when you get it done, as long as it's still somewhere close to Saturday in your timezone. Hope you finish!

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 20, 2011, 23:05:40 »
Headgrinder and Jetio4, are your entries ready? I would be willing to give you until Tuesday to finish them up.

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 21, 2011, 04:01:29 »
I didn't make myself clear, did I? I'm not in this comp yet. Maybe next one.