KS Level Competition

• 841 Replies
Re: KS Level Competition
« Reply #525 on: February 21, 2011, 14:43:54 »
Should have included this level release link with my level:

http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=4614.0

ortoslon made a playthrough video which he posted on the thread if you want to take a quick look at the level.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #526 on: February 23, 2011, 16:39:41 »
I'm guessing this is all the entries we're gonna get?

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 23, 2011, 17:12:24 »
Unless Headgrinder gets one in. Healy, it's your call if you stop it or wait for him...
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2011, 22:57:04 »
I think I'll wait on him, at least until the weekend. I'll send Headgrinder a PM and see if he wants to continue working on his entry.

Edit: Oh, and this new deadline applies to everyone else as well. So if anyone has any last minute entries they'd like to enter, get those in by this Sunday.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 23:09:58 by Healy »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #529 on: February 28, 2011, 13:45:45 »
I hate to, but I must officially bow out... of course it's past Sunday too.  :)  Sorry for not doing so earlier, I feel like I caused the comp to go longer than it should have.  I've got about 10 more screens, about 10 minor reworks, and quite a bit of warps to set up, plus any opening and closing screens, any story stuff, and I'm waiting for a buddy to get his music to me.  So, as I thought, I'll probably be done around March 10th, if I'm lucky.  I might try to get a preview page up soon, but they take time and I'd rather devote it to getting the level done. 

Thanks again, though, for trying to extend this out for me. and sorry to let you down.   :sick:

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 04, 2011, 18:21:13 »
...well, Healy? Not to sound impatient, but the only work I might get done is going to be on the weekends...  :sick:
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2011, 19:58:44 »
Soooo....what's going on? I'd like to start the next contest if possible...

I think it's just Sergio and I in this contest?

If that is the case, I'm willing to concede and let Sergio get the win and plan the next contest.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #532 on: March 11, 2011, 03:41:55 »
I'm with Dave on this. In all honesty we don't need Healy to declare the winner. The theme was Urban, and Dave's level doesn't incorporate it, at least not implicitly. Sergio's level is undoubtedly urban. Maybe someday Healy will come back and give us an explicit breakdown of the score, but in the meantime let's continue.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #533 on: March 11, 2011, 04:35:44 »
Ah, but use of theme counts for only about a quarter according to Healy's scoring breakdown! Taking into account fun, eye candy and bonus points I may not be the winner at all.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #534 on: March 11, 2011, 16:21:54 »
I didn't realize the theme was weighted so lightly. Dave's level probably will score higher in candy and fun categories, the game is simply larger. And of course, the 5 points for personal preference are definitely a wild card. In any case, Dave has already conceded victory. So, Sergio, will you host a competition?

« Reply #535 on: March 15, 2011, 01:23:12 »
Yep, I concede. Sergio had a super cool game that had a good urban theme and was fun to play.

Also, I'm anxious for another competition to begin  ;)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #536 on: March 15, 2011, 10:14:00 »
I guess I'll start another competition then! This month's theme is

COLLABORATION

by which I mean, entries need to be made by at least two people, which each person contributing a similar amount of work. Beyond that, go wild!

Deadline is Friday 15 April.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 15, 2011, 11:28:05 »
Nice idea!
I don't have any ideas myself, but, just to get it out there, I'd happily help anyone who has an idea I like.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #538 on: March 15, 2011, 14:12:17 »
Your post is much appreciated, Talps! I fully support using this thread for 'hookups'. Participating in multiple entries with different groups is fine by me, too.

P.S. Did you read my last PM?

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 17, 2011, 18:16:56 »
Is anyone else in this competition?

Me and Talps are now in a group. :D