KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #465 on: November 20, 2010, 20:24:21 »
The new competition theme is nice! I was thinking of entering, but since I'm working on several levels already and would like to release at least one or two before the year's end, I'm not sure if I can manage it  :/

« Reply #466 on: November 22, 2010, 08:25:57 »
I'm going to give this a try. I think it will make a nice prologue to a bigger game I'm making.

Here's a link to the preview:

http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?PHPSESSID=ddc9e3a3caee289ea970832fc1ef1a0d&topic=4329.0

Also, I have a question there about using other people's tilesets. Not sure what the rules are...

Offline saba

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 22, 2010, 16:04:18 »
I love this theme so I'm going to participate in this for the first time  C)

Editing for one quick question: Is it okay if it is neither challenge nor puzzle? I think what I'm planning will be categorized as miscellaneous.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 22:57:43 by saba »

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 23, 2010, 02:27:59 »
I love this theme so I'm going to participate in this for the first time  C)

Editing for one quick question: Is it okay if it is neither challenge nor puzzle? I think what I'm planning will be categorized as miscellaneous.
That's fine; whatever floats your boat :p

Dave, try searching the KS level support thread, or reading its stickies.

« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2010, 12:06:28 »
SErgio is absent due to an attack of "milkmaid's knee". I am posting in his stead.

He writes:

No i mean, what is the wittgenstein quote you're referring to? i meant just a quote from me about the level. YOU FOOL YOU ARE MISQUOTING ME!! I WILL KILL YOU!! WITH A ACXE!

I am not sorry this took so long to complete. I am adamant! I was fine-tuning it and decided that ultimately, god is a giant pinata, which is empty. This might be my penultimate work. I think Wittgenstein would be proud, were he not a drunkard! And also deceased.

P.S. here is a background I ultimately cut from the level (http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/files/kslevelbg.jpg). Consider it bonus material!

Here i leave you with a quote from Rhetoric Stu, even if he was rude to me, nevertheless he said "It is the most futile metaphor about beauty! For it was Wittgenstein who wrote: Your face!"

Thus spake Sergio Cornaga, in the 2010th year of... whenever we decided to start counting.

p.s. You will need to click this link otherwise nothing will happen
http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/files/Knytt%20Without%20a%20Cause.zip

I will now score the gaem! Dave you may do so as well

« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2010, 12:18:37 »
SERGIO CORNAGA'S ULTIMATE NON-WINNABLE SCORE!

1. shift  10 / 10 – I liked the fact that you could "shift" juni around the screen with the controls keys, but without using actual shifts in the level! Clever!
2. umbrella  5/5 points – Woo! That secret umbrella part was FANTASTIC! But how did you manage to hide it in the level editor???  :/
3. enemy/traps 10/10  The trap is that there is no trap! Of course!! By having no obstacles, you render Juni's life meaningless! This is incredible
4. gratuitous advertisements: 7/7  By the time I was done, I wanted to go out and buy 10 hectares of drywall
5. banner of superiority: 3/3  You gave me so much superiority over rhetoric stu that you didn't even feel it worth mentioning. Which makes sense - it's so obvious!
6. humorous storyline or dialogue: 5/5 points HAahahahaHAHAH yoUHAHAH oh, mercy
7. broken or buggy game: 5/5  your umbrella feature seems to not work on some computers? That's great, i can't wait to see the look on someone's face at some point

bonus points: bizzare custom music with samples of barnyard creatures. 5/5. Yes, chemically evolving clay IS a barnyard creature well done
Bonus bonus: You get the "yellow juni" bonus  5/5

Total score: 55! too bad you did not submit in time or you would have won!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #471 on: November 30, 2010, 12:23:57 »
I don't remember entering, but I'm very happy about the score!

P.S. Please send me a PM with further details about the umbrella bug. Even though you liked it, I'd hate to think that people could play this level and think there's nothing more to it.

P.P.S. You seem to have severely misquoted me, consider correcting this.

« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2010, 12:28:29 »
What?? I didn't misquote you! this is exactly what you said! And how can you not remember entering this game into the competition?? it was all over the tabloids!

are you calling me a liar? if so i am more than willing to remove points!

p.s. I will PM you about the umbrella bug

« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2010, 12:37:51 »
Please, sir... come now, let us talk like men.

If Sergio insists that you have misquoted him, then clearly you have done so. As this, as in all other things, do you not suck?

please. Be reasonable. You have obviously misquoted him as saying "YOU FOOL YOU ARE MISQUOTING ME!! I WILL KILL YOU!! WITH A ACXE!"... and naturally if you have quoted him as saying you have misquoting him, a) if the quote is accurate, then you have indeed you have misquoted him, b) if the quote is inaccurate, then too have you misquoted him. Or c) Sergio lied about you misquoting him in the first instance, in which case also i raise the fact that you suck, and "your face" also.

Again i implore you to set aside the fleeting passions and embrace the more formal logic of Wittgenstein, whom you yourself once quoted with great respect.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 02, 2010, 18:35:05 »
Anyone else smell a troll? Or at the very least a definite air of idiocy.

« Reply #475 on: December 04, 2010, 07:34:18 »
I'm not going to score Sergio's game but I will say it is very interesting. I think it is possibly the simplest Knytt game (and yet impossible to win).

« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2010, 07:35:24 »
By the way, anyone else entering this month? I am sluggishly working on mine. A little competition might be encouraging...

« Reply #477 on: December 04, 2010, 08:25:28 »
i will probably submit css3 but it will be horrendously poor, since i am an "idiot" ;)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #478 on: December 06, 2010, 07:41:18 »
By the way, anyone else entering this month?

Hopefully.

Anyone else smell a troll? Or at the very least a definite air of idiocy.

Who, caevstroy? Judging by the way he ran his half of the competition he's just... like that. Whether that's trolling or idiocy is I suppose up to personal opinion. I view him more as a misunderstood genius or something like that.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #479 on: December 07, 2010, 02:13:00 »
caevstroy is funny. Besides, he is superior to rhetoricstu in every way. (or so Firecat was told)