KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2010, 22:36:58 »
Ok, so to clarify, is the standard puzzle of "I can't get there from here until I get X power up"  considered a puzzle?
I wouldn't personally consider that to be a puzzle, to me a puzzle is something you have to think a bit about. But if you consider that to be a puzzle, go for it :)

As stated in the rules: "...How you choose to interpret this is up to you". So if the level has something that you consider to be a puzzle element then it's an exeptable entry.
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2010, 00:50:43 »
EDIT2: Maybe I will join I suppose.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:38:31 by SecretGlitch »
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2010, 00:58:29 »
"something you have to think about" is a fantastic clarification.  :)  Thanks.

Perhaps in the future I might suggest we do a little more than 2 weeks.  I've got a very packed life as it is, and I'm worried I'm not going to get this level far enough along to suite my taste.

Or I guess when I win I can set the time longer.  :)

Offline SingingSurger

• Dang, I get my shirt stretched out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2010, 21:58:13 »
Bulba, I don't know if your level was an entry to my contest, but if it was, you win by default. I would enter your contest, but my computer is corrupted so I have to use another computer that doesn't support KS. Gratz.
Ah, look at all the lonely people.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2010, 22:21:08 »
I have a level that I've been working on on and off for a while now...maybe I'll just finish it up and throw it in here.

Granted, I said I'd participate in the last competition too, and we all know what happened there. X)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2010, 23:35:14 »
Maaaaaan oh maaaaan.  That is the last time I'll be doing a 2 week competition.  I'm WAAAAY to picky to try to do a stage that meets my standards in 2 weeks.  

Anyhow, here it is, my entry into the competition, AAaaaaannnnd my first knytts level!

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Headgrinder%20-%20Well%20of%20White%20Waters.knytt.bin

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2010, 04:13:11 »
Huh, someone updated in this.

Well, I suppose if it's still going on, you can try my level in this contest too.

http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=2949

It may be too hard though.

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2010, 04:30:49 »
Oh dear. SecretGlitch entered. Now no one stands a chance. :P
Lurk more.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2010, 16:06:53 »
Yeah, that is pretty hard.  I have a 20 deaths in a row rule.  Once I reach that limit I'm officially done.  That level broke it on the first difficult screen.  It was super frustrating when I finally got past the freekin baddies only to fall off the Acrobats of China platform save spot before I could save.   O_o 

What I saw was really beautiful though.  Congrads on those great custom graphics.  Very well done.

Now... I'm the noobie and I'm not complaining... but it's a little weird to have slaved like a dog to get my level done in 2 weeks, only to have someone post a level they've already had finished.  Kinda makes my last 2 weeks seem like a foot race against a NASCAR.  But, I do realize Bulbapuck didn't specify what Dandelion did in the first post in in this thread:

#  Your level must be started while the contest is going on. That means no entering levels you worked on for months before the competition but just now finished, levels you never released, or your levels from the old forum. Part of the challenge is that there is a time limit, and it wouldn't be fair to those who are making levels just for the competition if someone has 100 screens already done beforehand.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just confused and disappointed. 

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2010, 16:54:18 »
Actually, I started this the same day as you. It's the reason why I even started making this level. (Yeah, I was working on it near constantly)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2010, 21:19:57 »
Oh really?  Sorry sorry... when you posted it, it sounded like you where just throwing out a premade level

Huh, someone updated in this.

Well, I suppose if it's still going on, you can try my level in this contest too.

Yeah, didn't sound like a new level.  My bad.  Ignore the noobie.   XD

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2010, 21:22:50 »
Knytt stories level competition!
Deadline: March 21st

Here are the rules:

• The level will be about Juni being trapped somewhere and is trying to get out
  • The level must feature at least one puzzle element. How you choose to interpret this is up to you.

And that's it. It seems the last one was approx. 2 weeks so this one is too.

Good luck!

Eep! I completely forgot that was this weekend!

Uh... what time zone are we going by? I might be able to get my entry done by midnight on the 21st somewhere...

I should definitely be able to finish it by tomorrow midnight GMT, if that does me any good.

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2010, 23:48:52 »
Although it has been substantially shown that I'm a noobie, I'm thinking people would rather see plenty of entries rather than an iron clad due date.

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2010, 00:36:56 »
Yeah, I'm pretty certain (although not completely as bulbapuck hasn't posted in here for a while) that an extension can be made. I wouldn't want you to do a rush job on the rest of your level in order to make the date.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 02:40:50 »
It would be more a matter of the puzzle element being less complex and/or the level in general being buggier. (I'm hoping to have no wallswims, no voids, no unwinnable states etc. Of course, doesn't everyone...?) If Bulbapuck decides the deadline is "firm" this time instead of flexible within a day or so, it won't be as good a level, but I can trim it to what's ready-ish.

I'm putting off trying anyone else's until I'm finished with mine, but I'm already scared of SecretGlitch's. Not as competition -- as a player! I thought "Going Left" was awesome but I couldn't actually play through more than two consecutive screens anywhere in the level. Definitely not LoCP material.

Actually, it's eggplant.