KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #495 on: January 07, 2011, 00:22:04 »
I won?  :shocked:

I- I won! :whoa:

I think a need a moment. Next contest will be up later today or tomorrow.

« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2011, 00:29:42 »
My tileset won?  :shocked:
I might try this competition if i feel like it.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2011, 23:00:24 »
Urban Environments are settings I'd like to see more of in Knytt Stories, so let's make that the theme of the new competition. Cities, towns, sewers, even municipal buildings, all of that and more can be the setting of your entries.

My scoring breakdown:
Use of Theme: How well did you use the theme "Urban Environments?" (scored out of 10 points)
Playability: Are there any glitches in your game, gamebreaking or otherwise? Is the game a smooth experience, for the most part, or is it a walking pile of frustration? (scored out of 10 points)
Ear/Eye Candy: How well did you use the tilesets (and custom objects if you have them) in your game? Are the music choices you made appropriate? (scored out of 10 points)
Fun Factor: How enjoyable is it to play your level? (scored out of 10 points)
Personal Preference Bonus points that I will give if I really like a level (maximum 5 points)

Deadline's February the 12th the 19th.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:40:04 by Healy »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #498 on: January 08, 2011, 00:29:08 »
Hey, a nice simple theme!  I might do eet!  So question, is this limited to roughly modern urban environments, or will past and future work as well?

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2011, 01:07:53 »
Past and future cities are okay! All I ask is that you try to capture the feeling of being in the city.

« Reply #500 on: January 08, 2011, 01:56:12 »
I might make a custom tileset (my 2nd) for this one since i was already planning on doing an urban tileset (Hehe) But you said "sewer" and already got an idea for a 3rd tileset.

Offline saba

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 08, 2011, 14:39:48 »
Congratulations.  :)

Also, nice theme, but since I just made a city, I think I'll pass this time  :^^:

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 08, 2011, 14:44:08 »
Yeah!  Future Cities!  I've had a tileset for a future city I made for my Dream Stones level, but that level will probably not be even started for quite a while, so I would love to give it a test run in this competition.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 12, 2011, 13:17:24 »
Oooook, well, since I appear to be the only one entering this competition... ?  ... I suppose it doesn't matter much that I won't have it done by the deadline.  As I started work, I remembered some prior criticisms of my textures that I wanted to resolve, and saw some other issues with the tileset, so that has consumed what little time I've had so far.  I've also been dog sick, so that took some time up.  :sick: 

Should I be offended that everyone else disappeared as soon as I said I was entering?  *sniffs arm pits* ... *shrugs*

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 12, 2011, 13:26:52 »
When I started my competition no one really said they wanted to join, so don't take it too much to heart.

I'm already working on a small level to procrastinate from my big project so I sadly won't be part of this.

Offline oskop

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 12, 2011, 14:37:38 »
I think I may try and make a level for this! I'm a complete zero at tilesetting though. I've only recently started regularly playing around with pixel art and basic digital drawing (which is a way of saying I make abstract trees in paint when bored, really). But if I find nice tilesets for use, or can manage to put one together, I'll enter. It's a nice theme (though I think one of the harder ones; urban elements in Knytts usually seem to ammount to ruins and isolated fantasy buildings). Good idea.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #506 on: January 13, 2011, 05:14:28 »
I released an urban tileset I made to help with the current competition.

« Reply #507 on: January 14, 2011, 12:24:44 »
has anyone seen sergio? he's missing and we're starting to worry

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #508 on: January 14, 2011, 13:23:56 »
has anyone seen sergio? he's missing and we're starting to worry

He has checked the forum today. Maybe you should send him a pm, and notify him of this topic.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #509 on: January 18, 2011, 12:49:06 »
I am around. The computer I did most of my KS making on crashed spectacularly, and while I was able to recover everything (I think) I have been reluctant to get back into things.

It is unlikely I will enter the current competition, but I suppose it is possible.