KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2010, 01:33:48 »
One screen, dagnabbit.  So yes, that's illegal.

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2010, 01:51:17 »
Grrrr.. Whatever; my level will just have to deal with saving where you can't win.
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2010, 07:49:14 »
wait what

what makes you think i am not/was not aware of that

what

...what
The fact that you started a new round right after the one I started failed, and told me it was "painfully obvious that you people cannot run a competition."

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2010, 19:52:38 »
No offense, but it's painfully obvious that you people cannot run a competition.  (Neither can I.)
Pay attention to the bolded words.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2010, 01:39:32 »
No offense, but it's painfully obvious that you people cannot run a competition.  (Neither can I.)
Pay attention to the bolded words.
The fact that he ran a new round right after the one I ran failed makes it a bit more insulting, even if he did say he couldn't run one either. :/

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2010, 23:46:25 »
Well...sorry.

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2010, 06:16:03 »
May I respectfully request someone posts here deadline day? Otherwise it won't appear in my unread posts menu, and I'll be late with my entry.
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 18:15:57 »
Deadline is February 18.

Well...sorry.
Meh, I overreacted, I'm mostly at fault here. I was just a little annoyed that my round didn't work out (and then Purple Pineapple was fine for your new round despite having had an "unfixable" problem before :|). At any rate, I'm assuming I'm still a judge? Unless there aren't any judges for this one, or if you want new ones.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 23:48:51 »
Yeah, you can judge, but bear in mind that it is probably going to be just one entry.

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2010, 03:45:23 »
Just one? Oh dear, oh my.
Lurk more.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 15:08:43 »
Well, I guess you win by default unless someone else shows up and posts within the next however many hours.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 18:02:09 »
It was really depressing to see one competition fail, then another, and then another, so I decided to make a level for the latest one, to spice things up a bit:
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=2793.0
Unfortunately, it doesn't hold a candle to Purple Pineapple's wonderful entry. But hey, at least there are two levels, not one. :/

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2010, 01:34:16 »
I guess Purple Pineapple still wins, then, unless PYP objects.  (Pardon me for not making a complicated and horribly overdramatized buildup to that statement.)  While the level was (deliberately) butt-ugly, it at least actually had a puzzle element in it, though not much of one.

yohji's wasn't really a puzzle, just trial-and-error with shifts.

Klamrisk's entry was by far the most interesting, and it actually had one real, reasonably difficult puzzle!  Unfortunately, it was, y'know, one day late, so I can't give it the prize.

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2010, 01:36:22 »
Klamrisk's entry was by far the most interesting, and it actually had one real, reasonably difficult puzzle!  Unfortunately, it was, y'know, one day late, so I can't give it the prize.
Who what where? Oh.....
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2010, 20:18:18 »
I guess Purple Pineapple still wins, then, unless PYP objects.  (Pardon me for not making a complicated and horribly overdramatized buildup to that statement.)  While the level was (deliberately) butt-ugly, it at least actually had a puzzle element in it, though not much of one.

yohji's wasn't really a puzzle, just trial-and-error with shifts.

I would actually purport that Purple Pineapple's was the better one. The only thing that makes it a contest between that and Klämrisk's entry is the lack of a background in Purple Pineapple's. I agree with your decision on Yohji's level, though.